***** Official 2022 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

5,316,546 Views | 83072 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Harry Dunne
All I do is Nguyen
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Game 1 of the WORLD SERIES!!

After 162 games, 2 playoff series, this is it

Time to leave EVERYTHING on the field and to put all doubters and haters to rest

With JV on the bump, hopefully we won't need her, but we all know Rally Kate has our back

Now there is only one thing left to do

Good luck, have fun, and remember GO ASTROS!!!!!
Funky Winkerbean
AG
All I do is Nguyen said:

Game 1 of the WORLD SERIES!!

After 162 games, 2 playoff series, this is it

Time to leave EVERYTHING on the field and to put all doubters and haters to rest

With JV on the bump, hopefully we won't need her, but we all know Rally Kate has our back

Now there is only one thing left to do

Good luck, have fun, and remember GO ASTROS!!!!!

Jaydoug
AG
Who wants to tell them

SECond2noneAgs
AG
Good morning. Astros in 4!
JohnnyTexAg1995
tjack16 said:

I hate multiple things about that video:
1. Seeing Berkman in a freaking cardinals jersey
2. Joe buck gives perhaps the worst call ever for a series extending walk off home run in extra innings in the World Series ever
3. The cardinals succeeding

But at least it was at the rangers expense haha
cone
AG
BMX Bandit
FrioAg 00 said:

Tonight I talked to someone who would know, and I'm not sure we'll work that very hard for JV to return after this season.

Apparently it wasn't real popular at the highest levels that he never attended in the dugout during his rehab last year, to help mentor the young pitchers.

This really makes no sense.

Verlander or any old pitcher isn't hired to mentor young players. Some do, some dong.

How did our young pitchers do without this mentoring? Seems to have worked out.

Anyone in a position to know the Astros plans is going to keep it close to the vest.

What you heard is someone's guess. Might be an educated guess, but still a guess
n_touch
BMX Bandit said:

FrioAg 00 said:

Tonight I talked to someone who would know, and I'm not sure we'll work that very hard for JV to return after this season.

Apparently it wasn't real popular at the highest levels that he never attended in the dugout during his rehab last year, to help mentor the young pitchers.

Verlander or any old pitcher isn't hired to mentor young players. Some do, some dong.

Anyone in a position to know the Astros plans is going to keep it close to the vest.

What you heard is someone's guess. Might be an educated guess, but still a guess
Cromagnum
AG
Jaydoug said:

Who wants to tell them

BMX Bandit
Was referring to Joe Kelly
texasaggie2015
AG
FrioAg 00 said:

That was a rumor last year before he re-signed. Everything I've heard through my source who is close to the team says the guys love JV and that he's stepped up in a big way from a leadership standpoint this year.
JDUB08AG
AG
JohnnyTexAg1995 said:

tjack16 said:

I hate multiple things about that video:
1. Seeing Berkman in a freaking cardinals jersey
2. Joe buck gives perhaps the worst call ever for a series extending walk off home run in extra innings in the World Series ever
3. The cardinals succeeding

But at least it was at the rangers expense haha

If I were a rangers fan, I would never get over that game. Unquestionably the worst game in that franchise's history. The best part is they blew that game twice!
tjack16
AG
To make it worse it was twice against guys who should not have beaten them. Freese never really played at a high level besides that series and Berkman was on his last stint
Frok
AG
Time to exercise some demons tonight.

Verlander 0-6 in World Series
Astros 0-4 in WS game 1

That break felt like an eternity but hopefully it wore off whatever magic the Phillies harbored during the first few rounds.
wangus12
AG
Have knots in my stomach. Let's ****ing go!!!!
zgood10
All I do is Nguyen
I'm not getting crap done at work today. It's going to be a day filled with great movies like Major League, For Love of the Game, Sandlot, and who knows what else
k20dub
PhatMack19
AG
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Frok said:

Astros 0-4 in WS game 1

That break felt like an eternity but hopefully it wore off whatever magic the Phillies harbored during the first few rounds.

They both end tonight!!!!!!!

LFG
07ag
AG
Frok said:

Astros 0-4 in WS game 1

https://ts.la/eric59704
jkag89
Frok said:

Astros 0-4 in WS game 1

Why would you want fit demons?

Since the game is less than 12 hours away, the quick version will have to do -

FrioAg 00
AG
BMX Bandit said:

FrioAg 00 said:

Well, it was from one of thr minority owners directly, and they were quoting Jim himself, so I thought it was relevant.

And I never said I agreed with it at all. I just thought fellow Ags would appreciate the info.
Prosperdick
AG

if you want to kill 40 minutes since it's almost futile to try to work today check out the apollo podcast with Blummer as the special guest.

Also, at the 12:20 mark Blum freaking nails this team "It's almost a sinister arrogance."

That's perfectly phrased...sinister arrogance, let's ****ing go!!!!
Panama Red
AG
I don't have any insider information, but can confidently say two things:

1-if Verlander does not come back, it will be because of money. It won't be because he was not buddy buddy enough with Seth Martinez.

2-Astros in 5.

LFG!!!!
KTAG05
AG
Panama Red
AG
I don't have any numbers to back this up, but it doesn't seem like striking out looking is an issue for our free swinging right handers
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Dude has some movement on those two seamers but Castillo had an even nastier 2 seamer at 98-100mph and we still got 3 runs on him. We can hit anyone that has an ERA of 5 or lower
Farmer1906
AG
Panama Red said:

I don't have any numbers to back this up, but it doesn't seem like striking out looking is an issue for our free swinging right handers
I assume that is Altuve & Gurriel. They're very good at not K-ing. But we've seen Altuve chase all day long in the DS & CS.

Panama Red
AG
Quote:

But we've seen Altuve chase all day long in the DS & CS.
I know.

The tweet and my post were about the backwards K. That does not seem to be our problem.
maca1028
Bought this in the middle of the '17 WS, ended up splurging and got it signed and framed. I guess I need to add another one this year. Didn't buy one in 19 and 21 and we all know what happened there.
gigemJTH12
AG
Looking forward to the Apollo Hou hype video this morning.

I thought the content of BenOnDaTops video was pretty average. He also just annoys the **** outta me so I am biased I'm sure
Farmer1906
AG
Panama Red said:

Quote:

But we've seen Altuve chase all day long in the DS & CS.
I know.

The tweet and my post were about the backwards K. That does not seem to be our problem.
Nope. Nola is in the zone a lot early. Pena, Altuve, Tucker, & Diaz(?) have a chance to jump on him early.
JohnLA762
AG
The day is finally here! How am I going to get any work done in the home office? That's right, I'm NOT! LFG!

Farmer1906
AG
Harper has walked twice in 46 PA this postseason. One was intentional. I wouldn't be sad if we pitched around him. See if he'll get himself out.
First Page Last Page
Page 1876 of 2374

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.