***** Official 2022 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

5,283,221 Views | 83072 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Harry Dunne
MarathonAg12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sex Panther said:

Get ready for Pena Mania with jerseys and merch

Got a Gallery Furniture Grienke jersey and a 2017 WS Correa Jersey
AustinCountyAg
Let yuli walk. Resign Brantley for cheap and go get Josh Bell to play first.
tjack16
AG
MarathonAg12 said:

Sex Panther said:

Get ready for Pena Mania with jerseys and merch

Got a Gallery Furniture Grienke jersey and a 2017 WS Correa Jersey

Not as bad as my co worker getting a WS gerrit cole jersey during game 7. After I told him he would be gone …
Teddy Perkins
AG

Quote:

They cheated. I'm aware. We're all aware. From now until the end of time, there will be discussions about the punishment, the investigation, and the overall legacy of the Houston Astros. I understand that there will be people who simply can't get over the trash can stuff. But the reality is every one of those people roots for a team they secretly wish was as good as the Astros.

Last night, Houston completed one of the most dominant baseball seasons of the 21st century, taking care of the Phillies in Game 6 mainly due to Yordan Alvarez's electrifying 6th-inning home run. They finished the year with 117 total wins, the 2nd most by a baseball team in the 21st century (the 2018 Red Sox won 119). They had 5 All-Stars, a future Cy Young winner in Justin Verlander, and a bullpen that put up a 0.83 ERA in 54.1 postseason innings. Yes, you read that right.

There were no trash cans or buzzers. There was no scandal. Even the most cynical, bitter fan in the world must come to terms with the truth. The Houston Astros are better than your team. They're better than every team, and they're not going anywhere. This isn't some aging core that will disperse at the end of the season. They will likely be the favorites to win the American League, if not the World Series, next season. Their number one goal will be to re-sign Justin Verlander, but even if they don't, they'll probably find another flamethrower in their system capable of putting up a sub-3 ERA. It's just what they do.

Just an excerpt, more good stuff at the link.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Love this comment:

"It's just what they do"
MarathonAg12
2 caps
1 beanie
1 hoodie
5 shirts
1 koozie and a sticker

Working in Utah this December so need some cold weather championship merch
bullard21k
AG
With all our tickets on the ball park app

Does anyone know if it's possible to get the physical copies our game tickets for gm 6?
Prosperdick
AG
tjack16 said:

BASEBALL GODS….. make them pay!!

They did!!!
MarathonAg12
Prosperdick said:

tjack16 said:

BASEBALL GODS….. make them pay!!

They did!!!

Go to Africa or South America for that swag baby
MarathonAg12
bullard21k said:

Does anyone know if it's possible to get the physical copies our game tickets for gm 6?

"Only mobile tickets generated from the MLB Ballpark app and StubHub app will be accepted. Copies of barcodes presented through other third-party applications, screenshots or print outs will not be accepted at Minute Maid Park."

Doesn't sound like it. I'm sure someone has found a way to commemorate WS tickets in 2022.
ShotOver
AG
What time is 1st pitch tonight? I can't find it anywhere!
Seabreeze
ShotOver said:

March 30TH TBD.
spadilly
S
tjack16
AG
ShotOver said:

Roof better be open
maca1028
Has anyone been to the team store yet. Been looking for the authentic blue jersey with WS patch. No luck online
agdaddy04
AG
MarathonAg12 said:

bullard21k said:

"Only mobile tickets generated from the MLB Ballpark app and StubHub app will be accepted. Copies of barcodes presented through other third-party applications, screenshots or print outs will not be accepted at Minute Maid Park."

Doesn't sound like it. I'm sure someone has found a way to commemorate WS tickets in 2022.

I know Red Rocks let's you pay extra to get a commemorative ticket and it is shipped after the event. Baseball should look at doing that. Looks like Braves let you buy them after the fact last year.
AustinCountyAg
Mack is a ******* legend. Amazing how a furniture salesman who loves sports and Houston is able to unite and bring together so many people for the common good. When that dude dies they will have to rent out MMP for the funeral.
JCA1
AG
6th inning on MLB right now.
Mathguy64
AG
Several others have said the same thing. I can remember him on Ch 39 with Paul Boesch literally wearing a mattress.

There was a time when you bought from Gallery furniture but you didn't want anyone to know you did. They delivered in unmarked trucks late at night.

My have times changed.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
tjack16 said:

ShotOver said:

Roof better be open
roof is set to "automatic" for the evening.
Farmer1906
AG
tjack16 said:

I'd like a lineup of this

Altuve - 2B
Pena - SS
Alvarez - LF
Bregman - 3B
Tucker - RF
Brantley - DH
McCormick - CF
Rizzo - 1B
Vasquez - C

Rizzo 8th? Lol

I highly doubt Vazquez is back. Maldy is under contract and we have 2 MLB ready prospects. Money would be better spent elsewhere.
Pappy Van Winkle
AG
We went to game one, all they had was the home white jerseys with the WS patch.
Farmer1906
AG
Thanks for sharing but make sure you click the link. We should support good guys like Chris.
agdaddy04
AG
JCA1 said:

Something is about to happen
JohnLA762
AG
JCA1 said:

I'm watching it now. I'm almost as nervous as I was watching it last night. Still feels like a dream!
mwm
It's about to happen again...my heart is pumping ninety-to-nothing.

Bottom 6. One out. Altuve on 3rd. Pena on 1st.
agdaddy04
AG
Just going to say it. I wish when the game was live we could choose to listen to MLBN International rather than fox.
Bulldog73
AG
I really hope we don't choke in that situation
mwm
No worry...same result as last night.
Chrundle the Great
AG
Still can't believe they went to Alvarado there. Whole stadium could feel it was over for them and we were down 1 run.

For all the talk this thread had Friday about 2019, they're the ones that get to go into the offense saying "what if we don't pull X"
OKCAg2002
AG
Yeah. That move is so easy to second guess. I think Peña's single was so big. If he doesn't get on, I think Wheeler pitches to Yordan with 2 outs and may even pitch around him.
agdaddy04
AG
CV driving in Breggy was huge as well. 3 run lead was huge there compared to just a two run lead.
OKCAg2002
AG
It's impossible to answer, but who would Dusty have elected to start a game 7? LMJ or Javier?
agdaddy04
AG
OKCAg2002 said:

It's impossible to answer, but who would Dusty have elected to start a game 7? LMJ or Javier?

Javier
bearkatag15
AG

This team is returning so many pieces
First Page Last Page
Page 2352 of 2374

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.