***** Official 2022 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

5,314,345 Views | 83072 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Harry Dunne
Ag_07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I love Maldy but you can't argue with the results.

He won't be but I want Vazquez catching tonight.
Wabs
AG
For some reason I feel more comfortable with JV pitching on the road in Philly than I do at MMP.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Beerosch
AG
Ag_07 said:

I love Maldy but you can't argue with the results.

He won't be but I want Vazquez catching tonight.
The only argument for Maldy has been his managing of the pitchers. Verlander's and LMJ's last 2 starts didn't seem well managed. I don't see how you don't even go out for a mound visit to settle things down when LMJ was pitching.
Marvin
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

Astros-Texans Prop Bet Sheet

***** Pick your answers and reply to me before 7 p.m. to be counted. *****

Who has more points/runs at 8 p.m. - Texans or Astros?

Texans

Higher Total: Astros + Phillies combined hits OR Texans first downs

Hits

Higher Total: Phillies runs OR Texans turnovers

Runs

Higher Total: Phillies runs OR Eagles touchdowns

TDs

Higher total: Davis Mills turnovers OR Alex Bregman RBI

TOs

Higher percentage: Texans third-down conversions OR Yuli Gurriel batting average for the game

Yuli

Higher total: Rex Burkhead rushing attempts OR Astros' highest number of runs in 1 inning tonight

Burkhead

Higher total: Texans' plays from scrimmage longer than 50 yards OR Martin Maldonado inside the park home runs

Push

Higher total: Texans' interceptions on defense OR Astros stolen bases

Stolen bases

Higher total: AJ Brown receptions + touchdowns OR Astros team hit total

Brown

Higher total: Eagles defense/special teams takeaways + sacks + D/ST touchdowns OR Astros and Phillies combined run total

Runs

I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
mwm
Don't look now, but the rangers' off-season thread is a month old.
Marvin
AG
Here's a prop bet for you

Texans first downs or Verlander strikeouts
HarryRocket
We should switch bullpens at MMP for the remainder of the year.
HarryRocket
HarryRocket said:

We should switch bullpens at MMP for the remainder of the year.

Mainly because I just want to hear Philly fans cry about it because that's basically Philly, can dish it, cant take it at all.
Panama Red
AG
Marvin said:

Here's a prop bet for you

Texans first downs or Verlander strikeouts
Texans first downs is the winning side.
Marvin
AG
So Staff said we need to police this thread to keep it open. How, exactly? Do any of you have moderator privileges?

Stupid comment. BUT, you guys that are Astro fans know where the line is. Do t cross it! And speaking of socks, imposter accounts just attempting to get our thread locked deserve the old soap-in-a-sock party. Have some self-respect and stay away.
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
If you think about it, its weird that bros invest time in giving other bros on the internet an erection.
Texas A&M
Marvin said:

So Staff said we need to police this thread to keep it open. How, exactly? Do any of you have moderator privileges?

Stupid comment. BUT, you guys that are Astro fans know where the line is. Do t cross it! And speaking of socks, imposter accounts just attempting to get our thread locked deserve the old soap-in-a-sock party. Have some self-respect and stay away.
While I did find last night's thread amusing, with my wife watching the game with me it forced me to view it on my phone and not my laptop.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Marvin said:

Policing the thread means not quoting posts with pictures that cross the line. If you see someone posting something you know is wrong, don't quote it over and over. Better to flag it and/or type staff a note. When it looks (as it clearly did last night) that's it's just a free for all of everyone breaking and encouraging the breaking of the rules, it'll get the thread shut down. If it's 1 person posting inappropriate stuff, we report them and they get banned.

Just to be clear, not saying I would do this, but if there are snipers from Arlington on here tonight, posting some inappropriate male model photos on their off-season thread would be fantastic.
Feels so good, feelin' good again.
Sex Panther
AG
All I do is Nguyen said:

I need a Jeremy Pena jersey like yesterday. No one online has one though

I was at Game 1 and 2 and was searching for them all over. I swear I got the last one in all of Minute Maid on night 2. Felt bad cuz a group of people were searching for it and I randomly found it, but I'm pretty happy I got it. Also we are 2-0 when I wear it so it's coming back out tonight.
astros4545
AG
Ragnar Danneskjoldd said:

If you think about it, its weird that bros invest time in giving other bros on the internet an erection.

The saying Stros /Bros before Hoes has meaning damnit
byfLuger41
AG
Less policing and more Philly HATTTTTTTTTT!!!!
Marvin
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

Marvin said:

Policing the thread means not quoting posts with pictures that cross the line. If you see someone posting something you know is wrong, don't quote it over and over. Better to flag it and/or type staff a note. When it looks (as it clearly did last night) that's it's just a free for all of everyone breaking and encouraging the breaking of the rules, it'll get the thread shut down. If it's 1 person posting inappropriate stuff, we report them and they get banned.

Got it, thanks. As I mentioned last night, I'm with Mrs. Marvin at a Christian men's convention so I tried desperately to scroll past any images. I can see how reposting the images via quote function made it worse.

Still, you guys know what is over the line. I did like the Barbie Benton pics, though- at least there were some of women older than my daughters. That gets creepy real quick. Haha.
Buck Compton
AG
I'm not sure how everyone doesn't have mobile version turned to not auto-load photos. They only load if you click them.
Farmer1906
AG
byfLuger41 said:

Less policing and more Philly HATTTTTTTTTT!!!!
If you say so.

979ag
AG
It this point in time, I could not care less about the Texans. But if they ruin the eagles undefeated season, and if JV shoves tonight….

I'm horny just thinking about the philly tears
Mathguy64
AG
You can/should turn off the auto load feature.

Not that I am posting the full frontal that popped up last night. But generally when I am in a public venue I turn the autoload off.
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
You're all going to horny jail.
aftershock
610 was having Texans season ticket holders transfer their tickets to them and 610 was redistributing. They just sent me 50 yard line club level tickets and a parking pass for free. Rumor has it the stros will be on all TVs in the club level. I'm sure it'll be a light crowd, but I think it'll be a good time!
Ag_07
AG
One thing that'll be interesting tonight will be how the Phillies react to the pressure.

We know they lack the WS experience and we know their defense is suspect.

This is first time this series where I feel like the pressure is all on them. Will they buckle at some point and will we see our guys pounce on the their throat?
FrioAg 00
AG
I actually feel really bad for my fellow Aggies who happen to be Rangers fans. I cannot imagine how much that must suck to watch another in-state team play for 6 straight LCD, 4 WS appearances, and maybe a second ring. Then look at our roster and realize we are actually a lot younger and locked up as a contender a lot longer than anyone else as well.

Stros are just now hitting our stride.
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
FrioAg 00 said:

I actually feel really bad for my fellow Aggies who happen to be Rangers fans. I cannot imagine how much that must suck to watch another in-state team play for 6 straight LCD, 4 WS appearances, and maybe a second ring. Then look at our roster and realize we are actually a lot younger and locked up as a contender a lot longer than anyone else as well.

Stros are just now hitting our stride.
theyre freed up to enjoy another fun aggie football season
Wabs
AG
Ag_07 said:

One thing that'll be interesting tonight will be how the Phillies react to the pressure.

This is first time this series where I feel like the pressure is all on them. Will they buckle at some point and will we see our guys pounce on the their throat?
There's got to be one game when their ****ty defense rears its head. Maybe that's tonight.
EastCoastAgNc
AG

Parody account for the uninitiated
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Castellanos is due for an error or horribly played ball in RF
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Disclaimer appreciated
Jbob04
AG
So do we still get plenty of boobs on here tonight?
Mathguy64
AG
FrioAg 00 said:

I actually feel really bad for my fellow Aggies who happen to be Rangers fans.

I dont. Not one damn bit.

Quote:

I cannot imagine how much that must suck to watch another in-state team play for 6 straight LCD, 4 WS appearances, and maybe a second ring. Then look at our roster and realize we are actually a lot younger and locked up as a contender a lot longer than anyone else as well.

Sucks to be them.
Mathguy64
AG
Wabs said:

Ag_07 said:

There's got to be one game when their ****ty defense rears its head. Maybe that's tonight.
Stott came close twice last night and Bohm almost once. Castellanos is a train wreck but hes getting away with it.
All I do is Nguyen
let's just make sure to have the rally burkas ready to go tonight gentlemen!
No matter what!
Epstein didn't do, you know, the thing...
I'm the rare Astros/Cowboys/Spurs fan. We do exist
First Page Last Page
Page 2150 of 2374

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.