Out of market viewing for Texas Rangers?

3,595 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Yellerjacket
Ag97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Been trying to figure out how to stream the Rangers here in Bryan/College Station without signing back up for Direct TV. All I see is Bally sports and they don't show it being available here. Anyone know how I can watch without DirectTV?

Sorry if this has already been posted/asked but I didn't see a thread on it.

CowtownAg06
AG
Fubo
KT 90
AG
Ag97 said:

Been trying to figure out how to stream the Rangers here in Bryan/College Station without signing back up for Direct TV. All I see is Bally sports and they don't show it being available here. Anyone know how I can watch without DirectTV?

Sorry if this has already been posted/asked but I didn't see a thread on it.

Game is on Fox today, so everyone should be able to tune it today.
LostTexasBoy
AG
I'm in FL and I just used the MLB.tv app/subscription. I canceled a year or so ago. Not sure what the cost is now but it used to be like $125 for the whole season. I also was able to watch whichever broadcast I wanted (whether home or away) or any game in the country.
Proposition Joe
You can basically find MLB.TV for free or for under $40 at a number of places.

But the issue most are having is being in the local market trying to catch local games.

DirecTV and FUBO are your only legitimate options.

For now I am just looking to piggyback on someone's DTV streaming sub.
Proposition Joe
So my attempts at circumventing the rules is not going smoothly. I can play and rewind the Rangers games on DTV Stream, but it disables fast forwarding.
Player To Be Named Later
AG
It's pretty awful living in Denton County and not being able to watch the Rangers on TV without paying for DTV, which I'm not going to do.

I miss sitting down every evening to a baseball game.
Ag97
AG
Yeah, I think I'm going to try and dropping YouTubeTV and trying FUBO. I'll never go back to Directv because of the hassle of having to negotiate with them every 6 to 12 months otherwise they raise your rates to ridiculous prices.

Anyone have any feedback on FUBO, good or bad?
Player To Be Named Later
AG
Looks like they have a 7 day free trial. I may try that starting tonight.

Price looks similar, possibly more channels too
Proposition Joe
We originally moved from FUBO -> Youtube TV during March Madness last year as the compression that FUBO uses for their picture made basketball look downright awful (pixelated). Baseball may not be as bad.

Was happy with YoutubeTV, but will now be dropping it as I've managed to find a local Uverse person to piggyback off of with the BallySportsApp. The app is downright awful (whose idea is it to have fast forward be in half-second increments so you have to go all the way to 128x FF to actually move forward significantly?), but it's served it's purpose thus far.
CowtownAg06
AG
I switched from YTTV to Fubo for baseball. I think the UI on FUBO is not as good as YT (but that may be me getting used to it) and it's not as smooth to jump around. However, it has baseball so it wins. It's close enough that it's definitely worth the switch if you like baseball.
Yellerjacket
Ag97 said:

Yeah, I think I'm going to try and dropping YouTubeTV and trying FUBO. I'll never go back to Directv because of the hassle of having to negotiate with them every 6 to 12 months otherwise they raise your rates to ridiculous prices.

Anyone have any feedback on FUBO, good or bad?
Yeah, I hated DirecTV when I had them.
They do have a streaming service that would have Bally included. No equipment and month to month.
It's more expensive than YouTubeTV and Fubo, though.

Thinking about switching to that since it seems to have all the channels my wife wants in addition to the Rangers.
Yellerjacket
Just realized last night that YouTube TV dumped MLB Network as well. Seems like DirecTV Stream might be best for sports fans (if you have a wife who wants all her stupid channels as well).
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.