***** Official 2022 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

5,318,426 Views | 83072 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Harry Dunne
jkag89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Quad Dog said:

Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

DVC2010 said:

Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

lil99chris said:

Deluxe said:

Jet Black said:

Been around the US a bit and Philadelphia is easily one of the trashiest pos cities in the country.

The Liberty Bell is probly the most overrated historical landmark too

So is the Space Shuttle Enterprise, but New York had to have it over Houston. The rest is history.
That was pure politics as a f you to a State that didn't vote for Obama. F you Schumer.

We have a Saturn V. The space shuttle was the golf cart of spacecraft.
Indeed. But that doesn't change the fact that the decision to give that shuttle to New York (which as far as I know had very little if anything to do with its operation) was purely political.

Anyway,

Astros in 5.
Look how badly JSC has and still is treating their Saturn V, and that's probably a good reason we didn't get a Shuttle.
Um, you do know it is no longer exposed to the elements, right? Also who appropriates funds for such?
Quad Dog
AG
KSC: Inside a great looking facility since 1996.
JSC: Outside until 2007, $2.5 mil refurbish, put inside a metal shed that was supposed to be temporary and rebuilt in 2017.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
What are the Phillies going to do with their starting pitchers?

Game 1: Nola
Game 2: Wheeler
Game 3: Suarez
Game 4: Syndergaard/Bullpen?

TarponChaser
redline248 said:

Teddy Perkins said:

Speaking of first base and defense. I love videos like this and just so happens to feature Trey.

I just made my kid watch this

Same here.

Stuff like this might force me to get a Twitter account. I'll just have to very carefully curate it to not be full of insanity.
kegstand
AG
Speaking of Rockets, it was cool seeing Clemens throw out the first pitch against the Yankees as an Astro/Yankee. Too bad we used Oswalt last series too. Who do we think we'll see this weekend?
jkag89
Quad Dog said:

JSC: Outside until 2007, $2.5 mil refurbish, put inside a metal shed.
Both centers are run by the government are they not? Who appropriates funds for such? Now if you can show Florida took it up itself to fund its Center to house its Saturn V then you have a point.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Can we stop talking about the damn space center!!!!

KTAG05
AG
Biggio and Bagwell would be my guess unless they did for ALDS
Teddy Perkins
AG
Who in the Phillie's lineup is going to be the tough out that will battle and drive pitch counts up (a la Rizzo)?
texasaggie2015
AG
kegstand said:

Speaking of Rockets, it was cool seeing Clemens throw out the first pitch against the Yankees as an Astro/Yankee. Too bad we used Oswalt last series too. Who do we think we'll see this weekend?
Eric Bruntlett
DVC2010
AG
I feel a little responsible for the derail, but an off day following two off days and preceding yet another off day is going to be a slow posting day. Nothing relevant has happened since Sunday.
3B Paul 97
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

kegstand said:

Eric Bruntlett

Lidge and Wagner. Let's see if they can still bring it.
jkag89
ttha_aggie_09 said:

Can we stop talking about the damn space center!!!!

That damn space center is why we are fans of the Astros and not the Colt .45s.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
3B Paul 97 said:

texasaggie2015 said:

kegstand said:

Eric Bruntlett

Lidge was on MLB network yesterday, said he's pulling for the Phillies.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
TarponChaser said:

redline248 said:

Teddy Perkins said:

Speaking of first base and defense. I love videos like this and just so happens to feature Trey.

Same here.

Stuff like this might force me to get a Twitter account. I'll just have to very carefully curate it to not be full of insanity.
Coked up ron washington has some great videos that exist of fielding technique as well.
Ag_07
AG
Fck me...we need baseball to start.
JYDog90
AG
TarponChaser said:

redline248 said:

Teddy Perkins said:

Same here.

Let me know how you do that.
Quad Dog
AG
jkag89 said:

Quad Dog said:

JSC: Outside until 2007, $2.5 mil refurbish, put inside a metal shed.
Both centers are run by the government are they not? Who appropriates funds for such? Now if you can show Florida took it up itself to fund its Center to house its Saturn V then you have a point.
The Sapce Centers are Government run. The Visitor Centers are not.

KSC: "NASA Kennedy Space Center and industry provided the additional funds to move and restore the rocket."
https://www.spaceflorida.gov/projects/apollo-saturn-v-center/

JSC: "The Smithsonian, which owns the Saturn V and loans it back to NASA for display, began fundraising in 1999 for the rocket's restoration. Half of the $2.5 million required for preservation of the rocket came from a matching grant from the Save America's Treasures Program operated by the White House, National Park Service and the National Trust for Historic Preservation. The remaining funds were raised through donations from Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Houston Endowment, Halliburton and other organizations"
http://www.collectspace.com/news/news-072007a.html

Space Center Houston certainly has the opportunity to pay for something nice, just like they did for the historic Apollo MOCR: https://spacecenter.org/restoring-apollo-mission-control-center/
Farmer1906
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

3B Paul 97 said:

texasaggie2015 said:

kegstand said:

Eric Bruntlett

Lidge was on MLB network yesterday, said he's pulling for the Phillies.
He was run out of town, then recovered his career, won a title, and even went back to Philly to sign a contract so he could retire as a Phillie.
jkag89
Thanks. Appreciate the info.
Teddy Perkins
AG

Some actual baseball talk for those not interested in the shuttle debate.
McInnis
AG
Speaking of space objects have they ever found the ball that Pujols hit off him?
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Didn't he lead the NL in saves in 2008 or 2009? He never seemed to recover from the Pujols homer here...
Ag4life80
AG
Steve Sparks was on MLB radio this morning and, finally, someone stated what I believe to be a huge deal for the Astros this year. The 6 man rotation has paid huge dividends for this pitching staff. I hope it's a selling point to keep JV, as the results can't be disputed. If he is gunning for 300 wins, his best shot for wins and longevity is Houston.

On another note, what is the Astros record with Pena hitting second, something like 55-10?
TarponChaser
wangus12 said:

htxag09 said:

What's funny to me is I was perusing Phillies social media pages and their fans seem to think everyone hates them and it's them against the world this WS.....

That's because the people from Philly are trashiest ahole fans in all of sports and everyone hates them for it.

True story.

Philly fan booed Santa Claus and cheered when Michael Irvin nearly broke his neck. Pure trash.
tjack16
AG
So for actual baseball talk…

Who gets the game 1 start at DH. Mancini or Diaz? I'd say Trey does
EastCoastAgNc
AG
tjack16 said:

Trey because he has the power to accidentally run into one eventually.
bigjag19
AG
Good god! That's Uncle Mikes music!

A pipe dream but damn
CFTXAG10
AG
Farmer1906
AG
A couple of items were pointed out on Talkin Baseball.

Serious Velo Drop in Wheeler's last start.

Nola got lit up by the Padres in his last start.
Farmer1906
AG
tjack16 said:

Both have sucked vs Nola.
texasaggie2015
AG

My nipples have been blown firmly off my chest
OKCAg2002
AG
I wish Hensley would get a chance.
Pappy Van Winkle
AG
Anyone know where I can find out what all is going on around the ballpark before the game? We are headed in for Game 1. First time ever at a postseason game... much less World Series. The rib and I can hardly contain our excitement. We'd like to pregame around the ballpark but don't know where to find any info. Any advice?
bigjag19
AG
Why is it only Wednesday???
First Page Last Page
Page 1861 of 2374

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.