***** Official 2022 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

5,317,834 Views | 83072 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Harry Dunne
Bag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Bag said:

Wabs said:

Let Framber go in game 2 at home. Don't' start jacking with the plan.
Dance with what brung ya

Quote:

We got here with JV and Framber, you go with JV and Framber and then see where you're at after that.

Not that I have any issue with Framber in game 2, but I disagree with this mindset. What you did doesn't matter. Play whoever gives you the best shot to win. Now obviously, you base a lot of who gives you the best shot to win on "what you did", but if JV lays an egg tonight and then looks mediocre in game 5 then I would 100% start our other 3 aces over him in the WS if that's an option.
He aint laying an egg tonight, imo, he will be vintage JV.

if you overthink it, you risk paralysis by analysis is my only point
Beau Holder
AG
2ndAggie said:

You know what I enjoy is arod talking about cheating the pre-game show

I don't listen to A-Rod talk ever
The Porkchop Express
AG
GREAT DAY for an Astros playoff win!

October 19, 2005

October 19, 2019

October 19, 2021

Also, this hilarious note from Astros history on October 19,1989.

Houston radio station KKBQ announces that the World Series is coming to the Astrodome after an earthquake rattles California, sending the Fall Classic into turmoil. General Manager Bill Wood blasts the false report as "sick humor".

Feels so good, feelin' good again.
2ndAggie
AG
I can see why!
bobinator
AG
Yeah, I just mean I wouldn't change anything up with the starters without a pretty compelling reason. JV getting blasted twice would be pretty compelling.
Bag
AG
Lonestar_Ag09 said:

Not sure about the rest of you, but as we get deeper I've started seeing more random posters again...oh the bandwagon joys
I think its less about bandwagoning and more about people being busy with life kids work that get involved when the cards are on on the table
bobinator
AG
I'm watching soccer at the moment but I actually think A-Rod is really good on the pre and post game shows.
Aston 91
AG
Obviously different in that Brantley was coming in (and made an amazing throw for the DP) while Beltran was going to his right - but that catch reminds me of this clutch Beltran catch in the 2004 NLCS. I was at the 2004 game and the crowd went nuts.

Mathguy64
AG
The whole "who starts where and when" deal is overblown.

JV, Framber, LMJ. 1, 1B, 2. After that you decide who goes in game 4 and beyond based on matchups and series score to date. If you are down 0-3 at that point it's Johnny Allstaff and everyone but LMJ is on call.
2ndAggie
AG
He was better than Frank Thomas who talked about how "hot" the Yankees are heading in to this series (they were taken to 5 by Cleveland, meanwhile the astros swept the mariners, but go on…)
bobinator
AG
Any time they start talking big picture it goes off the track a bit, but where that group gets really good is when A-Rod will get one of the other ones to really drill down into some specifics of the game.

The more specific their subject, the better that group is. I remember A-Rod, I think in 2019, giving a scouting report before the game on the umpire and saying both teams would need to be ready to hit the high fastball because this ump tends to give strikes at the top of the zone and sure enough it was an issue for both teams.

But when they start talking about "who's hot" or whatever it's mostly nonsense.
bearkatag15
AG
The Porkchop Express
AG
A-Rod has tremendous insight once you get past him being a D*bag. Frank Thomas doesn't know what to talk about if the White Sox aren't in the playoffs.

Guys, the game's not for 3-1/2 more hours and I have done very little work today. Then I pretend I"m going to work during the game. But that's not going to happen either.
The Porkchop Express
AG
bearkatag15 said:

So were they just batting Judge leadoff down the stretch so he could go after the HR record?
Prosperdick
AG
Bag said:

Farmer1906 said:

Bag said:

Wabs said:

Let Framber go in game 2 at home. Don't' start jacking with the plan.
Dance with what brung ya

Quote:

We got here with JV and Framber, you go with JV and Framber and then see where you're at after that.

Not that I have any issue with Framber in game 2, but I disagree with this mindset. What you did doesn't matter. Play whoever gives you the best shot to win. Now obviously, you base a lot of who gives you the best shot to win on "what you did", but if JV lays an egg tonight and then looks mediocre in game 5 then I would 100% start our other 3 aces over him in the WS if that's an option.
He aint laying an egg tonight, imo, he will be vintage JV.

if you overthink it, you risk paralysis by analysis is my only point
I like that Verlander found some bad habits in his delivery that he says he's corrected. I sure hope that's it because we need a strong opening salvo in this series.
McInnis
AG
bobinator said:

I'm watching soccer at the moment but I actually think A-Rod is really good on the pre and post game shows.
With all due respect, someone who watches soccer might not be considered a highly credible resource on what constitutes good tv watching.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Bag said:

Lonestar_Ag09 said:

Not sure about the rest of you, but as we get deeper I've started seeing more random posters again...oh the bandwagon joys
I think its less about bandwagoning and more about people being busy with life kids work that get involved when the cards are on on the table
In the last 48hrs there have been multiple posts by folks struggling to name the correct player that they were discussing... bandwagon, jumping on when its all on the line.
bobinator
AG
I think he batted leadoff the first couple games of the DS but he struck out 7,000 times.
bearkatag15
AG
Matt Carpenter has had 2 plate appearances since August 8th. I'm surprised he is getting a start.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Matt Carpenter has had 2 plate appearances since August 8th. I'm surprised he is getting a start.
Their options are less than "slim" for LF
Farmer1906
AG
bearkatag15 said:

He was hurt. He's back but it's hard to find a spot for him with neither being very good in LF. MMP is probably one of the few parks where it makes sense.
2ndAggie
AG
Agree! I think the same about Smoltz' calls in game (although I cannot forgive him for being a Brave and destroying the astros in the playoffs).
The Porkchop Express
AG
Carpenter had a 1.269 OPS in July and 1.318 OPS in June.

Started 6 games in August and went 4 for 19 with an OPS of .568, got hurt, and missed the rest of the season, then was 0 for 2 against the Indians. Forget Judge, here's your steroid guy.
bobinator
AG
Psh, we have twins due Nov. 17, I might be the only American to watch* every single minute of the World Cup

(* = includes having the tv on but not really being able to pay attention)
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
https://instagr.am/p/Cj6IufYvshX
Bag
AG
Farmer1906 said:

bearkatag15 said:

He was hurt. He's back but it's hard to find a spot for him with neither being very good in LF. MMP is probably one of the few parks where it makes sense.
He is the DH
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Mathguy64
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

bearkatag15 said:

So were they just batting Judge leadoff down the stretch so he could go after the HR record?

Yep.
Farmer1906
AG
Bag said:

Farmer1906 said:

bearkatag15 said:

He was hurt. He's back but it's hard to find a spot for him with neither him or Stanton being very good in LF. MMP is probably one of the few parks where it makes sense.
He is the DH
Left a few words out of my post. MMP allowed Stanton in LF so Carp can DH.
Mathguy64
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

Carpenter had a 1.269 OPS in July and 1.318 OPS in June.

Started 6 games in August and went 4 for 19 with an OPS of .568, got hurt, and missed the rest of the season, then was 0 for 2 against the Indians. Forget Judge, here's your steroid guy.

I fully expect him to slash .836/.927/3.99999 with 18 HRs this series. But steroids has no effect whatsoever. Or so I have been repeatedly told.
Ag_07
AG
Yeah he stated the DS leading off then they realized that was dumb because no one was getting on in front of him and pitches were striking him out at an ungodly rate.

Then they moved him #2 and he still struck out at an ungodly rate.

I think he only 3 ABs that entire series with someone on base. Not sure why he doesn't bat 3 or 4 in their lineup.
Bonnettecj1
How much would that suck to get to the LCS only to get a 1:30 local time start? Thank God it ain't us
jkag89
I'll never understand those who hate day baseball.
Marvin
AG
bobinator said:

Psh, we have twins due Nov. 17, I might be the only American to watch* every single minute of the World Cup

(* = includes having the tv on but not really being able to pay attention)

Bet you won't be! Although I was very discouraged by the recent couple of warmups for the home side.

Ok- back to All Astros, All The Time.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
First Page Last Page
Page 1584 of 2374

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.