RIP Vin Scully

1,354 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Iowaggie
Aston 91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
67 years as the Dodgers announcer, with the best voice ever to grace a broadcast booth.
https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/34338705/vin-scully-iconic-former-los-angeles-dodgers-broadcaster-dies-age-94
Corporal Punishment
AG
One of the greatest. RIP, Vin.
toucan82
Damn
monarch
S
Sad thing; met him once and was able speak with him. Good man. Voice of Dodger baseball as long as I can remember. Along with Chick Hearn (Lakers) and Dick Enberg (Angels, Rams and UCLA basketball), SoCal was blessed with three of the best play x play announcers ever to perform that function at the same time.
Peace for Ukraine!
walton91
Whenever MLB first started broadcasting games over the internet, I signed up for one reason only, Vin Scully. I never cared a lick about the Dodgers, but I loved listening to Vin call a game.
Nitro Power
AG
Being a Mets fan, I hated west coast trips. Means I didn't get to bed until midnight, but the thing I loved the most was listening to the Dodgers broadcast just to hear Vin Scully. He may be best known as the Dodgers broadcaster, but really he was THE voice of baseball.
When you fall to your knees and ask God for help, don’t forget to fall back on your knees and say ‘thank you’ when He answers.- Steve Torrence
TMACsDaMan

This theme still holds up today! RIP Vin Scully
DallasAg 94
The Porkchop Express
AG
He also called "The Catch" by Dwight Clark.

Feels so good, feelin' good again.
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
As a San Francisco Giants fan, I hate the Los Angeles Dodgers with a passion, but Vin Scully was one of the elite icons sports broadcasting.
McInnis
AG
Think, when Bobby Thompson hit the shot heard around the world in 1951 (THE GIANTS WIN THE PENNANT THE GIANTS WIN THE PENNANT THE GIANTS WIN THE PENNANT), Scully was already in his second year with the Dodgers. I've never heard his call of Thompson's home run but wouldn't that be interesting?

Really one of the most iconic voices in the history of sports broadcasting.
Aston 91
AG
Not sure how I didn't realize that before. I guess I'd just suppressed that painful childhood memory.
Iowaggie
AG
He also had the call on Earl Campbell's memorable Rams run.

ETA: Had to do tweet since NFL blocks all these videos.

He and Bill Russell covered so much of sport history.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.