***** Official 2022 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

5,312,065 Views | 83072 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Harry Dunne
bullard21k
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
tjack16 said:

Instead of celebrating a second championship… we have people digging up posts from when we were down in the series?

Anybody that does this is a complete d bag
Prosperdick
AG
Ragnar Danneskjoldd said:

How does this one rank for yall compared to 2017? I am not nearly as emotional, this one was more based on spite and shutting people up for me. We were clearly the best team, and proved it. 2017 was something I thought would absolutely never happen.
Long answer coming up...

My dad passed away in late November 2017 but he got to finally see the Astros win it all and that will be a memory I always cherish and I think he was looking down tonight happy.

My mom has been baseball crazy her entire life. She grew up in Fort Worth on the same street as Dick Williams and you youngin's might not know it but he was one hell of a manager. He was the skipper for the 1972 and 1973 Oakland A's world champs who the Astros just knocked off with their sub 1.00 ERA (the 1973 A's had a 1.05 ERA). They also were led by a guy named Reggie Jackson who is now an executive assistant with the Astros.

My mom is now 86 but watched the game in Kyle, TX tonight (named after the same Kyle as Kyle Field) and was thrilled with the victory. I can't wait to see her this Thanksgiving to relive it with her. She always keeps a scorecard and her penmanship is impeccable (she will really appreciate Dusty keeping his scorecard till the final out).

One memory that I will always cherish and share with her is we were able to watch Yordan's MLB debut together and I called his homerun a pitch or two before he hit it. The fact that he was the hero this game makes it even more special.

So a long way of saying this one is a notch above 2017.
JB!98
AG
Yordaddy said:

Waited in line for an hour at the Cstat Academy, line was pretty crazy. Worth it to get the girlfriend (from Dallas) her first Astros gear.
Well make sure you give her your "gear" when you get back home! Enjoy!
Bigballin
AG
Aggie8587 said:

Astros 1-7 in their last 8 WS games at MMP. 3-12 overall.

.200 winning % in home WS games ALL-TIME…….
66.7% this year.
BadAggie
AG
HahhhhhhHhhahHaaahhahahahahhha

Aaron Judge blah blah
Dodgers lol

ALL YOUR BASEBALL BELONG TO US
Rule#2
AG
I've always wanted to say this

**** the Yankees
agproducer
AG
Astros baseball, inject that into my veins!

I love this team. I love you guys on this thread. It's been a hell of a season with all of you.

**** Philly. **** the Yankees. **** the Rangers.

WE ARE WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!
LC Wannabe
S
Bigballin said:

LC Wannabe said:

This feels like last year's ALCS.
and another

And what happened in last year's ALCS? We got bombed in games 2 & 3 but came back and won it. So I'm not sure why you are trying to play "gotcha" when I was actually trying to stay positive after getting shelled in game 3. Enjoy the win and quit being an ass.
BCSGrubber
AG
Just wanted to post my thoughts.

1. This is the best community of sports fans. Y'all make it so fun to go through the year and off-season.

2. This is my favorite championship I have experienced. Rockets x2 and 2017. It's going to be dumb but as Pressley said they can say **** now. Michael Jordan didn't sit out the season and this one doesn't have a scandal attached that you have to hear about.

3. My boys will actually remember this playoff run. In 2017 they were, 6 and 2..now they are 11 and 7 and watched almost every pitch they could of the playoffs.

4. The street of downtown are lit. People are car surfing, getting out of cars dancing, honking and high fiving all over the place.

5. The Yordan 3 run bomb was probably the most exciting sports moment I have seen live since the Johnny Manziel to Mike Evans 90+ yard TD pass vs Bama in 2013. The place went bonkers and it felt like the roof was going to blow off.

6. Sparky said something on the radio call that is so true of this team. He quieted Rudy T, "Never underestimate the Heart of a Champion" I can't think of a better way to describe the grit of this team.

7. Finally, who wants to poke the bear next "We want Houston!"
Damascene
AG
bullard21k said:

tjack16 said:

Instead of celebrating a second championship… we have people digging up posts from when we were down in the series?

Anybody that does this is a complete d bag

Flag that goober and let staff take out the trash. Some people just can't help being miserable ****s
Bigballin
AG
LC Wannabe said:

Bigballin said:

LC Wannabe said:

and another

And what happened in last year's ALCS? We got bombed in games 2 & 3 but came back and won it. So I'm not sure why you are trying to play "gotcha" when I was actually trying to stay positive after getting shelled in game 3. Enjoy the win and quit being an ass.
Sorry you doubted
Dirty Mike and the Boys
AG
shhopkins
AG

BadAggie
AG
Pitching and defense wins championships.

(And timely hitting.)
shhopkins
AG

Cromagnum
AG
Ragnar Danneskjoldd said:

How does this one rank for yall compared to 2017? I am not nearly as emotional, this one was more based on spite and shutting people up for me. We were clearly the best team, and proved it. 2017 was something I thought would absolutely never happen.

Not only was it the first championship, we also had to run through all the blue bloods to win that one. Also, don't forget the playoffs that year were a month after Hurricane Harvey destroyed Houston and the city needed a pick me up in the worst kind of way.
Mr.Bond
AG
Just got home from the juice box...... I cried in the stands watching it all unfold. Solidifies the team in history forever.

Love all of yall, this thread through the ups and downs is always there. Enjoy it boys
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

LC Wannabe
S
Bigballin said:

LC Wannabe said:

Bigballin said:

LC Wannabe said:

and another

Sorry you doubted

How is it doubting when I used a series we came back and won as an example? GTFO!
Cromagnum
AG
Dirty Mike and the Boys said:

We all know the real champs we're the ones posting TOFA when the times got tough. Big salute to you gentlemen.

We lost some brothers in the game 4 TOFATHON.
Buck Compton
AG
LC Wannabe said:

Bigballin said:

LC Wannabe said:

Bigballin said:

LC Wannabe said:

and another

Sorry you doubted

How is it doubting when I used a series we came back and won as an example? GTFO!
Just flag the idiot and move on.
Bigballin
AG
Sorry folks, had to do it.

As an avid Astros fan, some of you are insufferable. I agree, playoff baseball is heart wrenching and tiresome. But how some of y'all wrote off this team is absolute bull****.

Yes, I've had some cool pops and enjoying the evening.

Post removed:
by user
bearkatag15
AG
Bigballin said:

As an avid Astros fan, some of you are insufferable. I agree, playoff baseball is heart wrenching and tiresome. But how some of y'all wrote off this team is absolute bull****.

Who are you?
bullard21k
AG
Bigballin said:

You're being insufferable. And clearly very unself aware.

Stop being a Dbag and just enjoy the night
Gramercy Riffs
AG
Bigballin said:

No, you didn't. And you made the thread worse. Go to bed.
BayAg_14
Bigballin said:

You just started posting during the playoffs. You can kindly **** off.
RED AG 98
AG
My 2nd ever Ignored User. On a night we won the whole damned thing.

Enjoy it fellas. What a glorious season. Best sport. Just the best damn sport.
agdaddy04
AG
Man, watching the last play - so exciting to see the emotions of the players. Seeing Mancini throw his glove and get into the thick of the celebrations. Freaking awesome. Times like these I wish I still lived in Houston.
Philip J Fry
AG
Bigballin said:

You didn't have to do anything.
agdaddy04
AG

Damascene
AG
Bigballin said:

Sleep the alcohol off, take some advil in the morning and take a moment while sober to re-evaluate your life and your priorities. You embarrassed yourself tonight and spammed the **** out of an otherwise great thread celebrating an incredible feat by the team we all love.
BadAggie
Boiling Denim
Yordan I apologize I was talking mad **** about you as a coping mechanism but your are my daddy now and always
BadAggie
First Page Last Page
Page 2337 of 2374

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.