Fenway August games - stay near park or airport?

2,324 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Marvin
Texags84
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Have looked on threads about Fenway Park but have a basic question. Will be meeting 2 adult family members there from Colorado and SA there and really going to see 2 astro games. Given that can't spend $600 per night to be next to park would it be better to stay a little away from field or stay near airport and uber. We will not be renting a car. Thanks, and a few more questions to follow.
AustinCountyAg
why not stay downtown/backbay/ near the common?
Texags84
AG
I'll look into that. Have never been in city and not familiar with logistics. thanks
ClassOf17
No matter where you stay, park is easily accessible by train. Plus it's like $10 a day to go wherever you want.
fc2112
Yeah, stay wherever you like and take the train there.
BCSWguru
does the train run from the airport to the stadium?
07ag
AG
LSCSN said:

silver line 'bus' goes to airport
https://ts.la/eric59704
The Porkchop Express
AG
You gotta stay in the city, the airport is out in the middle of nowhere. The city is expensive AF but it's so walkable and fun.
Feels so good, feelin' good again.
Texags84
AG
Appreciate the input, Looks like I need more research on navigating hotel, flight times and Fenway. Have seen comments about tour and seats so that is not as much a concern.
Oyster DuPree
AG
LSCSN said:

You'd could take the shuttle to the blue line, Airport to Government Center, then Government Center to Kenmore. If you don't mind a walk, Government Center is a 2-ish mile walk to Fenway
The Porkchop Express
AG
My family stayed at the Hilton on Broad Street in the summer of 2021. A lot of green space a couple of blocks away. Fanueuil Hall a couple of blocks north, real nice Irish Pub called Mr. Dooley's next door. Took a great trolley tour of the city. Fenway's about 3 miles away. Probably 25 minutes on the subway
Feels so good, feelin' good again.
gougler08
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

You gotta stay in the city, the airport is out in the middle of nowhere. The city is expensive AF but it's so walkable and fun.
The airport is 7 miles from Fenway...not sure I'd call that the middle of nowhere

That being said, the city is a lot of fun so I'd try to find a cheaper place to stay there and walk around while not at the games
CampingAg
AG
We stayed at the Courtyard Marriott on Tremont just south of the common. Both games took the train to the game and just walked back. Probably a 35 minute walk down Boylston mainly. Not bad and avoided the subway crowds. Stopped at a restaurant that was open late one night.
Decay
AG
I swear I remember catching a train straight from Logan to our hotel... Maybe I'm remembering wrong.

Stay anywhere and take the train to Fenway is correct. Eat some Italian or check out some historical sites.
Texags84
AG
Thanks for all the input!
LV98AG
I was just in Boston and stayed at "The Vibe" hotel. Literally, I could hit Fenway throwing a rock. Epic rock n roll memorabilia and nice staff. They have a trail or park with retro RV's. Too much to explain. Just try to book a room there. Very unique and fun!
Wildmen06
AG
I stayed in the back Bay Area when I went to Boston/Fenway. It was an easy train ride to the park.
Marvin
AG
LV98AG said:

I was just in Boston and stayed at "The Vibe" hotel. Literally, I could hit Fenway throwing a rock. Epic rock n roll memorabilia and nice staff. They have a trail or park with retro RV's. Too much to explain. Just try to book a room there. Very unique and fun!

Did you mean The Verb? Seems like it caters to a younger crowd from the pics- was that your experience?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.