Being a professional athlete has its advantages

4,611 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by double aught
TarponChaser
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So former MLB star, Jim Edmonds, convinces his wife to have a three-way with his wife's best friend and she agrees. Shortly thereafter he divorces his wife and just married the ex-wife's best friend and three-way participant.

https://www.outkick.com/jim-edmonds-marries-kortnie-oconnor-his-alleged-3-way-partner-with-ex-wife-meghan-king/?fbclid=IwAR19Z3wE0FNLAj_lTCuv3VbbrB9cl9iGT2dH7Fcucs19DUuTuthYnk2QRkA

Ex on the left, new wife on the right:

Baseball related because Edmonds was a premier defensive CF making insane, highlight reel catches but also hit 393 career home runs (averaged 32 per year) with an OPS of .903 but is not in the Hall of Fame. Is he tainted by the steroid era? Or is does he belong in the "Hall of Very Good?"

I think it could be argued he was the best CF in baseball in the 90's.

Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
this actually just makes me feel bad for him.
Big Al 1992
AG
$86 million career earnings that he now shares with wife number 4 and wives 1,2, and 3.

How do ex ball players run out of money? 4 wives is how.
TarponChaser
Big Al 1992 said:

$86 million career earnings that he now shares with wife number 4 and wives 1,2, and 3.

Wife 1 is dead from cancer several years ago.
DannyDuberstein
AG
He appears to be turning into Lou Ferrigno
AggiEE
Big Al 1992 said:

When you have $86 million, what else would you rather blow that money on?
MosesHallRAB04
AG
Stupid Jim Edmonds. Robbed the hell out of Ausmus in 2004 NCLS costing the Astros a trip to the WS if I remember right. That team had pitching and offense.

halfastros81
AG
He was an Astro killer. Not to the level of Pujols but not that far behind.
12Power
This marriage won't last either.
AgSportsFan89
AG
12Power said:

That's a lead pipe lock right there.
TarponChaser
12Power said:

That is a good point. No need to marry these chicks.
bek.90
AG
Judging only by the pictures, and knowing absolutely nothing about either one, IMO, he downgraded.
DallasAg 94
What does is new wife's best friend look like?!
Know Your Enemy
AG
5/30/08
Wrigley Field

The Cubs are playing the Rockies and had acquired Edmonds, the longtime Cardinal and notorious Cub killer, a couple weeks before. After 3 innings the Cubs are down 7-0 and spirits are low in the CF bleachers. Edmonds starts off 0 for 2 with an error and Cub fans starting getting on him. One fan in particular, who shall remain nameless, was particularly brutal with the mostly family friendly taunts against him. The Cubs start taking out some of the regulars to give them rest basically conceding the game. Then the fun starts. The same fan begins to yell to everyone within earshot between every inning that the Cubs are about to begin their triumphant comeback. Everyone laughs but he keeps making the proclamation louder & louder with encouragement from his drunken friends. In the 6th inning Edmonds hits a 2-run bomb to cut the lead to 9-4. In the 7th he adds a 2-run double as part of a 6 run inning to take the lead. A packed Wrigley Field explodes more & more with cheers with each successive run. The Cubs go on to win and our drunken loudmouth friend from earlier in this story gets the crowd to chant "SIX RUN SEV-ENTH" with the accompanying "clap clap clapclapclap" as they pour out of the stadium onto Sheffield Avenue heading towards Murphy's for celebratory Old Styles. In the postgame interview with game hero Jim Edmonds he says something to the effect that some of the Cubs fans still think he's wearing Cardinals red and I am 1000% sure he is talking about me. Err, I mean the drunken hero that started the big comeback rally.

This is what I think of whenever I hear the name Jim Edmonds.
AgRyan04
Hall of Very Good.

But also a dumbass, which is mutually exclusive. Unlike his wives.
BigD_03
So Paul Harvey would like a word...

This ex wife of Jim Edmonds was married once before her marriage to Edmonds, then met Joe Biden's nephew on a dating app after her divorce from jim. they dated for about 45 minutes, and then were married for a few months before getting it annulled.

And that's... The rest of the story.

double aught
AG
This was a Seinfeld episode.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.