***** Official 2022 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

5,315,174 Views | 83072 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Harry Dunne
tjack16
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
astros4545 said:

tjack16 said:

Very odd that a Rockets regular season game is taking precedence over the Astros World Series on the radio. Astros are moving to 740 while rockets stay on 790 tonight

740 has way further reaching antennas

Ah… didn't know that. I figured It was their backup channel
AggieDub25
I really wish they would move Alex to leadoff, Altuve to 3 and Alvarez to the cleanup spot in front of yuli and Tucker.
All I do is Nguyen
Am convinced deep down in my loins that if we win tonight the series goes back with us up 3-2
aTm2004
AG
JYDog90
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Farmer1906 said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

He gone
He would be dumb not to opt out. If the Astros offer him the most money, he'll be back. That's how freeagency works 95% of the time.
i think we all know he's opting out. My comment is in reference to the fact that he isn't coming back. This is exactly the same type of thing we heard from Correa, Cole, and Springer. I don't see him being here next year. I think the yankees will back up the Brinks truck and give him $45-50M a year.

The Yankees aren't going to do both this and sign Judge.
n_touch
Willy Wonka said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

Farmer1906 said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

He gone
He would be dumb not to opt out. If the Astros offer him the most money, he'll be back. That's how freeagency works 95% of the time.
i think we all know he's opting out. My comment is in reference to the fact that he isn't coming back. This is exactly the same type of thing we heard from Correa, Cole, and Springer. I don't see him being here next year. I think the yankees will back up the Brinks truck and give him $45-50M a year.

The Yankees aren't going to do both this and sign Judge.

They are buying a bunch of powerball tickets and make it work
EastCoastAgNc
AG
I think they will get outbid. If they do sign him, it will be the first time in a long time they sign a big money position player in free agency. For at least the last 10 years, they sign long term deals only with pitchers.
Beau Holder
AG
All I do is Nguyen said:

Am convinced deep down in my loins that if we win tonight the series goes back with us up 3-2

I think so too. The 'if' is just the thing right now.
Ag_07
AG
All I do is Nguyen said:

Yup

Even further...I think whoever wins tonight wins the series.
All I do is Nguyen
rgt99
Just realized I was not wearing my 2017 WS sweatshirt yesterday. I can't believe I did this. Sorry guys for my mistake. Putting it on right now!!! I feel restored in my feelings were going to win!!!
jah003
S
Nothing left to do now but win 3 in a row. Get your mind right. Ain't no room for bad mojo.
Mathguy64
AG
Let's rumble.

Mathguy64
AG
Alec Boehm just said he knew the Phillies would be here back in May. "Just look at all the guys who have been here before".

bearkatag15
AG
Mathguy64 said:

Alec Boehm just said he knew the Phillies would be here back in May. "Just look at all the guys who have been here before".

Outside of Schwarber, who is there? Not Harper, not Marsh, not Nola, not Wheeler…
The Porkchop Express
AG
I just told a Karen at Home Depot that Altuve is 4 ft 11
Feels so good, feelin' good again.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
PrestigeWorldwideAg12 said:

Alright folks, it's getting close to the pregame time. I'm drinking something way different than last night hoping I will help change the script.
think I'm gonna have to visit the sports bar where I watched Saturday's win. Good guys have won every post season game I've watched there.
3B Paul 97
AG
Harry Lime said:

Alright folks, it's getting close to the pregame time. I'm drinking something way different than last night hoping I will help change the script.
think I'm gonna have to visit the sports bar where I watched Saturday's win. Good guys have won every post season game I've watched there.

So the losses are your fault.
bearkatag15
AG
Harry Lime said:

I accidentally wore the same rainbow jersey last night as game 1…. I might have to light that thing on fire
tjack16
AG
Jose still does not have a homerun this postseason. I think that changes tonight
tjack16
AG
Orange jerseys tonight
Jackal99
AG
3B Paul 97 said:

Harry Lime said:

So the losses are your fault.

Many things are his fault.
Rule#2
AG
Dusty Baker ****ing sucks
The Kraken
AG
tjack16 said:

Orange jerseys tonight
Is this the first use of those this postseason?
plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose
agproducer
AG
I'm not sure why they don't wear the orange and tequila sunrise more
Bert315
AG
New World Ag said:

tjack16 said:

Orange jerseys tonight
Is this the first use of those this postseason?

I believe so.
Nino Brown
LFG

AustinAg2K
I've been predicting Altuve and the team have monster games for the past three weeks, so tonight I predict we get shutout again and Altuve goes 0-4 with 4 Ks.
Wabs
AG
jah003 said:

Nothing left to do now but win 3 in a row. Get your mind right. Ain't no room for bad mojo.

I'm ready now.
Beau Holder
AG
Smoltz: "Philly has destroyed the starting pitchers all postseason here"

Yeah nothing weird about that.
Beau Holder
AG
Harry Lime said:

Did the same tonight, went out to Kirby Ice House just because it was the ALCS spot.
AggieDub25
Beau Holder said:

Smoltz: "Philly has destroyed the starting pitchers all postseason here"

Yeah nothing weird about that.

It's like they know what's coming
JohnLA762
AG
Alright guys, I'm back from a 24 hour ban. It's TA's fault we lost last night!

Mathguy64
AG
Ceremonial first pitch TOFA.

Damascene
AG
Never followed baseball free agency closely. What kind of money/contract are we looking at for 39 year old age pitchers after TJ surgery?
First Page Last Page
Page 2075 of 2374

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.