Ohtani debut for Rangers - when?

2,318 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Smeghead4761
chris1515
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Let's say the Rangers make a deadline trade for Ohtani, what game would he make his debut?

Can y'all do that math for me?
Grapesoda2525
chris1515 said:

Let's say the Rangers make a deadline trade for Ohtani, what game would he make his debut?

That's impossible to guess this far out.
gigem1223
chris1515 said:

3/28/2024
rausr
AG
chris1515
AG
The trade deadline is Tuesday August 1.

Rangers have a 3 game series at home against White Sox 8/1-8/3.
So Ohtani "could" make his debut the 2nd which is a Wednesday.
But the 3 game series against the Marlins Fri-Sun (8/4-8/6) would make more sense.

I'd expect a sold out series, and if national TV could "flex" and pick up his debut, why not.

Lake08
ZERO chance this happens. The Rangers aren't giving a division rival top prospects for a rental.
Joe Schillaci 48
AG
He is not going anywhere this year. And what could the Rangers offer that would lure him to DFW? don't say "money" because many teams have that. He wants a ring. LA has the experience in doing that. How frustrating could it be to be stuck with the Angels.

Next year the Dodgers are backing up the truck with $$$$$$$
I hate the Dodgers but I am also a realist.
AgLA06
AG
chris1515 said:

The trade deadline is Tuesday August 1.

Rangers have a 3 game series at home against White Sox 8/1-8/3.
So Ohtani "could" make his debut the 2nd which is a Wednesday.
But the 3 game series against the Marlins Fri-Sun (8/4-8/6) would make more sense.

I'd expect a sold out series, and if national TV could "flex" and pick up his debut, why not.

Smeghead4761
Joe Schillaci 48 said:

He is not going anywhere this year. And what could the Rangers offer that would lure him to DFW? don't say "money" because many teams have that. He wants a ring. LA has the experience in doing that. How frustrating could it be to be stuck with the Angels.

Next year the Dodgers are backing up the truck with $$$$$$$
I hate the Dodgers but I am also a realist.
And the Dodgers will have $$$$ to spend next year, too. Their payroll is around $259m this year. They only have $99m committed for next year.

Now, they'll probably want to re-sign that Kershaw guy, which will cost $$$ (he's getting $20m this year) but Ohtani might be a bigger priority.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.