***** Official 2022 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

5,315,995 Views | 83072 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Harry Dunne
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
n_touch said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

Way to go Phil. Could have matched up with your brother int he WS.
Falter started (opened) game 4 of the CS. He got lit up like a Christmas tree. Guess they think Nelson is better, but on paper he's as bad and hasn't pitched this postseason.
The Porkchop Express
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Seth Martinez out. Will Smith in.

Feels so good, feelin' good again.
rausr
AG
Will Smith - is that for TV ratings?
Ag_07
AG
Let's not be so quick to assume that.

Dusty has pushed every right button and often gone against what he's done in the regular season.
Farmer1906
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Farmer1906 said:

CFTXAG10 said:

Fair. Ideally, neither see the field.
The problem is if you have a lefty there, Peepaw will trip over the dugout steps to get him in there because he has a lefty fetish regardless of how awful he is.
He was left off the roster until now. Dusty isn't going to use him just to use him. There are scenarios that make sense.
KTAG05
AG
So its a relaxing tool
CoachRTM
AG
Will Smith had WS experience.

It's far more likely he'll be able to handle the emotions of the moment than Martinez.

We're talking about the last spot in the bullpen though, so it *probably* won't matter anyway.
All I do is Nguyen
EastCoastAgNc said:

CFTXAG10 said:

Will Smith shouldn't even warm up this series. Hide his glove. That man is a powderkeg, and he will blow a game if he gets in there.
How is it we can take Montero, who had a 7+ era with the Mariners, turn him into one of the best relievers on the staff but Will smith, who was the Braves closer last year when they won the World Series, is god awful now?

I don't understand it, I was so excited when we traded for him.
bearkatag15
AG
Smith's presence in the bullpen might also keep the Phillies from moving Harper up to bat 2nd behind Schwarber. Their manager was talking about that possibility since we didn't have a lefty in the BP
BMX Bandit
07ag said:

get there after 3pm, find a parking meter street parking, pay ~$3 for parking til 6pm
easier said than done.
texasaggie2015
AG
CoachRTM said:

It's far more likely he'll be able to handle the emotions of the moment than Martinez.

We're talking about the last spot in the bullpen though, so it *probably* won't matter anyway.
Ding ding ding
Premium
AG
BCSGrubber said:

So its a relaxing tool

At least after watching that it isn't as bad as it seemed. Seems like a legit reason to use it. And he isn't as big of an ass as it made him look like.
Gordo14
CoachRTM said:

Also a lot of their best batters are lefties.
n_touch
Premium said:

BCSGrubber said:

So its a relaxing tool

At least after watching that it isn't as bad as it seemed. Seems like a legit reason to use it. And he isn't as big of an ass as it made him look like.
Get used to. Probably gonna start seeing it a lot if helps them relax at the plate. I could not imagine Altuve with one and how fast it would be moving in his mouth while his bat shakes and his feet do the river dance at the plate
GigEmMortis
AG
BCSGrubber said:

So its a relaxing tool

He is also a tool who is currently relaxing, so I guess it makes sense
TarponChaser
Ag_07 said:

Everyone's favorite shooting star has been enjoying the days off.

https://instagr.am/p/CkE-vWaIXBq

I know that spot well and have never once seen talent like that there.
Texaggie7nine
n_touch said:

Premium said:

BCSGrubber said:

So its a relaxing tool

Get used to. Probably gonna start seeing it a lot if helps them relax at the plate. I could not imagine Altuve with one and how fast it would be moving in his mouth while his bat shakes and his feet do the river dance at the plate
Wasn't there a big trend not long ago on custom mouthpieces that set your jaw in a way that made you perform better that were being used by some athletes in pretty much all sports?
7nine
jkag89
All I do is Nguyen said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

CFTXAG10 said:

Will Smith shouldn't even warm up this series. Hide his glove. That man is a powderkeg, and he will blow a game if he gets in there.
How is it we can take Montero, who had a 7+ era with the Mariners, turn him into one of the best relievers on the staff but Will smith, who was the Braves closer last year when they won the World Series, is god awful now?

I don't understand it, I was so excited when we traded for him.
Do I like the move, no. I still think y'all are over reacting to this. Smith's ERA with Houston (3.27) is over a run less than his ERA with Atlanta this season (4.38) and even lower than his ERA when he was their closer in '21 (3.48).
cone
AG
putting Will Smith on this roster is like handing Dusty a loaded gun in the first act

not great, Bob
The Porkchop Express
AG
My level of procrastination right now is equivalent to when they do the Star Wars convention and I know a new movie trailer is coming out.

KTAG05
AG

Well the number support Smith appearing…..
lil99chris
AG
All I do is Nguyen said:

In the words of T.O. "That's my Shortstop"
Jeremy prefers to wear his chain outside his shirt!??!?

Unless there was something Bryce or Jeremy said during the interview session, this is a nothing burger. Bryce and Jeremy have two different personalities. If there was someone similar to Bryce on the Astros, it would be Alex Bregman.

The Phillies PR Staff likely made sure to have Bryce's hardware on display in the postgame interview.
Mathguy64
AG
$64k question.

If Smith was on the DS roster, would Dusty have brought him in before LuAce? Because the pen was emptied of normal relievers before LuAce came in.

And for another $64k, do we still win that game if he does bring Smith in?

I think it's yes and then no.
agproducer
AG
CoachRTM said:

Smith is there to get Schwarber and Harper out. Their stats against lefties are significantly lower than against righties. Harper's OPS against LHP is nearly 300 points lower than against RHP. Smith is a situational arm. Think Tony Sipp when he was good. Lefties are hitting .223 against Smith for his career. In high leverage, all batters are hitting .207 against him.

Add the WS experience.

I'm ok with it.
cone
AG
@RemindMe_OfThis in 9 days
AustinCountyAg
sitting here at my desk watching MLB network and back and forth from baseball podcasts....this waiting sucks. I need a St. Arnolds lawnmower, Hopidillo, or Crawford Bock NOW!!!
AggiEE
It's fine

Will Smith will get mop up bullpen duty when the Astros are leading by 5+ runs
The Porkchop Express
AG
Here's the Astros line-up from the first time Bryce Harper played in Houston as a 19-year-old rookie in April of 2012.

Jordan Schafer
Jed Lowrie
JD Martinez
Carlos Lee
Travis Buck
Chris Johnson
Jason Castro
Jose Altuve
Kyle Weiland

Kyle Weiland, who eventually co-founded the Weiland-Yutani Corporation that created starships, ,computers, and synthetics, pitched 5-2/3rds innings of 10-hit, 6 run baseball. The Astros also got a pinch hit from Eric Anthony 2.0, Justin Maxwell, who IIRC, struck out 973 times that year.

maca1028
Planned on having MLB Network on all day but it's been a Bader love fest all morning with him in studio.
JDUB08AG
AG
Just got game 2 tix. Sorry Ags. LFG!!!!!
Nino Brown
TarponChaser said:

Ag_07 said:

Everyone's favorite shooting star has been enjoying the days off.

https://instagr.am/p/CkE-vWaIXBq

I know that spot well and have never once seen talent like that there.

I grew up right there in the area. This indeed must be photo shopped.
KCup17
AG
FOR THE H!
cone
AG
at this point, it's as if A&M the school no longer exists
tjack16
AG
Ag_07 said:

I'm going Stros in 6

We split here
We win GMs 3 & 4
Finish it here in 6

That's how I see it going as well.

We have the clear advantage in games 3-4.

The key to me is being 2-1 after game 3. We've only done that once before (2017)
Sex Panther
AG
Just got my game one tix… anyone know what time the stadium opens today?
First Page Last Page
Page 1879 of 2374

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.