***Official Houston Astros 2023-24 Offseason Thread*** [Staff Warning - OP]

857,637 Views | 11245 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Lonestar_Ag09
Deluxe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Pretty high on my 2024 wish list is Hunter or Javier emerging as a dependable top-of-rotation starter. A stopper type. Would do a lot for our rotation outlook post 2025.
bearkatag15
AG
Deluxe said:

bearkatag15 said:

I'll take France.

Good pick. He was my other choice.
I shall defend him with the same energy I showed with my hatred towards Tyler White
Beat40
tjack16 said:

RED AG 98 said:

First thought -- man that is a Porkchop bat signal. Him being the first reply did not disappoint!

I had kind of a fun thought for the regulars on this thread. I remember in about 2019-2020 farmer would always have Tucker's back when people posted against him… to the point where we all said don't make farmer mad talking about TED.

It would be fun if we had a draft where each poster had one player that they HAVE to defend and post positively about at all costs throughout the season even if they play at a Maldonado level.
How about you guys just pick for me?
texasaggie2015
AG
Congrats you have Montero
bearkatag15
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

Beat40
texasaggie2015 said:

Mathguy64
AG
I'll take Pressly. Poor ******* did nothing but excel and lost his job to a newbie.
tjack16
AG
Tjack16 (me) - Javier
Farmer1906 - McCullers
MathGuy64 - Pressly
CFATXAG10 - Jose Abreu
RED AG 98 - Dubon
Lonestar_Ag09 - Jake Meyers
Deluxe - Blanco
Marvin - Framber alert
Bearkat15 - JP France
Beat40 - Montero
AgSportsFan89 - Singleton
Linkdude - Hunter Brown
Twisted Helix - Cabbage
DustyBaker - Julks
Bregxit - Hensley

Some good ones still on the board if anybody wants in. Must only post positively about your player all season

Unclaimed: Pena, Chas, Seth Martinez, Luis Garcia, Urquidy, Hader, Diaz, Caratini, Mushinski, Sousa, Hensley, Kessinger

Exempt due to universal popularity/stardom: JV, Bregman, Altuve, Yordan, Tucker
Farmer1906
AG
Someone get Brown. He's going to be easy to defend this year when he kicks everyone ass.
Breggy Popup
AG
I guess it would only be natural if I take Bregman.

Well dammit. I'll take Hensley. PANCAKES!
Marvin
AG
All right, Tjack... Javier already sucking in the first inning. What's up with that crap??????
RED AG 98
AG
Me in October: Now hold on yall remember Dubon's OPS in Spring Training was 1.257!
linkdude
AG
If nobody's got dibs on Hunter Brown, I'll say he's heading for the anti-sophomore slump. Sign me up.
Marvin
AG
Need to pin this to the first page of the season thread, because I will spend all summer wondering why some of you are dying on these hills.
tjack16
AG
Marvin said:

All right, Tjack... Javier already sucking in the first inning. What's up with that crap??????

You know what… he threw strikes and that's all you can ask for. I'd rather he leave that ball over the middle than give up the free pass. Eventually that will miss barrels
Mr.Bond
AG
I'll take Bracamonte
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

tjack16
AG
Mr.Bond said:

I'll take Bracamonte

Any bullpen guy that comes in and shuts it down… we'll know your guy gets the credit
Mathguy64
AG
So I get to say nothing but positive things about a guy who was part of not one but two no hitters including one in a WS, who holds the ML record for 40 consecutive scoreless appearances and who just happens to have out kicked his coverage (evidence below)? Thats my job? No problem.

Farmer1906
AG
Good news everyone. Lance is throwing at 120 feet, back to back days, around 80 mph. All is well in rehab. We'll have our F N nasty co ace back at the deadline.
Marvin
AG
tjack16 said:

Exempt due to universal popularity/stardom: JV, Bregman, Altuve, Yordan, Tucker

But we can still ***** and moan when Bregman starts O for April... right?
linkdude
AG
JV throwing to live hitters in the next couple days too.
Ag_07
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Good news everyone. Lance is throwing at 120 feet, back to back days, around 80 mph. All is well in rehab. We'll have our F N nasty co ace back at the deadline.

DustyBaker
Corey Julks for me
Twisted Helix
I got this guy.
MAROON
AG
I'll never utter a bad word about Chas
Deluxe
AG
Quick Blanco spring update: 11.2 IP, 4 H, 0 ER, 13 K, 4 BB

Later this year, we'll look back at Urquidy's injury as a lucky break because it gave Blanco a chance to emerge and become a rotation mainstay.
Mathguy64
AG
Pressly ST update. 4 IP, only 1 HR unlike that overpaid hack Hader who gave up back to back Falcon 9 launches.
Project Gemini
AG
Farmer1906 said:

texasaggie2015 said:

Nothing new to report other than they're still in talks with Boras regarding Snell and have been in contact with other arms as well- both starters and relievers. I also know they're working the trade market to shed some salary. I wasn't told who that would involve specifically but you gotta think it would be Montero. No idea how they would make it work- but they're trying.
I am stumped on who makes sense to trade away. As much as Montero is bad money, we need relief arms. Maybe we can flip Montero & a prospect for a cheap controlled relief arm.

Where is this spreadsheet/image from?
CFTXAG10
AG
Jose Abreu is about to Uncle Mike this b**** and be the veteran leader we need. Guy is at his fitness peak. Went to the Lebron James school of body preservation and took Pilates 3 times a week all offseason. Batting .353 in 17 AB's and a 1.068 OPS in spring training- Ohtani? Acuna? Costanza? ABREU!
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Mathguy64 said:

So I get to say nothing but positive things about a guy who was part of not one but two no hitters including one in a WS, who holds the ML record for 40 consecutive scoreless appearances and who just happens to have out kicked his coverage (evidence below)? Thats my job? No problem.

When you are worth 20-30mill plus can you ever out kick your coverage?
Marvin
AG
Some of you guys might want to pace yourselves.
Breggy Popup
AG
Dammit tjack!

I'll take Hensley. PANCAKES!
tjack16
AG
UPDATED

Tjack16 - Javier
Farmer1906 - McCullers
MathGuy64 - Pressly
CFATXAG10 - Jose Abreu
RED AG 98 - Dubon
Lonestar_Ag09 - Jake Meyers
Deluxe - Blanco
Marvin - Framber alert
Bearkat15 - JP France
Beat40 - Montero
AgSportsFan89 - Singleton
Linkdude - Hunter Brown
Twisted Helix - Cabbage
DustyBaker - Julks
Bregxit - Hensley
n_touch - Pena
Prosperdick - Chas
Redline248 - Diaz
All I do is Nguyen - Garcia
iamtheglove - Urquidy
The Porkchop Express - Caratini
JABQ04 - Kessinger
West Roxbury - Mushinski
wangus12 - Hader
spadilly - Sousa

Unclaimed: Martinez
EastCoastAgNc
AG
RED AG 98
AG
Nice to see some power from him again though. No idea the distance there but that's 2 in as many days if I'm not mistaken. No reason at all he shouldn't be a 20+ HR guy
First Page Last Page
Page 296 of 322

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.