Congrats to the Rangers

5,880 Views | 84 Replies | Last: 11 mo ago by Keeper of The Spirits
Wabs
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Vinny said:

I'm 56 now and have been to Rangers games since I was a little kid. There's been some really good years but 2011 about did me in as far as ever watching Rangers Baseball again. Like many other long-term suffering Rangers fans I hope this season gives us the the trophy we gave away 12 years ago. There's still a lot of work to do and nothing is a given. Let's do this!!!

Enjoy the hell out of it! As a life-long Astros fan, I endured MANY seasons of misery and failed postseason attempts. The last almost decade has been very enjoyable - the ups, downs, and WS championships was well worth the pain endured in the past. I think the Rangers have the team to do it. Won't be easy, but if they play the way they did against the Astros, I give them a great chance to bring home their first championship.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
My bad..that's who I intended to reply to.
jr15aggie
AG
Congrats Rangers from a Central Texas guy. I have no hometown loyalty and my love for Houston baseball is trumped by my love for the Dallas Cowboys.

Can't say I ever cheer for the Rangers, but I have family/friends that love them so of course I'm hoping y'all can finish the fight and raise your first banner!

Good luck and enjoy the WS!
the_batman26
AG
I hope their $800 million on contract deals works out well. We know about what that's like here.
jja79
AG
I believe he misspelled **** the Rangers.
zgood10
AG
Congrats y'all. Enjoy the next couple weeks. Take it from us, booze helps
JWinTX
jja79 said:

I believe he misspelled **** the Rangers.
Wow...that's classy. I'm glad the overwhelming majority of fans on this thread have been more gracious.
jja79
AG
Have you been around the last 7 years and heard the Ranger fans talking about the team with the second longest streak of making the LCS in history? Did you buy one of those Gig em horns shirts back in 2005?

I guess I should have put an emoji on there. I was mostly being facetious.
Herknav
AG
//Congrats, see u next next year @ this time. Thanks for the I-45 series. Good luck!//just my thoughts//
//Herknav sends//
Proposition Joe
Love this thread. To those who aren't regular baseball posters, we appreciate the good luck.

To those of you who have been obnoxious asses seeking validation at every turn - including the OP...

Suck it chumps. Feigning like you are now rooting for a team just to try and save a little face not only makes you a chump, but also a fan with zero conviction.
HarryRocket
They won. Im miserable. Enjoy my tears.

Fook em. Hope they lose in the WS again.
M.C. Swag
AG
I respect this!
JWinTX
Aggie Therapist said:

As a die hard Astros fan,

**** the rangers

I'd recommend therapy for you
Aggie Therapist
AG
Proposition Joe said:

Love this thread. To those who aren't regular baseball posters, we appreciate the good luck.

To those of you who have been obnoxious asses seeking validation at every turn - including the OP...

Suck it chumps. Feigning like you are now rooting for a team just to try and save a little face not only makes you a chump, but also a fan with zero conviction.

So you are only recognizing and accepting validation from people who don't watch baseball? And then the OP is saying he is pulling for the Rangers and you still call him out?

Interesting.
You’re not alone—the Veterans Crisis Line is here for you. You don’t have to be enrolled in VA benefits or health care to call.

Dial 988 Press 1
the_batman26
AG
Baseball fans are interesting to say the least; especially surrounding some of their cognitive dissonance on cheating in the sport.
Proposition Joe
Aggie Therapist said:

Proposition Joe said:

So you are only recognizing and accepting validation from people who don't watch baseball? And then the OP is saying he is pulling for the Rangers and you still call him out?

Interesting.

I didn't say don't watch baseball, I said aren't regular baseball posters.

Nor do I call out all the regular baseball posters, just the ones who have been obnoxious asses all season long. There's a reason there's a warning on the Rangers thread (one that routinely went unenforced) -- it's because all season long we'd have Astros posters just drop in to talk ***** Then when things started actually getting enforced a bit, we routinely got the "oh whoops wrong thread" edits so they could just claim an innocent (yet routinely predictable) mistake.

OP isn't pulling for the Rangers. OP is a clown trying to save face. It's why he raced to start a new thread on both Baseball and Premium after half of the dozen he started got deleted by mods. If Texas loses he'll be right back talking *****

Clown gets to keep his clown makeup on.
dermdoc
AG
Proposition Joe said:

Aggie Therapist said:

Proposition Joe said:

Interesting.

Nor do I call out all the regular baseball posters, just the ones who have been obnoxious asses all season long. There's a reason there's a warning on the Rangers thread (one that routinely went unenforced) -- it's because all season long we'd have Astros posters just drop in to talk ***** Then when things started actually getting enforced a bit, we routinely got the "oh whoops wrong thread" edits so they could just claim an innocent (yet routinely predictable) mistake.

OP isn't pulling for the Rangers. OP is a clown trying to save face. It's why he raced to start a new thread on both Baseball and Premium after half of the dozen he started got deleted by mods. If Texas loses he'll be right back talking *****

Please post a link to a thread where I said I pulled against the Rangers. I have consistently said I pulled for them when it didn't affect the Astros.

Now I have made some comments about Ranger fans and how sensitive they are.

And you prove my point.

You do not like me which is fine. Do not post falsehoods about me please.

To my knowledge I had no threads deleted by mods.

My one about Let's Go Astros is still on premium. I just checked.

Please stop lying. You really hate me.

Thanks.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Derm and other Astros today...

Proposition Joe
You're well aware of the thread that got deleted in the Baeeball forum, as you had multiple posters literally tell you "you're better than this."

But in the end ultimately I don't like you, nor do I hate you.

I just think you're a clown.
dermdoc
AG

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
dermdoc
AG
That post is from 10/16. And I believe the post you mention was because I called the Ranger fans sensitive, correct?

Never did I post i did not pull for the Rangers baseball team if they were not playing the Astros.

In fact, there are many more posts where I said the same thing as I did in the post above.

And when did I get a premium post banned? I honestly can not remember.
Clown" and "chump" on the same thread? Nice.

Gig 'em and God bless!

Oh, and if I got a post nuked on here it was definitely not about the Rangers baseball team. It was about their fans being sensitive. And once again, they proved my point.

My post about can we play the Rangers every game is still up I do believe.
Proposition Joe
Yup, 10/16 right after Rangers took a 2-0 lead -- already posturing.

Then Altuve hits a bomb in G5 and you started a (now deleted thread, among many others that were deleted that night) in Baseball Forum that even the people who know you said "you're better than this". But it's OK, you can pretend like you've forgotten that in your old age.

But Game 7 ends and it's back to "I hope the Rangers win at all".

A fan with zero conviction. Can't even own it. Clown.

That's all you'll get from me - I want to save my inbox from another one of your diatribe's like the last few times you've been made to look like a fool.
M.C. Swag
AG
Wasn't it literally "Being a Rangers fan must suck"? lol
Aggie Therapist
AG
Proposition Joe said:

Then Altuve hits a bomb in G5 and you started a (now deleted thread, among many others that were deleted that night) in Baseball Forum that even the people who know you said "you're better than this". But it's OK, you can pretend like you've forgotten that in your old age.

That's all you'll get from me - I want to save my inbox from another one of your diatribe's like the last few times you've been made to look like a fool.

The fact that you have all this memorized and in this amount of detail is concerning.

I've never seen this much disrespect towards an old ag on here.

Come on man. Take the high road. Derm Doc is good people.
You’re not alone—the Veterans Crisis Line is here for you. You don’t have to be enrolled in VA benefits or health care to call.

Dial 988 Press 1
Bluecat_Aggie94
AG
My mom grew up in Baytown and all her family stayed in the Houston area. I spent my entire childhood traveling to Houston far more than Dallas. But we lived in West Texas, and that's Cowboys and Rangers territory. So I was big time rooting for the Rangers, but have always rooted for the Astros when they have been there. Nice to have the support of (many) of the Astro's fans in the series!
dermdoc
AG
Aggie Therapist said:

Proposition Joe said:

The fact that you have all this memorized and in this amount of detail is concerning.

Come on man. Take the high road.

Thanks but I am not sensitive. Very revealing posts though. Seems I was correct.

And one truth. My conviction for any pro team is not very high.
Wabs
AG
For those hating on Derm, y'all must not follow Aggie baseball threads. He's one of the quintessential posters for Aggie baseball.
M.C. Swag
AG
OP: "Congrats, I'm happy for you!"

Poster: "What about all these times you weren't?"

OP: "Gosh quit being so sensitive!"

dermdoc
AG
M.C. Swag said:

OP: "Congrats, I'm happy for you!"

Poster: "What about all these times you weren't?"

OP: "Gosh quit being so sensitive!"

As I have stated repeatedly, only do not pull for the Rangers when it affects the Astros. And I have never made personal ad hom attacks. That would be other posters. As I said, very revealing.

Shalom.
Tibbers
dermdoc said:

And their fans.

I will be pulling for y'all in the World Series.

As an Orioles fan, they went through murder's row and came out unscathed. When you beat the Rays, the Orioles and the Astros, you deserve the World Series. To say they are battled tested is an understatement. Go Rangers!
mavsfan4ever
AG
dermdoc said:

Aggie Therapist said:

Proposition Joe said:

Thanks but I am not sensitive. Very revealing posts though. Seems I was correct.

You literally lied and said you did not make a thread that got deleted. It was pointed out that you did, and you just completely ignored that part and continue to say that you "are correct."

I don't know you and don't post on the baseball forum much, so I don't really have a dog in this fight. But I did see the thread after Game 5 that they are referring to, and it was pretty ****ty. So I'm not sure how you (1) can deny that you started that thread, (2) deny that it was ****ty, or (3) act holier than thou after you started that thread.

Perhaps you were black out drunk after Game 5 (wouldn't blame you because it was an awesome game) and don't remember starting the ****ty thread. That's the only way some of your posts make sense.
dermdoc
AG
mavsfan4ever said:

dermdoc said:

Aggie Therapist said:

Proposition Joe said:

You literally lied and said you did not make a thread that got deleted. It was pointed out that you did, and you just completely ignored that part and continue to say that you "are correct."

I don't know you and don't post on the baseball forum much, so I don't really have a dog in this fight. But I did see the thread after Game 5 that they are referring to, and it was pretty ****ty. So I'm not sure how you (1) can deny that you started that thread, (2) deny that it was ****ty, or (3) act holier than thou after you started that thread.

Perhaps you were black out drunk after Game 5 (wouldn't blame you because it was an awesome game) and don't remember starting the ****ty thread. That's the only way some of your posts make sense.

I was not black out but had been drinking. Guilty as charged.

I retracted about the deletion on the baseball forum as I thought he meant the Aggie baseball forum as that is what comes to my mind first.

And that is why I changed my post. Didn't he also claim I had a post pulled on premium? My post there is still up. So is he is liar also?

And I have never called another Ag on here a "chump" or a "clown".

Congrats to the Rangers.
dermdoc
AG
dermdoc said:

That post is from 10/16. And I believe the post you mention was because I called the Ranger fans sensitive, correct?

Never did I post i did not pull for the Rangers baseball team if they were not playing the Astros.

In fact, there are many more posts where I said the same thing as I did in the post above.

And when did I get a premium post banned? I honestly can not remember.
Clown" and "chump" on the same thread? Nice.

Gig 'em and God bless!

Oh, and if I got a post nuked on here it was definitely not about the Rangers baseball team. It was about their fans being sensitive. And once again, they proved my point.

My post about can we play the Rangers every game is still up I do believe.

Here is my post. I do not include the MLB forum. Where is the lie?

And are you going to hold prop joe to the same standard? My post on premium is still up.

Do I have any of y'all's posts memorized? I am not a psych but this is Crazy Joe Dovola stuff.

Have you never talked smack and then congratulated your opponent after the fact?

That is how my friends have always done.
Wabs
AG
So Rangers fans, got a question (won't post on your season thread because I don't want the bans).

Rather play Philly or Arizona? I'm assuming Arizona?
dermdoc
AG
Proposition Joe said:

Aggie Therapist said:

Proposition Joe said:

Interesting.

So here is his post. Are there any lies in there?
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.