***** Official 2022 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

5,316,681 Views | 83072 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Harry Dunne
Marvin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Kashchei said:

Can we please just kick major ass this series? I don't want any drama, just a clinical series where we strangle Philly.

From your lips to God's ears.

Speaking of… Mrs. Marvin informed me that, rain or shine, we WOULD be downtown before noon to walk around MMP to lay praying hands on the stadium. Hard to break habits of her 30 years in ministry.

The things I do for you boys…
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
tjack16
AG
Kashchei said:

Can we please just kick major ass this series? I don't want any drama, just a clinical series where we strangle Philly.

After the last 2 WS losses, I dont know if my heart could take it if we get to any point in the series in a deficit. Especially down 3-2

I think winning game 1 for the first time would go a LONG way in this series.
PoppaB05
AG
He went to Taylor
MarathonAg12
LESS THAN 24 HOURS BOYSSSS!!!!!
Mathguy64
AG
In the WC era, the winner of game 1 has won the series 22 of 27 times.

We are 0-4 in game 1's and have 1 series win. That's better than average. Running a little lucky.

Obviously winning tomorrow means a lot. It's bigly.
byfLuger41
AG
I'll be in Crawford tomorrow and Saturday...with my catchers mitt!
ttha_aggie_09
AG
I'm still on the fence about going to game 2. Went last year for game 2 win so maybe I can channel on some good luck?

Either way, LFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
JDUB08AG
AG
I'm feeling remarkably calm. I was a wreck last year. I'm also still feeling to dusty destiny vibes.
bigjag19
AG
Due to delays in shipping, I may be recreating my 2017 Halloween costume Saturday.

I think that's a good sign.
JohnLA762
AG
WS baseball is like a warm hug. It's comforting and familiar, yet makes you anxious and gets the heart pumping. And if we win, it will move a little…

agdaddy04
AG
4 days off has felt like an eternity. I'm sure it has for the teams as well. I think the Astros will respond better than the Phillies.
tjack16
AG

The patches are back

MarathonAg12

Farmer1906
AG

Lance is fired up.
Ag_07
AG
Oh man...Sassy Lance is the best Lance.
Frok
AG
JDUB08AG said:

I'm feeling remarkably calm. I was a wreck last year. I'm also still feeling to dusty destiny vibes.

I'm experienced at watching my team lose a World Series so it doesn't scare me much anymore. We lose oh well, here we go again. We win....wahoo!
EastCoastAgNc
AG

Apparently Philly fans are using this as bullpen board material. Seems pretty tame to me
EastCoastAgNc
AG
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Wabs
AG
Just bought game 6 tix. Also hoping for an Astros sweep or game 5 clinch.
Ags #1
AG
Lol. Those are factual statements. Their players are thinking the same thing
GigEmMortis
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Apparently Philly fans are using this as bullpen board material. Seems pretty tame to me

BREAKING NEWS:

"Astros player hopes to sweep Phillies in upcoming series. He is an ass and no doubt is still cheating because the Lastros don't know how to win without trash cans." - Bill Plaschke's article tomorrow in the LA Times, probably
Farmer1906
AG
Just finishing up Facing Nolan. It may not be the most polished doc out there, but it's damn damn good.
Burn-It
AG
He has won.
AKA 13-0
FrioAg 00
AG
Tonight I talked to someone who would know, and I'm not sure we'll work that very hard for JV to return after this season.

Apparently it wasn't real popular at the highest levels that he never attended in the dugout during his rehab last year, to help mentor the young pitchers.

Mr.Bond
AG
FrioAg 00 said:

Tonight I talked to someone who would know, and I'm not sure we'll work that very hard for JV to return after this season.

Apparently it wasn't real popular at the highest levels that he never attended in the dugout during his rehab last year, to help mentor the young pitchers.

Meh I tend to believe Crane loves JV and crane signs the checks. We will see
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

jg07
AG
FrioAg 00 said:

Then why did they work hard to resign him this year?
Ag_07
AG
FrioAg 00 said:

Not this again
The Porkchop Express
AG
FrioAg 00 said:

Tonight, I did an Internet search that would know, and I was able to narrow down the reason why Justin Verlander never attended in the dugout during his rehab last year to help mentor the young pitchers.

If only Justin had been there last year, we might have made something of ourselves instead of struggling to win the American League pennant again. The residual effects are obvious too. Framber, Luis, and Cristian were hot garbage this year with their pitiful combined record of 43-23, and the staff's utter meltdown in the playoffs, where they had a team ERA Of 2.25 vs a 90-win Seattle team and a 1.50 team ERA vs. the 99-win Yankees could have been avoided.
Feels so good, feelin' good again.
AggiEE
JV will be back with the Astros next year
Faustus
The day is upon us.

LFG!
KTAG05
AG
National media types don't understand sarcasm especially not Tuckers deadpan sarcasm.
Ciboag96
MOTHER******* GAME DAY!!! LET'S GOOOOOO!!!!
screw-tu
I remember one of the games had a 2:00 or so start time. It was a school day and the teacher wheeled a TV in the classroom so we could watch the game. It was a very big deal for Houston. Still the most intense and heart breaking series I've ever seen. And we had em. Not quite the level of hate as for, say, the Yankees or Dodgers. But I want to pay their asses back…really bad.
spadilly
S
GAME. DAY.
First Page Last Page
Page 1875 of 2374

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.