***** Official 2022 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

5,317,331 Views | 83072 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Harry Dunne
Deluxe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Deluxe said:

W said:

it will be interesting to see how hard the Astros or Crane try to keep the band together in the offseason.

JV, Yuli, and Brantley

analytics and/or whatever value formula Click uses...may be telling him to let all three walk
Possibly. My two cents:

JV will be back on a 2/$80 million deal
Brantley on a 1/$6 million deal and play some 1B next year
Yuil will retire
I don't get retirement vibes from Yuli unless he doesn't have any suitors, especially after this great postseason from him.

I think Brantley will be cheaper than before (16 M for multi-years), but I don't think we get that big of a discount.
I kinda got retirement vibes from Yuli when he was in the center of our ALCS celebration on stage. Like everyone let him have the moment cuz it might be one of his last. Who knows though.

Maybe $8-10 million for Brantley? I'd still do it. He's gonna rake post-shifts.
MarathonAg12
The selection in Round Rock Academy is awful.

Someone bout the flip flops so all that's left is license plate holders
ttha_aggie_09
AG
I agree with this. I can see Brantley being on a 1 year $10MM deal with incentives

I think Crane makes a big run at JV again but I would bet the contract is not going to be in our favor... I think we're going to pay more for him than what the numbers say, but I am okay with that.

Not sure what to think about Yuli... he's like 42 if you adjust for the fact he is Cuban.
Farmer1906
AG
Deluxe said:

Farmer1906 said:

Deluxe said:

W said:

it will be interesting to see how hard the Astros or Crane try to keep the band together in the offseason.

JV, Yuli, and Brantley

analytics and/or whatever value formula Click uses...may be telling him to let all three walk
Possibly. My two cents:

JV will be back on a 2/$80 million deal
Brantley on a 1/$6 million deal and play some 1B next year
Yuil will retire
I don't get retirement vibes from Yuli unless he doesn't have any suitors, especially after this great postseason from him.

I think Brantley will be cheaper than before (16 M for multi-years), but I don't think we get that big of a discount.
I kinda got retirement vibes from Yuli when he was in the center of our ALCS celebration on stage. Like everyone let him have the moment cuz it might be one of his last. Who knows though.

Maybe $8-10 million for Brantley? I'd still do it. He's gonna rake post-shifts.

'21-'22 that was an out/error and a LA 15 or below. I see a lot of potential hits.

I would be happy if we went a little lefty crazy to try and get an edge post *****

Brantley or Joc in LF, Lee or Rizzo at first. Those 2 plus Yordan & Tucker. Sexy.
Ag_07
AG
Everyone's favorite shooting star has been enjoying the days off.

https://instagr.am/p/CkE-vWaIXBq
Proudag06
AG
iamtheglove said:

The Porkchop Express said:

We'll want to see him fail, but you have to love Kyle Schwarber for being the guy who finally lost his **** and lit into Angel Hernandez and his BS.

I mean that pitch was only a couple inches off the plate. Imagine how he would react to an Angel special that is a foot off.

That was just the strike that broke the camel's bat (or something like that)
Harry Dunne
Thanks buddy and right back at you. Big fan of your work, particularly that which pisses Farmer off.

I have had some bad takes over the years, so I appreciate you letting me off the hook for those, but like all of you I love the Stros to the limit and enjoy the camaraderie and wide range of perspectives on this thread. Sometimes most of all when I don't agree with them but they change my point of view.
Deluxe
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Brantley or Joc in LF, Lee or Rizzo at first. Those 2 plus Yordan & Tucker. Sexy.
My plan is Brantley at 1B and do what it takes to pry Reynolds (switch hitter) loose from PIT. LuAce, Meyers, Leon, and any pitching prospect not named H Brown.

But if not Reynolds, I'm definitely down to add a lefty OF bat via trade. I think we bring back JV and Urquidy or LuAce is dealt for OF help.
Harry Dunne
Farmer1906 said:

One thing to keep in mind. If the JT trade happens in 2019. You get JT for 2 seasons and he's a FA. I would take 19-20 JT over 19-20 Tucker. But Tucker is gunna be here for 21, 22, 23, 24, and 25.

Does he make the difference in 19? Maybe. He can't make the difference in 21. Who's to say we even make it in 21 without Tucker's .935 OPS and 15 RBI in the DS+CS.
Agree totally, but it's easy to agree with you now the way things have played out.

Harder in 2019 when Tucker was still somewhat of a question mark and Realmuto was the best catcher in baseball in his prime. For the reasons you listed above, I would have been wrong, but I remember at the time I would have been 100% in favor of it.

And in general (I know there are contracts and salaries to consider, but very generally), when you're in the prime of a championship window, I'm always going to be in favor of trading an unproven but possibly generational RF for the best catcher of that generation, currently in his prime. Because if freaking Maldy is a SS candidate, so how can you even put a value on .800 OPS from a catcher?
Farmer1906
AG
You're allowed to have that take on JT. Its not crazy.

We've all had our stinkers. I really wanted Jackie Bradly Jr right before he had one of the worst seasons ever. I think we should have given up on Framber after not showing much in 18 and 19.
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
Deluxe
AG
Farmer1906 said:

We've all had our stinkers. I really wanted Jackie Bradly Jr right before he had one of the worst seasons ever. I think we should have given up on Framber after not showing much in 18 and 19.
IIRC, you also wanted to give up on Ted after 2018. You thought he was a no talent ass clown.
Farmer1906
AG
Deluxe said:

Farmer1906 said:

IIRC, you also wanted to give up on Ted after 2018. You thought he was a no talent ass clown.
Farmer1906
AG
EastCoastAgNc
AG

Astros not giving anything away, I like it
OKCAg2002
AG
Roster released today or tomorrow?
Beau Holder
AG
spadilly said:

Postseason off days…

Last one (til Sunday).
spadilly
S
I was completely confident we would take care of the Mariners and Yankees with no problem. Hadn't had a gut feeling for this series until today. It finally came.

Astros in 6, losing games 1 and 4. We win it here at home.
But, if JV gets the win in game 1, we sweep. How sweet it'll be!
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Farmer1906
AG
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Bregxit said:

Ag_07 said:

Everyone's favorite shooting star has been enjoying the days off.

https://instagr.am/p/CkE-vWaIXBq

Abby is my favorite.

Abby is great but you don't get this kind of quality

https://instagr.am/p/CkBMYLQr752
The Porkchop Express
AG
MarathonAg12 said:

The selection in Round Rock Academy is awful.

Someone bout the flip flops so all that's left is license plate holders

Those Ranger pennants have been there since 2012.
Feels so good, feelin' good again.
Deluxe
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Wonder what he means by "great job with authority"
Wabs
AG
Would like to see this lineup for G1:

Altuve 2B
Pena SS
Yordan LF
Bregman 3B
Tuck RF
Yuli 1B
Chas CF
Hensley DH
Maldy C
Deluxe
AG
If we ditch Click for Stearns, my gut sense is that Dusty will be back for another year and Stearns will hand-pick his guy next offseason. Also, I have no idea.
Deluxe
AG
Wabs said:

Would like to see this lineup for G1:

Altuve 2B
Pena SS
Yordan LF
Bregman 3B
Tuck RF
Yuli 1B
Chas CF
Hensley DH
Maldy C
I don't hate it
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
wait whats happening with ownership? that gammons tweet makes no sense to me.
texasaggie2015
AG
Peter Gammons tends to type like Joe Biden talks
MarathonAg12
Who is ready to win another World Series!
LFG!!!
BMX Bandit
Ragnar Danneskjoldd said:

wait whats happening with ownership? that gammons tweet makes no sense to me.
stearns may be brought in to team to be an executive and also get a stake in the ownership.
Deluxe
AG
Maybe Crane wanted Stearns back in 2020 when Luhnow was fired but Stearns wanted to let the scandal stuff die down for a few years before coming over. So he decided to just hire Click short term and hijack the Rays pitching secrets in the meantime. Checkmate if so.
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

Peter Gammons tends to type like Joe Biden talks
Ive read it like 10 times, but it conveys no meaning.
FrioAg 00
AG
I bought a 40 year old port to celebrate in 2019 after our championship (yes, I'm the one that jinxed us)

It's 43 now and I am more than ready
Harry Dunne
Farmer1906 said:

I'm not even sure it was a bad take yet.

If we win this WS (or any future WS with Tucker on the roster) then of course I wouldn't change a thing. If we don't and I get to take a ride back to 2019 in the DeLorean, I'm making the trade.

Just my opinion, but to me it's about rings and only rings, not who got the better player for longer.
First Page Last Page
Page 1871 of 2374

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.