Angel Hernandez loses racial discrimination case, again.

3,303 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 12 mo ago by Carlo4
YokelRidesAgain
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/38196498/appeals-court-rejects-angel-hernandez-lawsuit-vs-mlb

Hernandez is, again, objectively one of the 5 worst umpires in MLB this year. Obviously the reason he isn't behind the plate for Game 7 of the World Series is racism.

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
aggiefan09
AG
Maybe, just be better at your job.
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
Maybe now MLB will terminate him for being a horrible ump. Probably can't because of the union but maybe he can "fail" a drug test or something.
Double Talkin' Jive...
Satellite of Love
aggiefan09 said:

Maybe, just be better at your job.
Whoa now, let's tone down that racist rhetoric language!!!
Quincey P. Morris
AG
He'll try to take this crap to the Supreme Court.
JWinTX
Dude sucks donkey balls at his job, which other umpires of all colors exceed his performance greatly…so naturally, MLB will probably be forced to use him in a WS
Trajan88
AG
Will the EEOC get involved?

Would not be surprised.
Ornithopter
AG
He's a big part of why people want robots calling balls and strikes.
94chem
Why does he have accent marks over the a's in his name? Just to be a PITA when typing his name? Seriously, who's gonna mispronounce Hernandez?
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
agent-maroon
AG
Quote:

Why does he have accent marks over the a's in his name? Just to be a PITA when typing his name? Seriously, who's gonna mispronounce Hernandez?
Yep, pretty much this
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Hernandez is pronounced "in-komp-i-tint as-hol"
Ornithopter
AG
Angel Hernandez just having a day out there

Carlo4
AG
Called strike accuracy of 65%.

Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
It's as if he doesn't even know what a strike is.
Double Talkin' Jive...
fc2112
Ag_07
AG
What an absolute joke.

The batter reactions and the pitcher just continuing to pound the outside are great.
Marvin
AG
Angel Hernandez has an amazing superpower. He can single-handedly bring Astros and Rangers fans into complete agreement.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
YellAg2004
AG
DubFalls said:

Angel Hernandez just having a day out there

That's the kind of zone I would expect to see in LL or beer league slow pitch softball.

Credit to the pitchers for just pounding 6" off the plate so they would get the Maddux special calls.

Lastly, the Nats catcher was doing an excellent job framing those pitches. He had to be laughing his ass off inside, just seeing how far off the plate he could catch one and still get the call.
Slackjaw62
The Washington Nationals also had quite the day. Angel Hernandez gave them 0.9 runs, and they couldn't push the last tenth of a run across.
The Artist Formerly Known as Yokel
CampingAg
AG
I was listening to the Foul Territory podcast with AJ Pierzynski several weeks back when they had Joe West on. I'm probably not remembering all of the details, but basically back in the early 2000s the MLB fired a bunch of umpires without cause, including Cowboy Joe. They filed suit against MLB and won, getting their jobs back as well as a bunch of back pay. Joe never said he was joking when he said this, but he said he had given them 20 of his best years before that incident, and so he decided he was going to give them 20 of his worst years. It would make sense considering how bad he was. I wonder if Angel was involved in that too or if he is also being bad on purpose out of spite for not getting postseason assignments. He's too bad for there not to be something going on.
TarponChaser
What does it take for MLB to fire an umpire for cause?
WoMD
TarponChaser said:

What does it take for MLB to fire an umpire for cause?

Ever met a union worker? You could stab your boss and not be fired. Being bad at your job makes you just a normal employee. Just because he's so much more below average than anyone else doesn't make any difference, just tells you that others have pride in their work, plus he makes everyone else looks better. Sadly he could be a lot worse and still be employed. No way in hell that's enough to fire someone.
bodaciousbood14
AG
Slackjaw62 said:

The Washington Nationals also had quite the day. Angel Hernandez gave them 0.9 runs, and they couldn't push the last tenth of a run across.
This was my first thought as well...well dammit if they couldn't make that tenth of a run up!
Carlo4
AG
Edit fake news. My bad
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.