AZ Diamondbacks - Chase Field & things to do in Phoenix

1,602 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by wbt5845
chet98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Not MLB related exactly but posting here to see if anyone has insight...

Going to see Elton John play Chase Field in November and will be staying downtown near-ish the stadium. We're planning to go pure Uber / Lift and not rent a car as we'll fly in Fri, concert Sat, then fly out Sun.

Wondering about staying downtown, is it relatively safe? Stuff to do? Restaurants? We're planning to be walking distance to Chase Field so easy to come & go from the concert Saturday night but would Uber around during the day. Any restaurant rec's, things to do Saturday during the day in Phoenix?
DBill
AG
Resident here in Phoenix metro.

They are working to improve the downtown area out here and there are some decent places near Chase field. Snooze is a good breakfast option, the arrogant butcher is a good spot right next to the field. Copper Blues is a little further down but a decent place. Guy Fieri has a spot right next to chase field that has good cocktails etc.

Don't be surprised by going a few streets out of "downtown" and you will be right into tent city, homeless people everywhere. Well I call them zombies.

They are working to improve a lot of the downtown area, but still have a ways to go. It's very underwhelming for a large city honestly.

Better restaurant options can be had in Scottsdale/ Tempe/ Mesa which is an easy Uber ride away, 20-30 minutes.
DBill
AG
Also, November it's great here, should be highs in the 70's or low 80's with chilly evenings. If you are into hiking we have a ton of trails. Same with golf courses.

Any other questions let me know, been here around 5 years now.
chet98
AG
$Bill said:

Also, November it's great here, should be highs in the 70's or low 80's with chilly evenings. If you are into hiking we have a ton of trails. Same with golf courses.

Any other questions let me know, been here around 5 years now.
Appreciate the feedback. I may PM you as we get closer to the date.
chet98
AG
$Bill do you know anything about the Kettle Black? Was looking at reservations at Arrogant Butcher for Saturday night but they looked booked.
wbt5845
AG
When we've gone to Spring Training, we do that desert hike south of downtown, South Mountain. Really nice.

Also fun to go watch the F-35s fly around Luke AFB.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.