***** Official 2022 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

5,283,240 Views | 83072 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Harry Dunne
The Porkchop Express
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Crane can sign King Donkey to 13 years, $390 million and have him here for the parade wearing a drum major outfit with a baton and a whistle leading the charge into 2023!
Feels so good, feelin' good again.
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
agdaddy04 said:

PrestigeWorldwideAg12 said:

Yes.. Wearing a Astros hat.

We still had no idea what was going on with this post. Guessing you're talking about work zoom/teams calls and you're wearing the hat?
Yes sorry. I typed that before coffee kicked in.
JYDog90
AG
Is parking at Toyota Center an option? Heading down there in about 20 mins.
TyHolden
AG
n_touch
email in profile
Farmer1906
AG
BMX Bandit said:

Quote:

IMO Gilbert is already a better option than Chas,

Someone has lost their damn mind.
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
Im not knocking your opinion, but what could you possibly be basing your opinion on to say gilbert is better than Chas?
RO519
AG
Dude woke up this morning and though "you know what this parade is missing; my pontoon boat…"
Hulla Baller
AG
Anyone have any badass pictures from game 6 for a computer background?
AgSportsFan89
AG
Hulla Baller said:

Anyone have any badass pictures from game 6 for a computer background?
Here's a good one.

AgDoc03
AG
n_touch said:

Good morning everyone. Everything is ready to go, email me or pm me for links.

Got my plaque ordered to match one from 2017!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
gambochaman
AG
n_touch said:

email in profile
sent!
EastCoastAgNc
AG
bearkatag15
AG
With how awful Mancini did since being traded, is there any thought that he might want to stay 1 more year for the $10M mutual option? He could increase his next contract value especially if he is the primary 1B here.
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
bearkatag15 said:

With how awful Mancini did since being traded, is there any thought that he might want to stay 1 more year for the $10M mutual option? He could increase his next contract value especially if he is the primary 1B here.
you want more of that?
Kashchei
AG
gambochaman said:

Its legit

I bought mine from there navigating from the main chron website

I could be wrong, but are we sure those are the posters and not just copies of the papers? $10/$30 doesn't seen like a lot for 3 glossy posters. I seem to remember 2017's being a lot more expensive (and not available right away).

Also, it's under "Astros Packages" not "Posters"
Farmer1906
AG
bearkatag15 said:

It's a possibility. But he may also test the waters and sign a 1 year prove it deal for slightly more with someone else.
Farmer1906
AG
https://www.mlb.com/news/predicting-the-2022-23-qualifying-offer-choices?partnerID=web_article-share

I didn't realize Rizzo was eligible for the QO. Could hurt his value on the open market
AggiEE
bearkatag15 said:

Was wondering the same thing, but I'm not sure he's worth 10M at his current level of play the last 4 months
Harry Stone
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

signing degrom would instantly make us the favorites for 2023.
David_Puddy
AG
Dan Shedd said:

I didn't sleep much last night. Got this hat right when the store opened. So proud of this team!

Wait....people still wear masks?
bearkatag15
AG
Ragnar Danneskjoldd said:

bearkatag15 said:

you want more of that?
He's better than the last 3 months showed. Yes I'd be very interested in Mancini
Farmer1906
AG
AggiEE said:

bearkatag15 said:

Was wondering the same thing, but I'm not sure he's worth 10M at his current level of play the last 4 months

He's not. But what are the odds he continues on of his worst stretches in His career for next season?
3 Toed Pete
AG
A little history lesson for those of you too young to have followed the 86 Astros:

You saw how the Phillies were mentally finished after the Alvarez HR (and the insurance run) because they KNEW, WITH NO DOUBT, they were not scoring 3 more runs off of our bullpen. That's how dominant that bullpen was.

The 86 Mets absolutely knew they could not beat Mike Scott in a potential Game 7 and they had to finish in Game 6 or be done and they won it in 16 innings. That's how dominant Scott was that season.

Sure took a long time to exorcise those demons. And many years of Astros fans saying "if only we could have pulled out Game 6...."
tjack16
AG
To me, this title is sweeter than it would have been last year.

2022 was a DOMINANT team all season.

Without a doubt, we can say the 2022 Astros are the best team in franchise history
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
bearkatag15 said:

bearkatag15 said:

you want more of that?
He's better than the last 3 months showed. Yes I'd be very interested in Mancini
You're likely right, but I wouldn't come within 50% of $10M for him for next season. Dude was awful for the astros, hasnt really been very good at all since he came back from cancer.

I'd rather keep Yuli for less.
Frok
AG
RO519 said:

Dude woke up this morning and though "you know what this parade is missing; my pontoon boat…"

Thoughts and prayers to those of you trying the parade.

As much as I love the Astros I think being downtown with that many people could sour my mood from this Astros win.
htxag09
AG
I'm not going this year because of other commitments. But every second of 2017 was glorious
tremble
AG
n_touch said:

email in profile

Done and done!
Farmer1906
AG

bearkatag15 said:

bearkatag15 said:

you want more of that?
You're likely right, but I wouldn't come within 50% of $10M for him for next season. Dude was awful for the astros, hasnt really been very good at all since he came back from cancer.

Yuli was the worst everyday first baseman in the league.

Mancini has been above average the last 2 years. I'd prefer upgrading with a lefty, but Mancini isn't a terrible option.
Gordo14
Frok said:

RO519 said:

As much as I love the Astros I think being downtown with that many people could sour my mood from this Astros win.

The key is to work downtown right along the parade route and get into work before it gets too crazy.
Proudag06
AG
Harry Stone said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

signing degrom would instantly make us the favorites for 2023.

True. And also, not signing him
astros4545
AG

bearkatag15 said:

bearkatag15 said:

you want more of that?

Don't worry then

Mancini will get much more than $10M
RO519
AG
Gordo14 said:

Frok said:

RO519 said:

The key is to work downtown right along the parade route and get into work before it gets too crazy.
Yep. Contract parking and walked over to the office at Pennzoil Place. When the parade is over, I'll go back to my desk, get a little more work down and wait for traffic to die down.
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
astros4545 said:

bearkatag15 said:

bearkatag15 said:

you want more of that?

Don't worry then

Mancini will get much more than $10M
then let someone else who can carry a player that doesnt produce for months
First Page Last Page
Page 2356 of 2374

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.