***** Official 2022 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

5,319,726 Views | 83072 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Harry Dunne
Mathguy64
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Finally home and it's time for the after win TOFA.

?attachment_cache_bust=4219317&quality=85&strip=info&w=400
Johnsy3
AG
ttha_aggie_09 said:

Dusty, so far, has shown to be a good postseason manager. I am curious what is wrong with Stanek or why he didn't go to him in 8th. Worked out well just a little confusing

My guess is, being down 2 pitchers in Maton and Smith, Dusty wanted to keep Stanek ready in case of extra innings. Or didn't want to give Seattle a look at him yet if he could help it.
Johnsy3
AG
bearkatag15
AG
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
BadAggie
AG
GigEmMortis said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

He's definitely gonna go first pitch at altuves head

They were saying the same **** back in July after the all star break and we swept their ass and ended their cute little win streak.

**** em. They'll learn quickly that October baseball is a different animal

X1,000,000

Stros are familiar with playing road playoff games, Servais is per usual talking out of his @ss.
979ag
AG
Wabs said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

Yeah? We'll **** him.

Pause…
BadAggie
AG
979ag said:

Wabs said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

Yeah? We'll **** him.

Pause…

Yeah, um, you can.
texasaggie2015
AG
Update: I'm alive and my voice is gone
ttha_aggie_09
AG
From screaming or the Red Bull vodka?
texasaggie2015
AG
ttha_aggie_09 said:

From screaming or the Red Bull vodka?

Yes
Dirty Mike and the Boys
AG
These tears are absolutely delicious.
mwm
Confirmed. There is no intelligence in Seattle.
spadilly
S
Seattle fans have no experience dealing with the stresses of postseason baseball and it shows.
ttha_aggie_09
Post removed:
by user
Wabs
AG
BadAggie
AG
Mariner Fan is one sad delusional mofo.
cap-n-jack
mwm said:

Confirmed. There is no intelligence in Seattle.

Two physicians boarded a flight out of Seattle. One sat in the window seat, the other sat in the middle seat. Just before takeoff, an attorney got on and took the aisle seat next to the two physicians.

The attorney kicked off his shoes, wiggled his toes and was settling in when the physician in the window seat said," I think I'll get up and get a coke."

"No problem," said the attorney, "I'll get it for you."

While he was gone, one of the physicians picked up the attorney's shoe and spat in it.

When he returned with the coke, the other physician said, "That looks good, I think I'll have one too."

Again, the attorney obligingly went to fetch it and while he was gone, the other physician picked up the other shoe and spat in it.

The attorney returned and they all sat back and enjoyed the flight. As the plane was landing, the attorney slipped his feet into his shoes and knew immediately what had happened.

"How long must this go on?" he asked. "This fighting between our professions? This hatred? This animosity? This spitting in shoes and pissing in cokes?"
Mr.Bond
AG
Wabs said:

Lmaooooo
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

BadAggie
AG

Sasquatch is coming this weekend to the Pacific Northwest.

BadAggie
AG

R-Dog
AG
For all the Seattle fans whining about the "rocket" line drive DP in the 9th, I thought it looked like he was jammed a bit and the Statcast numbers prove it out...

Exit velocity - 73.3
xBA - .240
jah003
S
The Porkchop Express
AG
Hey boys, how's everyone's evening going?

Feels so good, feelin' good again.
All I do is Nguyen
BadAggie
AG
R-Dog said:

For all the Seattle fans whining about the "rocket" line drive DP in the 9th, I thought it looked like he was jammed a bit and the Statcast numbers prove it out...

Exit velocity - 73.3
xBA - .240

Lol crap happens in baseball. Ifs and buts
All I do is Nguyen
I need you to tell me what the score will be Saturday. Or if that's only information you can give out during the game then I will be stalking the thread looking for you lol
EastCoastAgNc
AG
All I do is Nguyen
Farmer1906
AG
1.1k in posts after getting home. Too much to read so sorry if I repeat some stuff.

1. We saw Seattle's best two shots. They jumped all over JV and then got 7 innings from their ace. We overcame both.

2. Walks. A couple things on this. I think the moment got
To some of our bullpen. We gifted them a ton of bases and they didn't have the bats to make pay. On a similar note, something fishy was going on late in Frambers start. They identified and completely stopped swinging at the curve. Then Framber stopped throwing it and changed his glove. I wonder what happened there.

3. I think the juice box is getting too comfortable with the postseason. That place was entirely too quite early on and didn't even get loud for every big moment. We gotta light that fire again. Because we show flashes of it.

4. We're such a complete team. It seems like everyone has contributed. Tuve isn't hitting but he's playing great D. Pena is rock solid on D and getting on base for Yordan. Yordan is the MVP of the DS even if he doesn't get another hit. Breggy doing it. Tuck overshadowed but doing it too. Yuli had a huge game 1 and scoops everything. Hensley, Vazquez, and the list goes on and on.

5. Lance Mcullers has some history in close out games. I think he adds to it.
BadAggie
AG
Lest we forget the Astros swept them in that weekend series in Seattle right after the All-Star break that they were hyped up for.

EastCoastAgNc said:

Johnsy3
AG
linkdude
AG
Re: the walks, I think they had one of the highest walk rates in the league, it's the only way their offense stayed close to/above average. Without the walks they couldn't sustain rallies. I wouldn't read too much into it unless it continues into the future.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Updated stats: Yordan has played 11 ALDS games in his career.

Average: .342
Slugging: .711
On-Base: .553
OPS: 1.264
Feels so good, feelin' good again.
Farmer1906
AG
First Page Last Page
Page 1458 of 2374

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.