The Sad Death of MLB

5,254 Views | 37 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by bufrilla
BQ2001
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I saw those guys got to meet Judge, kid got a signed new jersey , guy got a signed Springer jersey. Pretty cool of that guy.
Last Rockies game I went to a worker threw a ball up for my 8yo daughter and a dunk Cubs fan in front of me took it. She eventually got shamed into giving it away and it made my daughters game. She talks about it a ton now and wants to know when we are going back. Would have been even nicer if she gave it right away. This guy didn't think for even a second.
whoop1995
AG
ORAggieFan said:

CampingAg said:

Baseball is horrendously broken right now. It's the second week in April. We've had:

-Sky high opening day ticket prices

Uh, if it's that bad prices wouldn't be that high. They are high mostly due to secondary market, which is driven by the high demans.
Everyone wants to be seen on opening day - the dead time for baseball tickets is April (except opening day or two) and maybe weekend but then attendance drops big time for the rest of April through to end of college /Memorial Day weekend - then high school and down let's out and June - august picks up big time.

Come around September the first two weeks are still good but drops off after unless teams are in play off hunt. Again due to school - they need to go back to the 144 games and start spring training in second week of March to second week in April instead of February to late March ending regular season in September with World Series in October instead of November.

They own the summer even though nhl and nba are trying to steal it.
bufrilla
AG
We stopped going to MLB games and now it minor league or college. MiLB/college play the game. Nice MiLB parks , reasonably priced tickets.
Try it, baseball as it should be
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.