***** Official 2022 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

5,317,677 Views | 83072 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Harry Dunne
BeowulfShaeffer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Snell experiencing death by a thousand cuts--bloop, bloop, lost ball in the sun, bloop.
cone
AG
weird they remind me of last year's braves
PhatMack19
AG
Should have been a DP ball. Instead another run

4-0 Philly T2
cone
AG
wheels are off
Bag
AG
cone said:

weird they remind me of last year's braves
Braves were scorching hot for months before the playoffs.

Phillies are paper tigers imo
jkag89
Dinks and doinks, a ball lost in the Sun, Schwarber able to put the ball into play with two strikes on him have the Phillies up 4-0 going to B2.
Ag_07
AG
BayAg_14 said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

So stupid. There would still be plenty of crowd noise with the roof open. Perfect baseball weather this evening.

Awful take. It's gonna be in the 40s tonight.

That's not perfect baseball weather especially for a team that doesn't play in the cold.
PhatMack19
AG
Back to back bombs! Dads back in it

4-2 Philly B2
jkag89
Back to back bombs by the Friars to start the B2
Cromagnum
AG
Ag_07 said:

BayAg_14 said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

So stupid. There would still be plenty of crowd noise with the roof open. Perfect baseball weather this evening.

That's not perfect baseball weather especially for a team that doesn't play in the cold.

It's not getting below 50 until after 10 PM. Why even have a retractable roof if you are going to close it when the weather is absolutely perfect?
CoachRTM
AG
Ragnar Danneskjoldd said:

phillies really starting to remind me of the nats
The Padres (if they were to win the NLCS) would remind me of last year's Braves. Braves were without Acuna, Padres would be without Tatis.

Whoever wins the NLCS will obviously be hot. There's no getting around that and it is what it is.
GigEmMortis
AG
Cromagnum said:

Ag_07 said:

BayAg_14 said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

It's not getting below 50 until after 10 PM. Leave the damned roof open.
This is Texas. Anything below 50 or above 90, close the damn roof.
jkag89
Chilly enough once the sun goes down. Roof open or closed don't forget your jacket if you are going to the game tonight, MM is not heated.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Cromagnum said:

Ag_07 said:

BayAg_14 said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

It's not getting below 50 until after 10 PM. Why even have a retractable roof if you are going to close it when the weather is absolutely perfect?
Its supposed to be 56 @ 8pm, 53 @ 9pm....in Houston Texas, that isnt outdoor baseball weather

ESPECIALLY

When the players don't want it open to begin with
PhatMack19
AG
That has to be pretty awesome for Nola's parents.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Roof is closed and has been since earlier this afternoon.
Beat40
Cromagnum said:

Ag_07 said:

BayAg_14 said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

Because the players don't want it open in their biggest game of the year to date?
htxag09
AG
Beat40 said:

Cromagnum said:

Ag_07 said:

BayAg_14 said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

Because the players don't want it open in their biggest game of the year to date?
Except I don't think the players have a choice in the matter, isn't it up to MLB in the playoffs?
Beat40
htxag09 said:

Beat40 said:

Cromagnum said:

Ag_07 said:

BayAg_14 said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

Except I don't think the players have a choice in the matter, isn't it up to MLB in the playoffs?
Pretty sure the team can decide unless overruled by MLB like in 2005.
tjack16
AG
I'm going for the padres just because I'd love for the east coast to be shut out of the WS
mwm
Step on their throats with cleats.
Prosperdick
AG
Lonestar_Ag09 said:

https://instagr.am/p/Cj6IufYvshX
Really hope I get to post her AOFA later tonight...I went back and checked and since I've posted her after wins since August 11th we are 38-15 for a .716 winning percentage. Not too shabby and better than our regular season winning percentage.
Big Al 1992
AG
Feeling pretty calm and confident. Just swept a hot Seattle team. Well rested. JV has course corrected. Altuve has reset. We've been here before. Best record in the AL. Owned da Jankees this season. Pitching has been elite. We have Yordan. And Rally Kate. Astros in 5 and it starts tonight. Let's go!!!!!
Ag_07
AG
Death, taxes, Stros in the ALCS, and TexAgs bltchn about game times and roof status.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Big Al 1992 said:

Feeling pretty calm and confident. Just swept a hot Seattle team. Well rested. JV has course corrected. Altuve has reset. We've been here before. Best record in the AL. Owned da Jankees this season. Pitching has been elite. We have Yordan. And Rally Kate. Astros in 5 and it starts tonight. Let's go!!!!!
Feels so good, feelin' good again.
Big Al 1992
AG
Prosperdick said:

Lonestar_Ag09 said:

Really hope I get to post her AOFA later tonight...I went back and checked and since I've posted her after wins since August 11th we are 38-15 for a .716 winning percentage. Not too shabby and better than our regular season winning percentage.

I always thought it was her…

Charlie Conway
Big Al 1992 said:

I feel pretty nervous, so yeah that's all, thanks bye
Texaggie7nine
The Porkchop Express said:

Big Al 1992 said:

Just need JV not to do this again

7nine
Beau Holder
AG
Gramercy Riffs said:

Lonestar_Ag09 said:

Not sure about the rest of you, but as we get deeper I've started seeing more random posters again...oh the bandwagon joys

You realize not everyone who quit these threads is a bandwagon fan, right?

If you've been away, you forgot how much of this thread is just gatekeeping.
Post removed:
by user
Wabs
AG
LFG!

bearkatag15
AG

No windmill
Prosperdick
AG
Big Al 1992 said:

Prosperdick said:

Lonestar_Ag09 said:

I always thought it was her…

You might be right...I would need to go back to that Aug 11 youtube broadcast and see but I'm sure both are fantastic.
Prosperdick
AG
Bregxit said:

Nope. Bea is really skinny. PD's AOFA pic is 100% Abby.
There you go, mystery solved. REALLY hope I get to post her tonight!!!
Mathguy64
AG
bearkatag15 said:

No windmill
Backup windmill engaged.
First Page Last Page
Page 1586 of 2374

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.