***** Official 2022 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

5,317,998 Views | 83072 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Harry Dunne
MarathonAg12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AustinAg2K said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

I'm hoping tonight's ALDS game goes deep into extra innings and ends up having the first time a team has to play both a DS game and CS game on the same day.

Regardless, Astros need to come out hot and take advantage of an exhausted guardians or yanks.

This is ours for the taking.
EABC_AG
I am not really buying the exhausted narrative to be honest. I think that advantage is probably offset by the Astros getting another 3 full days off without seeing live pitching. 3 games in 14 days is a bit worrisome for getting back into rhythm.
MosesHallRAB04
AG
This ALCS will be the ultimate rest vs rust experiment.
All I do is Nguyen
MarathonAg12 said:

I guess that's why they call it the blues
CFTXAG10
AG
SJEAg
AG
On long breaks like this, do teams ever do real pitching instead of BP? Like some off playoff roster guy trying to get you out?
Harry Dunne
Guess he will be more of a Rocket man in the future
The Porkchop Express
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

I can't believe this tweet was in English!
Feels so good, feelin' good again.
Farmer1906
AG
SJEAg said:

On long breaks like this, do teams ever do real pitching instead of BP? Like some off playoff roster guy trying to get you out?
There were some simulated games between the end of the season & the DS. I am not sure this break warrants it though. We just played 4 games worth of innings in 5 days.

We should have had a huge advantage in game 1 last series too but didn't take advantage of it. I think we do this time.

Potential Match Ups
HOU Verlander vs Taillon (assuming he doesn't get some innings today)
HOU Valez vs Severino
NY McCullers vs Cole
NY Javier vs Nestor
NY Verlander vs Taillon
HOU Valdez vs Severino
HOU McCullers vs Cole

Not sure what the Guardians would look like since I don't know what they're doing with pitching today.
bearkatag15
AG
Farmer1906 said:

SJEAg said:

There were some simulated games between the end of the season & the DS. I am not sure this break warrants it though. We just played 4 games worth of innings in 5 days.

We should have had a huge advantage in game 1 last series too but didn't take advantage of it. I think we do this time.

Potential Match Ups
HOU Valez vs Severino
NY McCullers vs Cole
NY Javier vs Nestor
NY Verlander vs Taillon
HOU Valdez vs Severino
HOU McCullers vs Cole

Not sure what the Guardians would look like since I don't know what they're doing with pitching today.
If it goes 7 then Nestor would definitely be a key bullpen arm in that scenario
bearkatag15
AG
Chef Elko
AG
I would love a McCullers - Cole matchup
Farmer1906
AG
Danwell Home said:

You know Cole is jealous as hell that McCullers is not only allowed to have the long hair and beard but pulls it off better than him.

EastCoastAgNc
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Farmer1906 said:

SJEAg said:

Potential Match Ups
HOU Valez vs Severino
NY McCullers vs Cole
NY Javier vs Nestor
NY Verlander vs Taillon
HOU Valdez vs Severino
HOU McCullers vs Cole

If it goes 7 then Nestor would definitely be a key bullpen arm in that scenario
Given Lance's recent injury issues, I can't see them throwing Lance on short rest (game 3->7 is only 3 days rest). If it gets to 7, probably looking at a Johnny Allstaff game with Luis Garcia being the bulk guy.
PoppaB05
AG
Potential Match Ups
HOU Valez vs Severino
NY McCullers vs Cole
NY Javier vs Nestor
NY Verlander vs Taillon
HOU Valdez vs Severino
HOU McCullers vs Cole

I don't think this is how it will shake out especially with the only day off being between games 2 and 3. I think alot will depend on how games 1-2 go to determine game 3-4 starters. Also, I don't think they start Cole on 3 days rest for game 7 and I think there is no chance we start McCullers on 3 days rest. I think Houston's rotation will be a 5 man rotation and is pretty set unless something crazy happens and we get way behind in the series.
Game 1 - Verlander
Game 2 - Valdez
Game 3 - McCullers
Game 4 - Javier
Game 5 - Garcia
Game 6 - Verlander
Game 7 - Valdez

For NY, I think it goes more like this with games 4-5 possibly being flipped if the Yankees are up in the series, and games 6-7 heavily depending on whether the starters of game 1-2 pitch well.
Game 1 - Taillon
Game 2 - Severino
Game 3 - Cole
Game 4 - Cortes
Game 5 - Bullpen Game
Game 6 - Taillon/Severino
Game 7 - Severino/Cole/Kitchen Sink
Farmer1906
AG
I didn't realize there wasn't a travel day there. I could see Lance wanting the ball in that scenario. But I don't think it goes 7.
Farmer1906
AG
Why would you not throw JV & Framber games 5 & 6 on 4 days rest?
bearkatag15
AG

Yuli replacement?
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Farmer1906 said:

I didn't realize there wasn't a travel day there. I could see Lance wanting the ball in that scenario. But I don't think it goes 7.
I hope the lack of travel days is something we don't see after this year (product of the lockout). I agree he would want the ball, but you're right, I don't think it goes 7.
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Yuli replacement?
Not a bad option.

Wasnt there talk during spring training of Yordon getting some work at 1B? I thought that was the Yuli phase out plan.
Farmer1906
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Yuli replacement?
Would

He has shown no signs of slowing down.

Prosperdick
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Danwell Home said:

You know Cole is jealous as hell that McCullers is not only allowed to have the long hair and beard but pulls it off better than him.

Also Cole has such a less punchable face with long hair and a beard. Or maybe it's just the Yankee jersey that does it?
mwm
I don't care who the 'stros play. I just want baseball in MMP tomorrow night.
CFTXAG10
AG
Ag_07
AG
Man a Yankees BP game would be a sight to behold.

That BP is not very good and it's currently a mess. Throw in this rain delay and no rest and it gets even worse.
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
PoppaB05 said:

Potential Match Ups
HOU Valez vs Severino
NY McCullers vs Cole
NY Javier vs Nestor
NY Verlander vs Taillon
HOU Valdez vs Severino
HOU McCullers vs Cole

I don't think this is how it will shake out especially with the only day off being between games 2 and 3. I think alot will depend on how games 1-2 go to determine game 3-4 starters. Also, I don't think they start Cole on 3 days rest for game 7 and I think there is no chance we start McCullers on 3 days rest. I think Houston's rotation will be a 5 man rotation and is pretty set unless something crazy happens and we get way behind in the series.
Game 1 - Verlander
Game 2 - Valdez
Game 3 - McCullers
Game 4 - Javier
Game 5 - Garcia
Game 6 - Verlander
Game 7 - Valdez

For NY, I think it goes more like this with games 4-5 possibly being flipped if the Yankees are up in the series, and games 6-7 heavily depending on whether the starters of game 1-2 pitch well.
Game 1 - Taillon
Game 2 - Severino
Game 3 - Cole
Game 4 - Cortes
Game 5 - Bullpen Game
Game 6 - Taillon/Severino
Game 7 - Severino/Cole/Kitchen Sink

Depending on how the Stros start the first 2 games and if they have any deficits, I don't foresee Javier getting game 4 start as he may show up in some long inning stretches. I think you may see Garcia moved up to G4 starter which I'd prefer.

Anything goes though in October ball.
Wabs
AG
tjack16
AG
If we take a 2-0 series lead then it'll be INSANELY hard for the other team to recover being as worn down as they will be.

The worst thing we could do is drop one of the first 2 and give them hope
Post removed:
by user
Eso si, Que es
CFTXAG10 said:

Mike Muchlinski's scorecard HOUvsOAK

The Porkchop Express
AG
I hate NY, but I wouldn't mind seeing Mrs. Cole on TV for a week or so again.

Feels so good, feelin' good again.
spadilly
S

cone
AG
Brandon Crawford's sister
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
I hate cole so much, but he seems to be a really good dad/husband. Anyway, f him.
TRM
AG
I think we see Javier out of the bullpen tonight and start game 4. It would be just like Game 1 of the ALDS -treat like a bullpen session and start game 4 if needed.
First Page Last Page
Page 1567 of 2374

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.