Not in HOF (yet?)

1,625 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by AgRyan04
AgRyan04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I was looking at the year by year HOF inductions and realized I saw darn near every HOFer whose career started in my lifetime (born in '81).

I got to thinking about who isn't in the HOF but will be. I know I haven't been to games Trout or Kershaw played in.

Here is my list, broken into a few catagories....

Not in because of *
Bonds
McGwire
Sosa
Clemens
Manny
A-Rod
Palmero

Not in because retired but not eligible yet:
Pujols
Ichiro

Not in because still active:
Cabrera
Kershaw
Verlander
Trout
Altuve

Who am I missing
AgRyan04
Scherzer
AgRyan04
Beltre
Dies Irae
I really hope Billy Wagner
dabo man
AG
Yadi Molina retired with Pujols. They'll both be in.
AgRyan04
Good calls

K-Rod?

From the current group of players (???)....

Harper
Ohtani
Acuna Jr.
Judge
Soto
Arenado
Stanton

I don't think any of them will play long enough....but there has to be a group of HOFers from each generation. I think ultimately it'll go the way of the NFL HOF where you just have to be great for a short period of time
W
AG
Freddie Freeman is a future Hall of Famer

Mookie Betts as well
W
AG
possibly Jose Ramirez
alvtimes
Ivan Rodriquez?
AgRyan04
Pudge is in already - he was part of the 2017 class of inductees
bigcat22
AG
A few interesting names to debate off the top of my head:

Joey Votto
Dustin Pedroia
Buster Posey
alvtimes
AgRyan04 said:

Pudge is in already - he was part of the 2017 class of inductees

thanks…. Im an idiot!!! lol
AgBQ-00
AG
Adrian Beltre
Maybe Carlos Beltran
W
AG
bigcat22 said:

A few interesting names to debate off the top of my head:

Joey Votto
Dustin Pedroia
Buster Posey

Votto -- yes, but it will take a while

Pedrioa -- no, hall of very good. Career OPS 90 points higher at Fenway. However northeast media loves him from the WS titles

Posey -- probably yes and will take a while. Just 1,500 career hits and only 1,093 games at catcher. Very low totals. Strangely enough retiring early saved/helped his career slash lines.

by comparison Pudge had 2,844 career hits and 2,427 games at catcher. Molina had 2,184 games behind the plate
94chem
Amazing how similar the careers of Craig Kimbrel, Kenlee Jansen, and Aroldis Chapman have been. Chapman's save numbers are skewed a bit by his 8th inning appearances. For that matter, stack 3 up against Billy Wagner. You can cherry pick, but they're all pretty comparable. The HoF needs some more relievers, that's for sure.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
94chem
Votto is the definition of HOF, given the advanced stats of today. Go look at his video game OBP numbers for 10 years, 2009 - 2018.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
astros4545
AG
94chem said:

Votto is the definition of HOF, given the advanced stats of today. Go look at his video game OBP numbers for 10 years, 2009 - 2018.

And Berkman should be able n the Hall as well

Absolute joke how his balloting went
94chem
Well, if the assignment is to come up with a list of players who were better than Harold Baines, we could be here a while.

As a Rangers fan, l'll start with Juan Gonzalez, Jim Sundberg, and Buddy Bell.
94chem,
W
AG
by the way...if Buster Posey gets in the Hall of Fame...

then Thurman Munson has to as well. Their stats are very similar and Munson was also a league MVP and WS champion.

the knock on Munson has long been that his career was too short, but he has more career hits and games at catcher than Posey
YokelRidesAgain
AG
Active
Greinke

Retired
Joe Mauer
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
AgRyan04
Ok, so since my initial post, I went through all my old ticket stubs and cross referenced them against Baseball Reference's box scores.

The only current HOFers whose careers started after 1980 that I didn't see play was Kirby Puckett.

Two guys I was suprised I didn't see play were Rock Raines and Ozzie Smith. Raines was in the AL by the time I started following baseball. Smith, I have no explaination and am just shocked....they were in the NL Central and I saw a ton of Cards games but he either didn't play in them or they were after he retired.

I know there were some games where I didn't have a ticket stubs - like I am 100% certain I saw Hershiser pitch in 1991 in the Dome (because I have a photograph). l also feel very certain I saw Ryan pitch in '88 but I don't have any proof, but I have a distinct memory of seeing him walking on the turf.

I would venture to say that 90%+ of the MLB games I have ticket stubs for feature at least one HOFer, (primarily because of Biggio and Bagwell).
AgRyan04
Of the other names mentioned on this thread as possible HOFers....

I have seen:
Wagner
Beltre
Yadi
Harper
Betts
Votto
Pedroia
Beltran
Berkman
Mauer

I have not seen:
Scherzer
K-Rod
Ohtani
Acuna Jr
Judge
Stanton
Soto
Arenado
Freeman
Posey
Grienke

I was kinda hoping I had seen Scherzer at Olsen when he was at Mizzou but his freshman and junior years were at Olsen and he did not pitch. I wonder if he was hurt his Jr year that weekend? That almost vaguely rings a bell in my memory.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.