***** Official 2022 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

5,319,460 Views | 83072 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Harry Dunne
n_touch
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Proudag06 said:

Hope they over pay for Correa and expect them to for Judge. Would hate for them to get JV.
Not getting JV, Crane wont let that happen and he seems to be really happy with his team here.

Correa is going to go, he just needed a year removed from the Astros. I hope it happens because it will highlight the true hypocrisy of the whole cheating scandal when the fans cheer him on, as well as show his true colors when he was "standing up" for his team against the Yankee fans. It was all a farce and continues to be from both sides.

Judge probably stays, although I did appreciate him taking a play from Cole's playbook and wearing a different hat 2 minutes after the game ended. To me, that last at bat was not a superstar at bat. It was the at bat of someone taking in the final moment and not really focused on the at bat.
Cromagnum
AG
tjack16 said:

One of them will be 3/3 after this series

However both of them probably got 2023 wrong

Any year where the Mariners, Orioles, or LOL, The effing Rangers is automatically suspect.
FrioAg 00
AG
And since we own the Yankees, it's sort of like he'd still be an Astro
Panama Red
AG
Quote:

As well as show his true colors when he was "standing up" for his team against the Yankee fans. It was all a farce and continues to be from both sides.
True colors? There is nothing wrong with someone wanting to maximize their income. If Correa goes to Yankees it does not change anything regarding his standing up for the Astros. Unless he starts with the "tainted championship" talk, which isn't going to happen.
Farmer1906
AG
Yankees have 2 guys they like at SS. No reason to break the bank there when they need 1B, OF, 3B, & high end pitching.
Mr.Bond
AG
Lol. Correa in pinstripes would be hilarious

JV ain't leaving the H
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

McInnis
AG
Carlos always kind of wore his emotions on his sleeve, and that's part of why we liked him so much. But how do you think he would handle getting booed out of Yankee Stadium during his first bad slump?
EastCoastAgNc
AG
n_touch said:

Proudag06 said:

Hope they over pay for Correa and expect them to for Judge. Would hate for them to get JV.
Not getting JV, Crane wont let that happen and he seems to be really happy with his team here.

Correa is going to go, he just needed a year removed from the Astros. I hope it happens because it will highlight the true hypocrisy of the whole cheating scandal when the fans cheer him on, as well as show his true colors when he was "standing up" for his team against the Yankee fans. It was all a farce and continues to be from both sides.

Judge probably stays, although I did appreciate him taking a play from Cole's playbook and wearing a different hat 2 minutes after the game ended. To me, that last at bat was not a superstar at bat. It was the at bat of someone taking in the final moment and not really focused on the at bat.
I can't see them going after Correa with all their young shortstop prospect talent coming up. I was watching a video of some Yankee tears and they posed the question "when was the last time the Yankees signed a big name free agent position player (not re-sign or trade for)"...they couldn't come up with anybody in the last 10+ years. They just don't do that. They either trade or call guys up. Their big free agent signings are always pitchers.
n_touch
Panama Red said:

Quote:

As well as show his true colors when he was "standing up" for his team against the Yankee fans. It was all a farce and continues to be from both sides.
True colors? There is nothing wrong with someone wanting to maximize their income. If Correa goes to Yankees it does not change anything regarding his standing up for the Astros. Unless he starts with the "tainted championship" talk, which isn't going to happen.
I am not saying that there is. I am all for him to do whatever he wants. I am just speaking from my opinion., I know if someone was constantly talking about how my accomplishment was tainted and bad mouthing me on regular basis, there is no amount of money that would convince me that I should be in their side.

Also, it is not like if he does not sign with the Yankees that he will be standing in a food line next week.
Beat40
Mr.Bond said:

Lol. Correa in pinstripes would be hilarious

JV ain't leaving the H
JV only stays if he gets paid. That's it.
Farmer1906
AG
n_touch said:

Panama Red said:

Quote:

I am not saying that there is. I am all for him to do whatever he wants. I am just speaking from my opinion., I know if someone was constantly talking about how my accomplishment was tainted and bad mouthing me on regular basis, there is no amount of money that would convince me that I should be in their side.

Also, it is not like if he does not sign with the Yankees that he will be standing in a food line next week.
That is every other fanbase though.
NTAS
sorry, but any CFB talk must be immediately flagged
Jbob04
AG
Please don't bring that bad ju ju over here.
MarathonAg12

The Porkchop Express
AG
Carlos Correa looks like he's following the A-Rod career path, and although it might sound like it, I don't mean that negatively. Make your name with your first team, find the mega contract and get to a massive media city where you can start being versatile and go from rich athlete to rich personality. CC was really good on the TBS desk,there's no doubt he's angling towards media after his career. A-Rod's personality and business sense has made him fairly impervious to the scandals he was involved in. Now he's pushing $350 million in net worth.

The flip side is that Carlos might have boxed himself into a corner by not securing the long-term deal last year and doing this rent-a-team crap with the Twins. It seems illogical that even the Yankees could sign both him and Judge to long-term deals, and Judge has to be their priority if they have their druthers. That narrows his "media darling" choices down to what - the Mets, the Dodgers, and the Angels? Maybe the Red Sox?

Seems unlikely the Sox would jump Bogaerts, he's only 29 and a career .292 hitter, made a bunch of all-star teams, and locked up through 2026.

Mets have LIndor, who had a great season and is locked up through 2031.

Dodgers have Trea Turner who had a huge season but is a free agent coming up.

Angels have whoever Andrew Velazquez is, who was horrific in 2022. .196 average, 15 walks, 119 strikeouts. But if you go to Anaheim, even assuming they can afford you, you are no better than the third-most popular player on the team, infinitely behind Trout and Ohtani. And I know Carlos wants to be THE MAN wherever he goes.

So that really leaves the Yankees. WE all know Boras's rep, but I wonder if Carlos will have him go to NY and say "Make a good offer, and Carlos will sign early, and you take the pressure off yourself with Judge." Judge turned down 7 years, $213.5 million BEFORE the season. That's saying "Nope" to $30 million a year before you hit 62 HR.

Feels so good, feelin' good again.
AustinCountyAg
Farmer1906 said:

Yankees have 2 guys they like at SS. No reason to break the bank there when they need 1B, OF, 3B, & high end pitching.
this....

only way Correa goes to Yanks are if they can convince either him, or Peraza to play 3b. OR they trade Torres and get Peraza to move to 2b.

AND

Judge declines an offer.

No way they sign both Judge and Correa. They have way too many other holes to fill.....But then again NY management seems to be incompetent so who the F knows.
n_touch
Farmer1906 said:

n_touch said:

Panama Red said:

Quote:

That is every other fanbase though.
Yes and no. You still have Judge going around saying that the MVP was stolen that year by Altuve, even when it was proven that he was not using the system. The fan base constantly chanting that at Altuve and the rest of the team.

Most fan bases are over it and moving on. Look at the Twins & Blue Jays. We will be hearing this from the Yankees for 20 more years. They will pass this grudge on to their kids and their grandkids. Carlos can go anywhere and get a ton of money. He will not go broke if he does not sign with Yankees.

Fans are what makes the games, we saw that when there was nothing but cardboard cutouts. It sucked, tremendously. These guys plan for the fans just as much as their paycheck. My point is that if he signs with them, then he is fine with what they have said not only about him, but his friends as well. My definition of loyalty may be different than his, and that is fine.
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
I know its on top of everyone's mind, so Im just going to ask it:

Does Pedro Baez get a world series ring if we win?
Farmer1906
AG
The Astros let him go in late April, after the season started... so yes?

I know it felt like he was stealing from the Astros, but Click and co should have done their homework better.
Panama Red
AG
Quote:

Carlos Correa looks like he's following the A-Rod career path, and although it might sound like it, I don't mean that negatively.
They aren't really similar at all.

A-Rod took the biggest deal ever at the time for a big, but not massive like NY or LA media market.

Correa took a one year deal in a mid-sized market.
Eso si, Que es
tjack16 said:

Was browsing about an hour ago and fanatics accidentally marked down all merchandise by 40% … including new World Series.

got myself the low profile fitted hat for $30 and free shipping.. About 10 minutes later the sale was gone
thanks for letting your "friends" know timely

Jaydoug
AG
Where can I get a custom name Space City jersey?

Thanks.
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
Jaydoug said:

Where can I get a custom name Space City jersey?

Thanks.
toilet store.
Farmer1906
AG
Probably at MMP during the game.
Wabs
AG
I know I'm probably in the minority here, but I wouldn't go crazy and overpay for JV. The Astros are loaded at starting pitching. Would you rather pay JV or put the money into someone like Rizzo?
MarathonAg12
MLBSHOP.COM
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
Wabs said:

I know I'm probably in the minority here, but I wouldn't go crazy and overpay for JV. The Astros are loaded at starting pitching. Would you rather pay JV or put the money into someone like Rizzo?
I guess it depends on what's crazy. If he wants 5 years at $35M, nah. If he will go year to year, yeah $35 is fine.
Harry Stone
AG
guys, the offseason thread will start next Wednesday morning. let's talk WS.
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG

I think there's like an 80% chance correa will be in pinstripes.
Bag
AG
Wabs said:

Reasons you resign JV

* Veteran Leadership
* Keep him away from the Yankees

Basically u pay him because it's the right thing to do a d the intangibles are off the charts
Jbob04
AG
Agree 100%
Prosperdick
AG
Bag said:

Wabs said:

Reasons you resign JV

* Veteran Leadership
* Keep him away from the Yankees

Basically u pay him because it's the right thing to do a d the intangibles are off the charts
He's the closest thing to Nolan Ryan we've had and I'd hate to see him still throwing no no's and breaking records with another team. I think Crane will get it done and he's invaluable in terms of providing leadership and experience, hard to put a price tag on that.
Buck Compton
AG
Ragnar Danneskjoldd said:

I think there's like an 80% chance correa will be in pinstripes.
Setting the fans up for disappointment. I like it.

No way they go out and spend $120 million recurring for those guys. They want them to commit to well over a billion dollars in four players. Diaz will get a stupid deal of 15+, Correa 30-35, JV 35, Judge 40
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
That's what I was thinking. Don't have another Nolan Ryan decision happen for this franchise.
Prosperdick
AG
That said, if he gives us 6 runs in game 1 to the Phillies he's dead to me. JK.
First Page Last Page
Page 1852 of 2374

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.