***** Official 2022 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

5,317,984 Views | 83072 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Harry Dunne
bearkatag15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
EastCoastAgNc
AG
cap-n-jack
That Schilling dude is fun isn't he.
cc10106
He's just increasing the amount of schadenfreude I have for LA choking. What a blowhard.
BadAggie
AG
Hearing that MLB is invoking seldom used Rule 303.7(B)(iii) and the series will be decided by feats of strength.

bearkatag15 said:

AggieJ2002
AG
I could see the Yankees insisting this be played at 1am if they have to. If they wait to tomorrow, doesn't that mean Bieber will be ready to go?
Prosperdick
AG
cc10106 said:

The Astros will have only played 3 games (36 innings) in two weeks once the ALCS starts. That's wild and doesn't help my confidence no matter who the opponent is. Just need the bats to get hot and take some pressure off the starters.
It's more like 4 games if that helps your confidence.
McInnis
AG
AggieJ2002 said:

I could see the Yankees insisting this be played at 1am if they have to. If they wait to tomorrow, doesn't that mean Bieber will be ready to go?
Remember when the Aggies had to do that in a football game vs UH because the Astros and Phillies had a playoff game in the dome earlier that day? And that football game just added a bit more misery to that playoff series.
bigjag19
AG
BadAggie said:

Hearing that MLB is invoking seldom used Rule 303.7(B)(iii) and the series will be decided by feats of strength.

bearkatag15 said:

The series isn't over until Costanza gets pinned.
spadilly
S

Here's an idea, it may sound crazy and all, but hear me out….

don't schedule a freaking day off between division series games 1 and 2?

BMX Bandit
They weren't going to schedule all AL & NL on same days. Alternative would have started AL on Wednesday, which still woood mean game 5 today.
Prosperdick
AG
bigjag19 said:

BadAggie said:

bearkatag15 said:

The series isn't over until Costanza gets pinned.
Kashchei
AG
Prosperdick said:

cc10106 said:

The Astros will have only played 3 games (36 innings) in two weeks once the ALCS starts. That's wild and doesn't help my confidence no matter who the opponent is. Just need the bats to get hot and take some pressure off the starters.

The time off is my biggest concern too. I think the Stros are better that both the Janks and the Indians, but playing every day is big in baseball and we could come out slow.
Prosperdick
AG
Kashchei said:

Prosperdick said:

cc10106 said:

The time off is my biggest concern too. I think the Stros are better that both the Janks and the Indians, but playing every day is big in baseball and we could come out slow.
Well we already have had practice coming out slow against Seattle so hopefully muscle memory kicks in Wednesday. That being said, would you rather be in New York's or Cleveland's shoes right now? I wouldn't.

Also, with a 7 game series that usually smooths out the rough edges of starting slow.
David_Puddy
AG
Kashchei said:

Prosperdick said:

cc10106 said:

Agree and disagree. I mean we scored 1 run on Saturday so it's not like our bats were scorching hot. Would rather have a fully rested staff & pen, which the winner of this game wont have, since it's looking to at the very least bleed over into early Tuesday morning.
Ag_07
AG
Guys we've played 2 games in the past 2 days.
rausr
AG
AustinCountyAg
Game will be played tomm at 4
Kashchei
AG
Prosperdick said:

Kashchei said:

Prosperdick said:

cc10106 said:

Well we already have had practice coming out slow against Seattle so hopefully muscle memory kicks in Wednesday. That being said, would you rather be in New York's or Cleveland's shoes right now? I wouldn't.

Also, with a 7 game series that usually smooths out the rough edges of starting slow.

Oh I'd much rather be in our position, but I am a serial worrier no matter the situation. Rooting for the Astros is different than say, the Aggies, because I actually have expectations and am (too) emotionally invested.

The Aggies lobotomized me a long time ago.
OKCAg2002
AG
Is that official?
Mr President Elect
AG
OKCAg2002 said:

Is that official?

bearkatag15
AG
OKCAg2002 said:

Is that official?
Wabs
AG
LOL
PhatMack19
AG
I would hate for them to play 23 innings tomorrow
BadAggie
AG
All I do is Nguyen
Dammit! I was off by an hour.
All I do is Nguyen
Aaaaaaaand it's already starting with the excuses, and of all thing, blaming the Astros!
mwm
Maybe they need to play inning #1 under the Manfred Rule...you know...the one where they put a runner on 2nd base & no outs to start the inning.
Mathguy64
AG
4 pm tomorrow is idiotic. They should be playing at 1 pm if the weather lets them.

But hey. Who am I to complain?
lil99chris
AG
Ag_07
AG
So each one of these teams has their GM 1 starter flying here first thing in the morning right?
rausr
AG
AustinCountyAg
MLB screwed the pooch on this deal. Rain been in the forecast for days. Shoulda moved the start time up to lunchtime or something to have give them more time to get the game in. Not to mention the fans who got to yankee stadium at 5 and sat there with MLB basically already knowing the game wouldn't be played.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Whoever we play Wednesday is gonna be very hungover
bigjag19
AG
Ag_07 said:

So each one of these teams has their GM 1 starter flying here first thing in the morning right?

All hands on deck in elimination game.
First Page Last Page
Page 1564 of 2374

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.