Savannah Bananas coming to Houston

9,872 Views | 84 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by Breggy Popup
Bullpen Chias
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Site crashes when I try to sign up for ticket lottery
Cromagnum
AG
Wife got us signed up for lottery. May the odds be forever in everyone's favor.
Ag_07
AG
Thanks for the link guys
Bullpen Chias
AG
Ag_07 said:

Thanks for the link guys

Google hard
https://www.mlb.com/astros/tickets/savannah-bananas
WES2006AG
AG
Is there really so much demand for these tickets that they need to hold a lottery for them. I know these guys are fun but didn't think there would be a ton of excess demand.
CampingAg
AG
WES2006AG said:

Is there really so much demand for these tickets that they need to hold a lottery for them. I know these guys are fun but didn't think there would be a ton of excess demand.
Demand is massive. They aren't Dude Perfect level with the kids but they are up there. They sell out everywhere they go. Even two summers ago we were in Savannah on vacation and they were sold out for the entire summer.
Bullpen Chias
AG
WES2006AG said:

The tickets are typically cheap as well. I'd expect them to be in the $25-$40 range. All their road show events to date have been general admission. Curious if they will do that in big league park.

Either way, I would anticipate a sellout and large markup on secondary.
Bullpen Chias
AG
Yeah. They have a larger social following than most every MLB team. About the same as Astros and Rangers combined.
AG
When they played in sugarland last year, tickets sold out pretty much instantly and were impossible to come by.

With this year being in minutemaid with nearly 6x the capacity, I'd kind of be shocked if it sold out. Maybe they're gauging if they will close off the upper decks like they do for the shriners classic.

Bullpen Chias
AG
I'm going to be shocked if it doesn't sell out. They played two games in Durham, NC this summer. 11k capacity both sold out and $25 tickets were fetching $400 on secondary. I think they'll sell 41k with ease honestly.
Ciboag96
Can Angel Hernandez be the umpire?
CampingAg
AG
Ciboag96 said:

Can Angel Hernandez be the umpire?
If Angel was committed to the bit he could go join the Bananas and do skits a la Mark Cuban and that ref on April Fool's Day a long time ago.
Mathguy64
AG
Pretty sure that I saw the Sugarland game had a wait list of 500k. Holding it at MMP it's still going to Taylor Swift level difficult to get a ticket.
aggiecody06
That is accurate. There was a waitlist of over 500k people for the 2 games played this year in Sugarland…..insane
Beat40
It's tons of fun. There is some stuff they could do to make the game part better like announce the things that trigger a cowboy hat dance or whatever, but it's entertaining.

It's essentially one big party. DJ and music constantly being paid. We had a good time when we went with the kids in Sugarland last year.
Post removed:
by user
Sea Speed
AG
Is the lottery still broken for anyone else?
ktownag08
AG
Didn't get a confirmation email so seems broken.
Post removed:
by user
Cromagnum
AG
Bregxit said:

I got a confirmation email, still waiting on the text.

Wife got a confirmation email that said she was already confirmed, but no text. So I don't know what the hell that means.
M-Neezy
AG
I just did the email and text confirm. If you read the small print on the email it says after you click to confirm your email you have to send a text from your number you signed up on. It worked for me if anyone is having any issues might check the text requirement.
Post removed:
by user
spadilly
S
Bregxit said:

M-Neezy said:

I just did the email and text confirm. If you read the small print on the email it says after you click to confirm your email you have to send a text from your number you signed up on. It worked for me if anyone is having any issues might check the text requirement.
Mine said they will send a text via SMS with a link to verify my phone. Still have not received the text.

Same.
Dr. Doctor
AG
I haven't gotten the email...
The Milkman
AG
Bregxit said:

M-Neezy said:

Mine said they will send a text via SMS with a link to verify my phone. Still have not received the text.
It took me like 2 or 3 days to get the text.
n_touch
Bregxit said:

M-Neezy said:

It took a couple of days and even then I did not get a text. I got an email reminder. It said to text "VERIFY email address here" (no quotes) to 858-463-5818. Try that and see if enters you. I got the email shortly after that I was in the lottery.
Sea Speed
AG
I signed up yesterday and still have not received an email
wessimo
AG
Texting worked for me also, thanks!
AustinCountyAg
how many innings do they play? how long are the games?
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
Sea Speed
AG
I've been doing that. If it doesn't come in by COB today I may just use a different email.
Post removed:
by user
Bullpen Chias
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

how many innings do they play? how long are the games?

They open the doors early and do a good job of pregame entertainment. The actual game is two hours. Innings are played match play style. Visitors score a run in top of first and then home team hits a grand slam, inning over, home team up 1 inning to none.
Bullpen Chias
AG
If a team wins first 5 innings, game over.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.