Tim Anderson fights. And loses.

2,779 Views | 26 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Keeper of The Spirits
YokelRidesAgain
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So much greatness here.

The Cleveland radio call.

The Ramirez punch despite being horse collared from behind.

And particularly, the umpire immediately transforming into a boxing referee.

DOWN GOES ANDERSON! DOWN GOES ANDERSON!

Slo-mo
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Furlock Bones
AG
That was glorious.
aggiebird02
Damn!
GigEmMortis
AG
Between Robin Ventura and now Tim Anderson, the White Sox don't have a good record in these type of brawls
spadilly
S
Finally a real baseball fight!
Should always be like hockey. Let them go until one goes down. Third man in gets a huge suspension.
KT 90
AG
Have they announced suspensions yet? You know it's coming.
YokelRidesAgain
AG
KT 90 said:

No, don't think the suspension team works on weekends. Ramirez played today.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
n_touch
YokelRidesAgain said:

KT 90 said:

No, don't think the suspension team works on weekends. Ramirez played today.
They are scared to suspend him. See that right hook?
W
AG
it was funny how the second base ump backed away...like they had just touched gloves in the ring
caleblyn
That was crazy. It was like watching Hockey.
agent-maroon
AG
Anderson has a glass jaw. Ramirez didn't even connect with knuckles vs jaw, but rather more like a slap with a closed fist. I would have called BS on the knockout if his hand hadn't clenched up and his arms assuming the "posturing" position. And the jelly legs walking where his teammate (Vaughn, maybe?) literally carried him down into the dugout.

FAFO moment for Anderson lol...
YokelRidesAgain
AG
agent-maroon said:

Anderson has a glass jaw. Ramirez didn't even connect with knuckles vs jaw, but rather more like a slap with a closed fist.
In the vast majority of street fights, the guy who lands the first solid lick is going to win.

Ramirez's actual, literal job is to generate high velocity rotational power, and he's not wearing boxing (or even MMA) gloves. That shot takes down 95% of people who get hit with it. Amusingly, in this case it was Tim Anderson.
agent-maroon
AG
I've been on both sides of a street fight knock out punch. I've watched the video several times and stand by my comments.
YokelRidesAgain
AG
agent-maroon said:

I've been on both sides of a street fight knock out punch. I've watched the video several times and stand by my comments.
How many pro athletes you fought, tho?
agent-maroon
AG
Before or after they made it to the league?
YokelRidesAgain
AG
agent-maroon said:

Before or after they made it to the league?
I don't care who you fought in pre-K.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
if your Anderson, you have to start a fight again with him or quit baseball. if you get knocked out again you have to quit baseball. The most solid punches landed in a bras are often like that, you are being separated maybe still restrained but trying to throw haymakers
YokelRidesAgain
AG
Keeper of The Spirits said:

if your Anderson, you have to start a fight again with him or quit baseball. if you get knocked out again you have to quit baseball.
Baseball is going to quit Tim Anderson before he has to worry about it. He has been one of the worst position players in baseball this year, with Ramirez playing at his usual All-Star level.

Ramirez has far more to lose with any ongoing stupidity.

aggiebird02
agent-maroon said:

A pro athlete knocks out another pro athlete, and you're like, "It was almost a slap. Yeah, I've been a part of worse."

That's funny…
PhatMack19
AG
Anderson is going off on Twitter. He still may be concussed.
agent-maroon
AG
Quote:

A pro athlete knocks out another pro athlete, and you're like, "It was almost a slap. Yeah, I've been a part of worse."

That's funny…
Yeah, it is. But that's not what I'm saying. It appeared to me to be a glancing blow without the knuckles. I've seen a woman take a much harder uppercut full on the jaw lifting her up on her tiptoes and not go down. But the dude that did that wasn't a pro athlete so I guess that doesn't count.

Make no mistake, I wouldn't want any part of anyone on that field...
Ag_07
AG
PhatMack19 said:

Anderson is going off on Twitter. He still may be concussed.

EastSideAg2002
Iowaggie
AG
Yesterday
AG
Such a lucky blow but that's what happens in scraps. Also why you don't stand up and box.
W
AG
another thing that would have made the fight better...

if the White Sox had been wearing their "Southside" jerseys
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
Yesterday said:

Such a lucky blow but that's what happens in scraps. Also why you don't stand up and box.

yeah i agree i've only been in one fight where squared up and threw punches, the better strategy is to get it on the ground
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.