Stros

3,313 Views | 50 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by AustinAg2K
OriolePete
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TAKE IT TO THE GD MLB OTHER THREAD NOBODY CARES HERE!!!
Hittag1492
AG
OriolePete said:

TAKE IT TO THE GD MLB OTHER THREAD NOBODY CARES HERE!!!

Come on-you care. You know you care. Own it.
WestTexasAg
AG
Still looking up at the Rangers in the standings.
Duck Blind
AG
WestTexasAg said:

Still looking up at the Rangers in the standings.

While Rangers fans look down I45 at 2 WS trophies and 5 pennants.
Infection_Ag11
AG
Not bad for a second place team
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
BassCowboy33
TJM90 said:

LosAngelesAg said:

Was a trashcan involved?

Really ?? That's the best you can do

This is going to be for Astros fans what getting pummeled by Nolan was for Robin Ventura. Thirty years from now, fans from every other team will continue to bang this trash can, pun intended.
@TyWebb
BassCowboy33 said:

TJM90 said:

LosAngelesAg said:

Was a trashcan involved?

This is going to be for Astros fans what getting pummeled by Nolan was for Robin Ventura. Thirty years from now, fans from every other team will continue to bang this trash can, pun intended.

You have to admire the cognitive dissonance involved to convince oneself that a team won because they cheated…when that team:
1) hit better on the road than at home (where the "cheating" occurred);
2) have since won THREE MORE PENNANTS and another World Series; and
3) the years that followed have demonstrated that this was pervasive across the sport.
BassCowboy33
@TyWebb said:

BassCowboy33 said:

TJM90 said:

LosAngelesAg said:

Was a trashcan involved?

You have to admire the cognitive dissonance involved to convince oneself that a team won because they cheated…when that team:
3) the years that followed have demonstrated that this was pervasive across the sport.

Don't blame me. Blame baseball. People still talk about the Black Sox scandal of eleventy thousand years ago.
iloveonescoregames
1/2 Man 1/2 Amazing said:

Saw the Mariners play the Red Sox last week in Seattle, great stadium!

Seattle has elite MLB, NHL, and NFL stadiums. Love safeco. I know it's not possible with the heat, but I wish houston had a umbrella roof like the mariners. Minute Maid is awesome, but one thing that bothers me is that when the roof is closed, the RF sight line is just a big screen, and a concrete wall. What makes Safeco so cool is that even with the roof is closed, it's completely open air, and you're still technically outside. IMO the entire "ballpark" feel is killed when you're inside a fully enclosed venue.
iloveonescoregames
Ag4life80 said:

LosAngelesAg said:

Just asking a question
Not sure. Just like I'm not sure whether Mookie Betts is cheating his ass off this year like he and the Red Sox did in 2018

Cmon man. I know you're just defending your team, and I'm only assuming he's a dodgers fan, so this makes for a easy counter attack, but mookie shouldn't be catching strays like this lol. He's one of the good dudes in baseball. Just an incredible athlete that plays the game the right way that makes an impact every single night. Anyone that's a true baseball fan first - knows this and enjoys watching him do his thing.

He's 5'9, 180 lol. All the PED and Apple Watches in the world wouldn't make someone his size as good as he is unless he possessed incredible natural talent. Seems a bit disingenuous to discredit all his accomplishments and sustained level of elite play and claim it's all because he has "cheated".

Anyways, y'all get back to yalls pissing match. I got no dog in this fight. Personally I like to celebrate the sports great players ( regardless of team) and not slander them just to " gotcha" a fan of an opposing team.
Silent For Too Long
iloveonescoregames said:

Ag4life80 said:

LosAngelesAg said:

Just asking a question
Not sure. Just like I'm not sure whether Mookie Betts is cheating his ass off this year like he and the Red Sox did in 2018

Cmon man. I know you're just defending your team, and I'm only assuming he's a dodgers fan, so this makes for a easy counter attack, but mookie shouldn't be catching strays like this lol. He's one of the good dudes in baseball. Just an incredible athlete that plays the game the right way that makes an impact every single night. Anyone that's a true baseball fan first - knows this and enjoys watching him do his thing.

He's 5'9, 180 lol. All the PED and Apple Watches in the world wouldn't make someone his size as good as he is unless he possessed incredible natural talent. Seems a bit disingenuous to discredit all his accomplishments and sustained level of elite play and claim it's all because he has "cheated".

Anyways, y'all get back to yalls pissing match. I got no dog in this fight. Personally I like to celebrate the sports great players ( regardless of team) and not slander them just to " gotcha" a fan of an opposing team.

That's a great point, and the exact same point could be made for Altuve. He's an amazing player, an amazing guy, and he's one of the few players from 2017 on any team that we can definitively say did NOT cheat.

Yet glue sniffing baseball fans (and writers) still want to unfairly hang that albatross on his neck
07ag
AG
LosAngelesAg said:

Just asking a question
how many guys did you jack off last night? was it 10 or 20?

just asking a question

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Just_asking_questions
https://ts.la/eric59704
kb2001
AG
LosAngelesAg said:

Just asking a question
Do you still beat your wife? Just asking a question
Ag4life80
AG
iloveonescoregames said:

Ag4life80 said:

LosAngelesAg said:

Just asking a question

I like Mookie. I can't stand hypocritical dodger fans. Don't forget, Reddick played for the dodgers in '16. He said they had no room to throw stones.
TAMUworkingAG
@TyWebb said:

BassCowboy33 said:

TJM90 said:

LosAngelesAg said:

Was a trashcan involved?

You can drop the mic on that response, great response!
AustinAg2K
TAMUworkingAG said:

@TyWebb said:

BassCowboy33 said:

TJM90 said:

LosAngelesAg said:

Was a trashcan involved?

You can drop the mic on that response, great response!

There's also this article from 2018 about the Dodgers (and others including the Astros) using their video room to steal signs:

https://www.si.com/.amp/mlb/2018/11/02/surveillance-cameras-sign-stealing-baseball-dodgers-astros

But it's not as big of a deal because the Dodgers lost.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.