***** Official 2022 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

5,319,751 Views | 83072 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Harry Dunne
McInnis
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
SIAP but here's Cortes admitting that he didn't leave the game because of an injury. Said he did have a sore groin muscle but he wanted to stay out there and compete but Boone pulled him because he didn't have his best stuff. So the reliever got unlimited warmup. Would this be considered cheating?

https://www.mlb.com/astros/video/nestor-cortes-on-his-game-4-start?t=alcs
wangus12
AG
Jet Black said:

I care more about Aggie Football than Astros baseball. Not even close.

I love Aggie football, but it's easy to tune out this disappointment of a season when my other two favorite teams are playing in a Championship series or leading the league thus far
cone
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

Jet Black said:

I'd trade a second WS title for the A&M football game never winning another game ever.

100% same

I'd trade 10 winless Ag seasons for a G1 win over Wheeler
BadAggie
AG
McInnis said:

SIAP but here's Cortes admitting that he didn't leave the game because of an injury. Said he did have a sore groin muscle but he wanted to stay out there and compete but Boone pulled him because he didn't have his best stuff. So the reliever got unlimited warmup. Would this be considered cheating?

Lol why the Yankees never cheat!
AggieDub25
McInnis said:

Anyone with an ounce of common sense knew that was the case. If dude's groin was "hurt" he wouldn't be able to walk comfortably, much less pitch.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
MarathonAg12 said:

j_davis01 said:

Can confirm the app is freakin great!
It would be cool to see a live chat room function with voice connection.

Could you imagine this thread during game nights?
I think I'd prefer to continue going to a sports bar when I want the more communal game watching experience.
aTm2004
AG
wangus12 said:

Jet Black said:

I love Aggie football, but it's easy to tune out this disappointment of a season when my other two favorite teams are playing in a Championship series or leading the league thus far

This is where college football Saturdays have prepared me with the ability to watch multiple games via TV, iPad, laptop, and phone.
MarathonAg12
I too have utilized that function for Jet Black. First and only person I have ever blocked.
07ag
AG
MarathonAg12 said:

j_davis01 said:

Are AOL chat rooms still around?
https://ts.la/eric59704
scrimp
AG
MLB's top ten plays of the LCS games...

Link if you are interested....

10. Yank's Bader hits HR B6 G4 to go up 5-4.
9. Yank's Peraza makes good defensive play to rob Altuve, 0-0, B1 G2.
8. Philly's Hoskins hits 2R HR to go up 2-0, B3 G5.
7. Yank's Torres starts double play on good defensive play against Altuve, Astros up 3-2, B7, G2
6. Philly's Schwarber solo HRs to make it 2-0, T6 in G1.
5. Pena fires rocket to first after ball ricochets off Bregman's glove for 5-6-3 putout, Astros up 3-2, T6, G2
4. Pena HRs to tie it 3-3, T3, G4.
3. Philly's Jean Seguara makes a pair of diving plays in G3, 3rd inning and 7th inning
2. Judge's diving catch in 0-0 game, B1, G1.
1. Harper's 2R go ahead HR, B8 G5.

4 Yankee's plays, 4 Philly's plays, 2 Astros, 0 Padres.

Based off the highlights only, you'd think the Yankees got the sweep. C'mon MLB, at least pretend to to somewhat unbiased.

W
AG
that list is quite awful

Bregman's 3-run HR in game 2 has to be on there
tjack16
AG
Jet Black said:

It is odd to me that since about 2017, the worst A&M football seasons were also the best Astros seasons. And vice versa

Best Aggie seasons: 2018, 2020
Worst Aggie seasons: 2017, 2019, 2021, 2022
jg07
AG
Cortes was fine until Pena broke him. It was a bush league move by Boone. He was just mad he got caught with his pants down and nobody in the pen.

If some how there was a game 7 he would have pitched and TBS would have be slobbering all over him for his gutsy performance to come back from such a "serious injury".
OPAG
AG
checking in from Indonesia! Attending son's wedding This was a very pleasent present!
"only one thing is important!"
MarathonAg12
tjack16 said:

Jet Black said:

It is odd to me that since about 2017, the worst A&M football seasons were also the best Astros seasons. And vice versa

Best Aggie seasons: 2018, 2020
Worst Aggie seasons: 2017, 2019, 2021, 2022
I went to a few Astros games while I was in school. 2008-2012.

Hunter Pence was the bees knees. Thats about it lol

Edit: I graduated before the Legend of JFF took the field.
tjack16
AG
#10 was a go ahead homerun immediately nullified the next inning

What a joke of a list
Pahdz
MarathonAg12 said:

j_davis01 said:

TexAgs used to have a chat room
spadilly
S

Postseason off days…

n_touch
scrimp said:

MLB's top ten plays of the LCS games...

Link if you are interested....

10. Yank's Bader hits HR B6 G4 to go up 5-4.
9. Yank's Peraza makes good defensive play to rob Altuve, 0-0, B1 G2.
8. Philly's Hoskins hits 2R HR to go up 2-0, B3 G5.
7. Yank's Torres starts double play on good defensive play against Altuve, Astros up 3-2, B7, G2
6. Philly's Schwarber solo HRs to make it 2-0, T6 in G1.
5. Pena fires rocket to first after ball ricochets off Bregman's glove for 5-6-3 putout, Astros up 3-2, T6, G2
4. Pena HRs to tie it 3-3, T3, G4.
3. Philly's Jean Seguara makes a pair of diving plays in G3, 3rd inning and 7th inning
2. Judge's diving catch in 0-0 game, B1, G1.
1. Harper's 2R go ahead HR, B8 G5.

4 Yankee's plays, 4 Philly's plays, 2 Astros, 0 Padres.

Based off the highlights only, you'd think the Yankees got the sweep. C'mon MLB, at least pretend to to somewhat unbiased.

This is like when you have two kids and one is an A student and the other barely breaking C's. If the C student comes home with an A, "Wow, Great job, man you killed it." When your kid with straight A's comes home, its just expected, its not a surprise or anything big.

That's where the Astros are now. It's just expected.
Kashchei
AG
spadilly said:

Postseason off days…

Two gold banners would look so much better than 4 red banners
n_touch
AggieDub25 said:

McInnis said:

Anyone with an ounce of common sense knew that was the case. If dude's groin was "hurt" he wouldn't be able to walk comfortably, much less pitch.
I will play devils advocate. Whether or not we think he was hurt, something was wrong with him. Just because the player says he was good enough to compete does not mean anything. These guys all want to compete. They use so many metrics watching each pitch, they can tell you the moment his groin started causing an issue. I think they were hoping to get out of the inning and we go lucky with that since we had an ailing pitcher on the mound.

We would want our manager to do the same and I can guarantee if it was Baker that left a pitcher out there and that happened, they would have to pause this thread for a while.
Beau Holder
AG
spadilly said:

Postseason off days…

Three more days of this post ahead
tjack16
AG
spadilly said:

Postseason off days…

Feels good knowing another banner will be added to that! Hopefully a Gold this time
n_touch
Kashchei said:

spadilly said:

Postseason off days…

Two gold banners would look so much better than 4 red banners
I know I will get crushed on this, but why is there not a red banner for 2017? Why does the WS banner take over? They are still the AL Champs.
FrioAg 00
AG
Because we're going to be elite for so long we're going to run out of spaces
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
When the Astros do well I could give AF about Aggie football. I realized that if I hadn't attended TAMU I probably wouldn't be a fan. Aggie Football consistently does less with more, show up unprepared and generally lays an egg on que. the game
are hot AF and concessions suck dog balls. But for Johnny we would have been wholly uninteresting since 1998

Astros are resilient, team first, do more with less, fundamentally sound, represent the entire city, the ballpark is air conditioned with great concessions and easy parking
Moe Jzyslak
AG
Told a buddy of mine I'd take A&M going 0-12 every year for a decade if it meant another Astros WS. He couldn't believe it.

There's pictures of me as a baby in Astros gear. I didn't even care about A&M until I was 17. Astros always come first
fullback44
AG
MarathonAg12 said:

I too have utilized that function for Jet Black. First and only person I have ever blocked.

I Permaed that cat long ago … I think I have 3 posters perma Ed .. he's one of them, and I'm not sure that some
Of those 3 aren't the same people
McInnis
AG
Well college football's been my main sports attraction for a long time. But I've recognized that with the transfer portal, opt outs, and now the NIL that it's not sustainable. I was really hoping Jimbo could win us a national championship before the game implodes completely. But I see that's not to be. I'm as disappointed in our football program now as I've been since the Fran days.

On the other hand I've loved the Astros since Larry Dierker was our best pitcher and they're sure coming through for us this year when we really need them to. They're not only our team but seem to be a bunch of great guys. Very easy to root for.
scd88
AG
The Astros were my first sports love - started going to the Dome when I was 10 back in 1976. Big Red Machine was popular then but I loved MY HOMETOWN TEAM.

Got kicked in the nuts in 1986!by attending and staying the entire game 6 vs the Mets. I've never been back to an Astros playoff game and probably won't.

But I love A&M and going to Kyle. It's OK to love both. I'll be in Kyle on Saturday night. In the past, the production crew has been good about providing updates and even showing the Astros game on the big screens at half.

I struggle with watching my teams on TV. I get so nervous I have a hard time enjoying it. At least when I am there, I can tell my ass off.

I know I need therapy.

I'd also like to say thank you to all of the posters and contributors to this thread. It's been a lot of fun following this year and one can't say that about Texags a lot these days. Y'all are great - keep it up.
jg07
AG
I'm also going to Kyle on Saturday. But I'll be watching the Astros on my phone. The wifi in Kyle is good enough to stream.
scd88
AG
HarryRocket said:

Anyone know where I can get the "hate us" shirt?

Bruh, that's so 2017-2021. The updated version is this.

scd88
AG
jg07 said:

I'm also going to Kyle on Saturday. But I'll be watching the Astros on my phone. The wifi in Kyle is good enough to stream.

I have finally caught up to steaming technology where I can also do this.
wildmen09
AG
jg07 said:

Me too, me too. And I don't give a crap about anyone around me when the Astros score and I yell while the Aggies are ****ting up and down kyle
Burn-It
AG
Aggie football has been a non-stop disapointment this season. It's been a long time since my life long 'Stros have disappointed, especially since 2015, 2018 excepted, Greinke says hello!

We will probably sell our Ole Miss tix, tailgate & watch both when the games are played. If the Ags happen to win, that's great, but not expected. I expect the 'Stros to win.
AKA 13-0
First Page Last Page
Page 1849 of 2374

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.