Kershaw in the postseason

1,898 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 11 mo ago by FrioAg 00
investorAg83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
How is he this frigging terrible?!?!
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
He is getting crushed!
Double Talkin' Jive...
LawHall88
AG
That was ... something.

I wonder if he may retire. He has basically been a part time player the last couple seasons.
toucan82
Yeah, I'm going to agree with Costas: this is probably Kershaw's worst playoff outing
LawHall88
AG
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
toucan82 said:

Yeah, I'm going to agree with Costas: this is probably Kershaw's worst playoff outing

And he's had some bad ones. Was listening to Dodgers radio (Charlie Steiner) and he said Kershaw has a 4.25 playoff ERA.
Double Talkin' Jive...
investorAg83
AG
I can't think of anyone else in any sport that comes close to this. He's irrefutably an all time great but his postseason stats suggest the EXACT opposite. And it's not like he doesn't have the sample size. It's insane.
bearkatag15
AG

yikes
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
Carlo4
AG
I think we saw Kershaw pitch his last game
94chem
toucan82 said:

To be fair, he did get an out, which lowered his game ERA from infinity to 162.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
94chem
He's only 35, 56 K's short of 3000, and just finished a 13-5 season with a 1.07 WHIP. But his stuff last night wouldn't have made it through an SEC lineup, much less an MLB one. A fastball that topped out at 92, and breaking stuff that looked easy to see out of the hand, with no late break to get any chase swings.

There's a non-baseball reason for what happened last night. I think a great competitor would try to find out what it is and fix it rather than quit.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
94chem
bearkatag15 said:

yikes

That's actually a really good clue that last night's result wasn't physical.
94chem,
Furlock Bones
AG
Kershank
MaxPower
bearkatag15 said:

yikes
Maybe he should go on a bender the night before his next playoff start (if he gets one).
Enzomatic
MaxPower said:

bearkatag15 said:

yikes
Maybe he should go on a bender the night before his next playoff start (if he gets one).

And find a good slump buster.
FrioAg 00
AG
Just to set the record straight on the non-baseball stuff, Clayton is a really good human being. He and his wife are both from great Aggie families and if he wasn't a top 7 overall pick out of HS, he'd have likely pitched for us.

He gives an incredible amount of money and time to charitable causes.

It's fair to criticize what has been some big losses post season for his entire career, and this last start was a nightmare. I just wanted to remind us that he's a down home Texas kid who has done pretty well for himself.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.