Baseball and the City Skyline…

3,863 Views | 33 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Bogdonovich
PlaneCrashGuy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
…a match made in heaven
“Not gonna lie...its a little disconcerting to have our minister of positivity be PlaneCrashGuy but Im in"
BCSWguru
Will be there soon. Can't wait.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
I thought about posting this in the trash talk thread, but figured it too vague

(the Arlington city skyline isn't much to write home about)
“Not gonna lie...its a little disconcerting to have our minister of positivity be PlaneCrashGuy but Im in"
DannyDuberstein
AG
Great view, and just on the other side of it, you can get rubbed, tugged, robbed, and shot in the highest crime area in the United States
jah003
S
DannyDuberstein said:

Great view, and just on the other side of it, you can get rubbed, tugged, robbed, and shot in the highest crime area in the United States

vette
AG
Pittsburgh has a great view of the city behind home plate too. Probably my favorite stadium
TXAggie2011
AG
LDA9336 said:

I thought about posting this in the trash talk thread, but figured it too vague

(the Arlington city skyline isn't much to write home about)

I happen to think the uniqueness of Arlington's skyline is noteworthy. Where else in the world can you find a spaceship, oversized barbecue, oversized oil derrick, roller coasters, and a few regular old hotels and office buildings all in one skyline?!
PatAg
AG
The Ballpark was awesome, but Dallas and Fort Worth have both ****ed up by not having either the Cowboys, the Rangers, or FC Dallas have an outdoor stadium near downtown
MAROON
AG
I love everything about St Louis baseball history, but that is one very underwhelming skyline.
What do you boys want for breakfast BBQ ?.....OK Chili.
BCSWguru
is walking form the ballpark to the arch doable? is it safe to do during daylight hours?
TXAggie2011
AG
LSCSN said:

is walking form the ballpark to the arch doable? is it safe to do during daylight hours?

It is about 5 blocks and it is plenty safe during the day
DallasAg 94
DeangeloVickers
AG
TXAggie2011 said:

LSCSN said:

I feel safe there at night too during an event. Fun area...lots of good history too
BCSWguru
DeangeloVickers said:

TXAggie2011 said:

LSCSN said:

I feel safe there at night too during an event. Fun area...lots of good history too

Good to hear. Gonna try and catch both games of a DH there in a couple of weeks, with an arch trip in between. Going without a bag or vehicle, should be fun.
DeangeloVickers
AG
Lots of good museums if you enjoy that, but the old courthouse is a must. Fantastic
cajunaggie08
AG
I went on a bachelor party trip to STL that involved going to a cardinals game and we wandered all around downtown during the day and it felt very safe.
BCSWguru
I appreciate the feedback. Going to try my luck from ballpark to airport via train. So hopefully I don't die.
Big Cat `93
AG
One reason why I've always like going to games at Cameron/Reckling. Nice view of the med center.

Plus, we've beaten Rice pretty much every time I've gone.
BCSWguru

Beautiful place. Don't recommend a noon game in the middle of summer, though.
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
Going to St Louis this weekend with my daughter to watch Cards/Reds. I've been to Busch once before and am looking forward to going again.
AustinCountyAg
Headed to yankee stadium tomm
K Bo
AG
Best city skyline I've experienced in person thus far:

BCSWguru
Agreed

Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
102 degrees today in the sun at Busch. Hotter than hell but had a great time. I told my 12 year old that this is what Rangers games were like for years. I like the A/C at Globe Life but baseball is just better outdoors.
Quito
AG
Target Field last week.

Czechs Out 03
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

Headed to yankee stadium tomm

Odd that both Yankees and Mets stadiums face away from the predominant NY skylines. Just went to both at the end of June.
Prexys Moon
AG
PatAg said:

The Ballpark was awesome, but Dallas and Fort Worth have both ****ed up by not having either the Cowboys, the Rangers, or FC Dallas have an outdoor stadium near downtown

Yes. Imagine new rangers stadium in downtown Dallas.
The Milkman
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

Nothing says beauty like a parking garage.

That hotel... isn't the same "Loew''s Live" that every other ballpark is getting?!

Yeah there's one right next to Citizens Bank I know.

Pittsburgh and San Diego definitely have my favorite views of skylines though. Both beautiful parks with great backdrops
12thMan9
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

All at the same time.
Ronnie '88
Tex82
LSCSN said:

I appreciate the feedback. Going to try my luck from ballpark to airport via train. So hopefully I don't die.
I plan on attempting the same in a few weeks for a night game. Any feedback or advice ?
BCSWguru
Tex82 said:

LSCSN said:

I plan on attempting the same in a few weeks for a night game. Any feedback or advice ?

The train stops right next to the ballpark and right next to the airport. Both places were fine. There was a stop or two in between that were sketchy, but train was also occupied with a lot of other Cards fans and employees. Think the trip was less than 30 minutes. An all day pass was 5 bucks.
YokelRidesAgain
AG
I think this is my best Target Field skyline shot this year.

The most remarkable thing about the park is the tiny plot of land upon which they managed to shoehorn an MLB stadium.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Tex82
LSCSN said:

Tex82 said:

LSCSN said:

The train stops right next to the ballpark and right next to the airport. Both places were fine. There was a stop or two in between that were sketchy, but train was also occupied with a lot of other Cards fans and employees. Think the trip was less than 30 minutes. An all day pass was 5 bucks.

Cool, thanks for the info. Sounds a lot like Chicago a few months ago. It was great to be able to walk from the hotel and take the train to and from Wrigley. The train was full of baseball fans both directions so we never felt unsafe.
Bogdonovich
maybe one of these days I'll have a kid who loves going to baseball parks and we'll do a once a month road trip to visit them all. That would be fun. They look beautiful.

In the meantime:

Work the Saxophone/It's Too Hot to sleep - YouTube
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.