Olin Vs Rangers Beef

2,469 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by ahpetty33
ahpetty33
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
As a fan of the team, Why is Olin so fixated on s***ing on this rangers squad? It is a new leadership regime, and a team that outperformed their preseason expectations by 8+ wins and made the playoffs ahead of schedule. They were #1 in every offensive category, but because they have a very specific Achilles heel that he finds distasteful (bullpen blowing leads), he acts like they are a disgrace and have no backbone? Never mind that they overachieved in every other respect. I welcome any Astros fans to chime in, I'm not gonna sit here and say we didn't piss away the division, but it's just weird how hard he has been on them. He admits to tuning out for a majority of the season so it just seems like he is a casual, and casuals shouldn't have such adamant takes…
Marvin
AG
ahpetty33 said:

As a fan of the team, Why is Olin so fixated on s***ing on this rangers squad? It is a new leadership regime, and a team that outperformed their preseason expectations by 8+ wins and made the playoffs ahead of schedule. They were #1 in every offensive category, but because they have a very specific Achilles heel that he finds distasteful (bullpen blowing leads), he acts like they are a disgrace and have no backbone? Never mind that they overachieved in every other respect. I welcome any Astros fans to chime in, I'm not gonna sit here and say we didn't piss away the division, but it's just weird how hard he has been on them. He admits to tuning out for a majority of the season so it just seems like he is a casual, and casuals shouldn't have such adamant takes…

What did he say... just that the bullpen blows?
Proposition Joe
Olin has some really good takes...

and some incredibly bad ones.

The Kennedy "how you like me now?" article rings a bell.
Ag_07
AG
Carlo4
AG
Who/what is an Olin?
LeagueCityAg
AG
Olin is the same way about the Cowboys. He's just a pessimistic Dallas sports fan.
AggieRob93
AG
As a long time Rangers fan, who cares? It's an opinion piece, and some folks just like to whinge.
Serious Lee
getting old does strange things to you
fullback44
AG
AggieRob93 said:

As a long time Rangers fan, who cares? It's an opinion piece, and some folks just like to whinge.
Yep, it's his opinion and he obviously supports a different team … big deal, there are over 30 other teams he could support, each of them with thousands of their own fans. Thats what's makes sports so much fun, having all the opposing fan bases …. We are ALL homers for our teams … look at us Aggies, we could be a 30 point underdog yet most of us think we will win the game …. And of course when we get opinion pieces about us we have meltdowns on TexAgs …. We never learn to say who cares … but it's TexAgs and that's what we do !
alvtimes
kinda like when espn want me to subscribe and pay to read an article on someones opinion…… no thanks… I have plenty of those on my own
aggiebrad94
AG
Good news doesn't get fans riled up enough to post on message boards and give him attention.

You did exactly as you were programmed to do.
94chem
Anybody watching the Rangers right now knows they are better off having lost the division.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
AgsWin2011
AG
Maybe so. And that the ASStros were below .500 at home. Seems like a chess move. Bet Olin didn't mention that.
Sea Speed
AG
I've always found it odd how much some people care about other men's opinions on sports that they watch simply for entertainment purposes
ahpetty33
AG
Programmed? I've made less than 20 posts in 7 years since creating my TexAgs account. You've posted almost twice a day for 20+ years. Which of us is programmed to go on message boards?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.