ESPN+ AND fuboTV

1,714 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by htxag09
CoachAg19
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I don't know what happened, as I didn't change or alter my settings or subscriptions in any way. However, all of a sudden, when I go on my AppleTV into the ESPN app to try to watch our baseball games, it tells me that the channel is not part of my TV package.
I had Xfinity for years. Switched over to fuboTV several months ago. Changed those settings in my ESPN app and was having no issues early in the season. Now all of a sudden, I can't watch the games. When I go to my ESPN app or even on the website to try and make sure my TV Provider is listed correctly, it only takes me to an Xfinity login screen...which I no longer have.

Anybody else having this issue or have any ideas how to fix it???
texasaggie2015
AG
I'm not sure if you're referring to the Aggies, Astros or Rangers... but I have ESPN+ and a DirecTV log-in. I can't watch anything on SECN or SECN+ anymore without getting a message that says I'm not authorized. I used to be able to watch no problem.
1836er
AG
On all my devices I occasionally get similar error messages.

If I completely log out of both my TV provider info (DirecTV) and ESPN+ account, close the app, reopen the app, and then log both back in it usually "fixes" the problem.

Unfortunately the ESPN apps on both my mobile devices, computers, and Roku TVs just appears to be finicky about permissions; especially if I haven't logged in on a particular device for a while or if I have logged in on several other devices more recently than the one I'm currently trying to use.

The device that seems the most finicky is my Amazon Fire Tablet. I almost ALWAYS have to completely log in/log out each time I try to stream from the ESPN app on that device... and even then it only works some of the time.
CoachAg19
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

I'm not sure if you're referring to the Aggies, Astros or Rangers... but I have ESPN+ and a DirecTV log-in. I can't watch anything on SECN or SECN+ anymore without getting a message that says I'm not authorized. I used to be able to watch no problem.
I am referring to A&M, and the issue you have is exactly what is happening to me...except it never used to happen until the last few weeks. I've always had access to our games that are on the SECN+ up until the last few weeks.
CoachAg19
AG
1836er said:

On all my devices I occasionally get similar error messages.

If I completely log out of both my TV provider info (DirecTV) and ESPN+ account, close the app, reopen the app, and then log both back in it usually "fixes" the problem.

Unfortunately the ESPN apps on both my mobile devices, computers, and Roku TVs just appears to be finicky about permissions; especially if I haven't logged in on a particular device for a while or if I have logged in on several other devices more recently than the one I'm currently trying to use.

The device that seems the most finicky is my Amazon Fire Tablet. I almost ALWAYS have to completely log in/log out each time I try to stream from the ESPN app on that device... and even then it only works some of the time.
The ESPN app is terrible and has lots of bugs. I tried logging out and back in numerous times yesterday on my AppleTV, my iPad, and even my phone. the AppleTV gave me an error message that the channel was not available on my TV package. Then the iPad, the phone, and even the ESPN website just takes me to an Xfinity login page as if that's the only option.
Marvin
AG
CoachAg19 said:

I don't know what happened, as I didn't change or alter my settings or subscriptions in any way. However, all of a sudden, when I go on my AppleTV into the ESPN app to try to watch our baseball games, it tells me that the channel is not part of my TV package.
I had Xfinity for years. Switched over to fuboTV several months ago. Changed those settings in my ESPN app and was having no issues early in the season. Now all of a sudden, I can't watch the games. When I go to my ESPN app or even on the website to try and make sure my TV Provider is listed correctly, it only takes me to an Xfinity login screen...which I no longer have.

As 1836er said, you have to log out of both accounts and log back in. It infuriates me, but it works.
texasaggie2015
AG
Quote:

except it never used to happen until the last few weeks.
Yep.. it wasn't a problem for me until about three weeks ago.
1836er
AG
Marvin said:

CoachAg19 said:

As 1836er said, you have to log out of both accounts and log back in. It infuriates me, but it works.
On a couple of devices that got real finicky I've even had to completely uninstall/reinstall the ESPN app to get the permissions fixed. If you can't tell I hate the ESPN app... but it is a necessary evil to watch certain Aggie sports.

Edited to more specifically address one of the OP's points:

In regard to your app being hung up on the Xfinity login screen... I've found that sometimes the ESPN app our Roku TVs and my tablet won't give me the option of choosing a provider other than DirecTV when relogging in. It's like the app has remembered my previous settings, sort of, and skips over the selection page right to the login link... which then gets "hung up." That's mainly when I've found uninstalling/reinstalling the app seems to help.
CoachAg19
AG
1836er said:

Marvin said:

CoachAg19 said:

On a couple of devices that got real finicky I've even had to completely uninstall/reinstall the ESPN app to get the permissions fixed. If you can't tell I hate the ESPN app... but it is a necessary evil to watch certain Aggie sports.

Edited to more specifically address one of the OP's points:

In regard to your app being hung up on the Xfinity login screen... I've found that sometimes the ESPN app our Roku TVs and my tablet won't give me the option of choosing a provider other than DirecTV when relogging in. It's like the app has remembered my previous settings, sort of, and skips over the selection page right to the login link... which then gets "hung up." That's mainly when I've found uninstalling/reinstalling the app seems to help.

I will give it a chance with uninstalling and reinstalling the apps. I agree with you though, it's as if the ESPN servers are remembering my previous settings as well, because it even does that to me when I try to adjust it through the actual website on a web browser.
And yes, it is a necessary evil. It's extremely annoying, because I never have any issues with any other streaming app other than ESPN.
htxag09
AG
Sounds like you're not really trying to access ESPN + since you stated A&M games, but for clarification, ESPN + is a standalone additional cost subscription. Access is generally not included with your cable subscription. And purchasing ESPN + will not give you access to ESPN, SEC Network, etc. without a cable subscription.

Between the channel & subscription branding & their app, not sure if anyone has or could do worse in transitioning to streaming than ESPN.

I will say, though, the app on Apple TV is way better than Roku. Still glitchy and gives me minor annoyances, but don't have the login or access issues I have with Roku.
CoachAg19
AG
htxag09 said:

Sounds like you're not really trying to access ESPN + since you stated A&M games, but for clarification, ESPN + is a standalone additional cost subscription. Access is generally not included with your cable subscription. And purchasing ESPN + will not give you access to ESPN, SEC Network, etc. without a cable subscription.

Between the channel & subscription branding & their app, not sure if anyone has or could do worse in transitioning to streaming than ESPN.

I will say, though, the app on Apple TV is way better than Roku. Still glitchy and gives me minor annoyances, but don't have the login or access issues I have with Roku.

I know what ESPN+ is, and that's what I was referring to. I have access to regular ESPN, SEC Network, etc. through my fuboTV subscription. The issue I was having was in the ESPN app through my AppleTV and being able to access ESPN+…which I had never had an issue before.
For the record, as others on this thread suggested, deleting the ESPN app off of the AppleTV completely, reinstalling it, and then logging back in seemed to do the trick for now.
htxag09
AG
99% of A&M baseball games are not on ESPN +.....

They are on SEC Network +....two completely different things

Which is the reason I brought it up.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.