***** Official 2022 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

5,315,051 Views | 83072 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Harry Dunne
tjack16
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I dont think Lance was tipping, he just wasn't mixing pitches effectively. It was all off speed and couldn't locate his sinker. So all they had to do was looking breaking ball. That's probably what Harper told them
Teddy Perkins
AG
Why isn't Chas batting after Yuli? The man has Astro's 3rd highest OPS this postseason.
cmk10
AG
ive got my philly dunks on trying to go w the jinx.
Farmer1906
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Farmer1906 said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

They're all lying. If he has to pitch game 7, why would they admit it? The Astros handled Darvish the same in 2017. He was clearly tipping there.
Then why isn't their evidence on camera?
There were plenty of posts all over showing the difference in his leg kick last night between fastball and offspeed.

But it wasn't when people watched more than 2 clips.
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
Teddy Perkins said:

Why isn't Chas batting after Yuli? The man has Astro's 3rd highest OPS this postseason.
**** you - evan gattis
AggieDub25
I'm not sure I'm convinced Lance was tipping. Most places I've seen compare the Harper and Bohm HR. He was in the stretch with Harper. Pitchers change delivery all the time to protect stolen bases in the stretch. I'd have to go rewatch the game and log pitches. I don't care to ever watch game 3 again.
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
I hope he was tipping. The alternative is worrisome
Big Al 1992
AG
Tie it up tonight 2-2. Then best of 3 with 2 at home. I like our chances.
Cromagnum
AG
Almost gametime.
Farmer1906
AG

KCup17
AG
Hasn't Henley been our only DH to get a hit in a long time this postseason??
Wabs
AG
KCup17 said:

I think so, plus he's had the best overall ABs. Diaz and Mancini have very unproductive ABs.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Wabs said:

KCup17 said:

I think so, plus he's had the best overall ABs. Diaz and Mancini have very unproductive ABs.

Diaz gonna dive on top of a fastball like it's an active grenade tonight.
KCup17
AG
Some captain America type stuff.
EastCoastAgNc
AG

He gone
EastCoastAgNc
AG

"A few mechanical things" = "don't hang offspeed pitches in the heart of the zone"
Farmer1906
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

He gone
He would be dumb not to opt out. If the Astros offer him the most money, he'll be back. That's how freeagency works 95% of the time.
Farmer1906
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

"A few mechanical things" = "don't hang offspeed pitches in the heart of the zone"
What do you think causes pitchers to hand pitches?
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Farmer1906 said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

He gone
He would be dumb not to opt out. If the Astros offer him the most money, he'll be back. That's how freeagency works 95% of the time.
i think we all know he's opting out. My comment is in reference to the fact that he isn't coming back. This is exactly the same type of thing we heard from Correa, Cole, and Springer. I don't see him being here next year. I think the yankees will back up the Brinks truck and give him $45-50M a year.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Farmer1906 said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

What do you think causes pitchers to hand pitches?
For JV, I think it's the added weight of that world series patch on his jersey. That seems to have a pretty consistent effect on him.
Farmer1906
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Farmer1906 said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

He gone
i think we all know he's opting out. My comment is in reference to the fact that he isn't coming back. This is exactly the same type of thing we heard from Correa, Cole, and Springer. I don't see him being here next year. I think the yankees will back up the Brinks truck and give him $45-50M a year.
And what did we offer to Correa, Cole, & Springer? Do you expect guys to take .70 on the dollar?
Farmer1906
AG
I'm glad I can't relate to how miserable you are right now.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Farmer1906 said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

Farmer1906 said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

He gone
And what did we offer to Correa, Cole, & Springer? Do you expect guys to take .70 on the dollar?
Call me crazy, but I don't want him back. The track record of guys after a Cy Young year is not good. Age is going to hit him like a ton of bricks at some point. He's questionable at best in the postseason. Let him go and make his money.
JABQ04
AG
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Out of context Chandler Rome on 790: "Bury me in the P"
htxag09
AG
For as much as you post on this thread, you sure seem to hate every player and coach in an Astros jersey….
EastCoastAgNc
AG
htxag09 said:

For as much as you post on this thread, you sure seem to hate every player and coach in an Astros jersey….

I'm criticizing the result, not the person.
fullback44
AG
JABQ04 said:

Got me !
JABQ04
AG
Same when I first saw it
tjack16
AG
Very odd that a Rockets regular season game is taking precedence over the Astros World Series on the radio. Astros are moving to 740 while rockets stay on 790 tonight
texasaggie2015
AG
tjack16 said:

Very odd that a Rockets regular season game is taking precedence over the Astros World Series on the radio. Astros are moving to 740 while rockets stay on 790 tonight

Not really. KTRH has a much larger range.
astros4545
AG
tjack16 said:

740 has way further reaching antennas
HarryRocket
annie88 said:

Don't get the love for Diaz.

Don't get me wrong, he was fairly solid during the season but I'd rather see someone else there.

Sorry, I agree, I was wtf the lineup because it had Diaz.
AustinAg2K
Despite everything that went wrong last night, just win tonight and all the pressure will be put on the Phillies. They've got to avoid going back to Houston down 3-2. We're still in decent shape, especially if our offense can figure it out and be average.
MosesHallRAB04
AG
Only reason I can think Diaz is in LF because Javier is a fly ball pitcher.
First Page Last Page
Page 2074 of 2374

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.