Fenway Suggestions

1,084 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by 94chem
ClassOf17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Taking the parents to Fenway in a few weeks and was looking for suggestions of what to do, where to stay, cool bars/restaurants and places to hangout around the ballpark, etc.
stoneca
We went last fall for the first time and loved it.

We stayed at the Hotel Commonwealth (pricey but right next to Fenway with views of the stadium). Took a tour of Fenway which was awesome: got to sit on top of the Green Monster, etc. When walking around outside of Fenway on Lansdowne and Jersey, The Bleacher Bar is the best bar IMO. If it's your first time in Boston, which it was ours, we went around downtown and saw Harvard which was also neat.

Have fun and Gig'em!
ClassOf17
stoneca said:

We went last fall for the first time and loved it.

We stayed at the Hotel Commonwealth (pricey but right next to Fenway with views of the stadium). Took a tour of Fenway which was awesome: got to sit on top of the Green Monster, etc. When walking around outside of Fenway on Lansdowne and Jersey, The Bleacher Bar is the best bar IMO. If it's your first time in Boston, which it was ours, we went around downtown and saw Harvard which was also neat.

Have fun and Gig'em!

Not my first time but I definitely want my parents to get the full 'Fenway' experience.
jetch17
AG
Bleacher bar
Carlo4
AG
Thinking of my parents and my own situation. How mobile are they/age? Boston is a walking town and can be 100 degrees even in September.

Sounds like you have an amazing experience planned, but there is always plan B if you can't walk several miles.

Jet Black
Newberry St has some cool bars and restaurants, or it used too.
94chem
Just remember, Boston is tiny. It's a walkable city. Just park somewhere around the stadium, and find somewhere to eat. Best carrot cake I ever had was somewhere around there.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.