***** Official 2022 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

5,314,841 Views | 83072 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Harry Dunne
Beau Holder
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://www.mlb.com/news/world-series-game-4-storylines-2022?partnerID=mlbapp-iOS_article-share

You would literally think every other team plays in front of empty seats or a convent based on the consistent tripping over themselves to anoint the Phillies' crowd as something sports have never seen before. It's so strange. I wonder where the talking points came from.
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
Alright folks, it's getting close to the pregame time. I'm drinking something way different than last night hoping I will help change the script.
iamtheglove
the "ignore permanently" button works wonders around this time of the year
bobinator
AG
Man, came to check in here and the whole vibe is off.
texasaggie2015
AG
Thinking about the guy who said Bryce Harper is a "meh" player
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Lets even the series tonight! Yordan and Altuve homer, Tucker steals a bag, and Pressly closes it out.
FrioAg 00
AG
Oh yeah, pile it on baby. Tonight is your night to shine.

Boiling Denim
Beau Holder said:

https://www.mlb.com/news/world-series-game-4-storylines-2022?partnerID=mlbapp-iOS_article-share

You would literally think every other team plays in front of empty seats or a convent based on the consistent tripping over themselves to anoint the Phillies' crowd as something sports have never seen before. It's so strange. I wonder where the talking points came from.
Just like the Fightin' Texas Aggie Band wins every half time the Philly fans have definitely won every game in the stands this postseason. No harm in acknowledging that and something to strive for. Though I don't think that will ever happen as we slip closer and closer to late 90s Braves fan apathy
TaxLawAg
Being loud and acting like trash doesn't equate to being great fans.
JCA1
AG
Beau Holder said:

I think some of this is just the media trying to come up with some talking points in favor of Philly since we were such big favorites.
bobinator
AG
The crowd does seem pretty wild, I think my bit is the "hungry" part I've heard a few times. The Phils won the World Series in 2008 and were in it in 2009, not like 1895. It's not like a generation of Phillies fans has come and gone since they were good or something.
Wabs
AG
If any group of fans that would know that a rabid, loud crowd has little to do with the outcome, it's Aggies.
Ag_07
AG
Crowd goes absolutely bonkers when a HR is hit. No arguing that.

But other than that it doesn't seem louder than any other park during the playoffs.
Farmer1906
AG
bobinator said:

The crowd does seem pretty wild, I think my bit is the "hungry" part I've heard a few times. The Phils won the World Series in 2008 and were in it in 2009, not like 1895. It's not like a generation of Phillies fans has come and gone since they were good or something.
Not only the WS but they haven't been in the postseason since 2011. I remember how loud it go back in 2015. The fans were hungry and got louder than any lately.
bobinator
AG
BuT iT's A fOoTbAlL cRoWd At A bAsEbAlL gAmE
bobinator
AG
Maybe this is a hot take but to be honest the only crowd I've been especially impressed with was the game in Seattle. That seemed like a truly "hungry" crowd that absolutely wanted to explode and had some extra juice. We didn't let them, but from watching on TV it seemed that place had some electricity.
Marvin
AG
bobinator said:

Maybe this is a hot take but to be honest the only crowd I've been especially impressed with was the game in Seattle. That seemed like a truly "hungry" crowd that absolutely wanted to explode and had some extra juice. We didn't let them, but from watching on TV it seemed that place had some electricity.

They were little *****es. Loud, but still little *****es.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
RO519
AG
PrestigeWorldwideAg12 said:

Alright folks, it's getting close to the pregame time. I'm drinking something way different than last night hoping I will help change the script.
Yep! Time to switch to whiskey!
RO519
AG
Time to change the mojo of this thread. First pitch is just a few hours away!!!!

Farmer1906
AG
Astros said Lance wasn't tipping.

Phillies agreed.

You have guys on Jomboy who couldn't find anything.

I'm going to say Phillies we're just locked into the breaking stuff from the left side. Lance left too many pitches over the plate.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Who gives a **** about their crowd.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
They're all lying. If he has to pitch game 7, why would they admit it? The Astros handled Darvish the same in 2017. He was clearly tipping there.
EastCoastAgNc
AG

Hensley gets a hit yesterday, but nah lets not put him back out there. WTF Dusty...
Jet Black
Is Nola going on short rest?
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Jet Black said:

Is Nola going on short rest?
No. Rob's delay allowed him to come back on 4 days for today.
mwm
To get this series back on a level playing field, we need to kick their collective butts tonight as bad as they kicked ours last night. Take no prisoners!
HarryRocket
texasaggie2015 said:

Thinking about the guy who said Bryce Harper is a "meh" player

That's me and he is, if you didn't notice over 50-% of the Phillies went deep last not, so meh-good ish still applies. It's not like he's had some crazy amazing series. Get off his nuts. He's good. Not elite.
HarryRocket
EastCoastAgNc said:

Hensley gets a hit yesterday, but nah lets not put him back out there. WTF Dusty...

Wtf???
BadAggie
AG
Jet Black said:

Win you get shut out, whether it's 7-0 or 2-0, the offense is a problem.

If they were going to have a crap offensive game that was the one.
annie88
AG
Don't get the love for Diaz.

Don't get me wrong, he was fairly solid during the season but I'd rather see someone else there.
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FDEMS TRUMP 2024.
Fight Fight Fight.
Farmer1906
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

They're all lying. If he has to pitch game 7, why would they admit it? The Astros handled Darvish the same in 2017. He was clearly tipping there.
Then why isn't their evidence on camera?
f1ghtintexasaggie
mwm said:

To get this series back on a level playing field, we need to kick their collective butts tonight as bad as they kicked ours last night. Take no prisoners!

Don't care by 1 or 100. Just win.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Farmer1906 said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

There were plenty of posts all over showing the difference in his leg kick last night between fastball and offspeed.
redline248
AG
Farmer1906 said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

ESPN seems to think so

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=34931791

edit: ignore Greeny's jab
Chef Elko
AG
Chas should be leadoff
First Page Last Page
Page 2073 of 2374

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.