***** Official 2022 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

5,320,206 Views | 83072 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Harry Dunne
Faustus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BadAggie said:

Have the Dodgers figured out Trevor Bauer's safe word yet?
Yeah, but unfortunately for them it's "choke".

No help there.
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
EastCoastAgNc said:

Who could have possibly seen this coming
Nobody is going to pay him the $30mm-$35mm a year that he wants.
KC_Ag14
AG
Ragnar Danneskjoldd said:

KC_Ag14 said:

Ag_07 said:

FrioAg 00 said:

I want the ring, because it's ridiculous for us to get this close this many times and only have one to show for it.

So I see this sentiment a lot and not just here but also from the national media outlets.

They all say we need to win this year more than anyone because we only have one in this golden age.

However, what about the Dodgers? They have arguably more talent, spent WAY more money, have been to just as many LCSs as us, and they only have one WS to show for it. Which BTW was in the clown season of COVID.

Just sayin...
As much as we all hate acknowledging it, the season we won does have a smear on it. The sustained success since then has validated the championship level of the organization, but I think the final step to putting all of that talk about 2017 to bed is winning another ring. Like Brady winning another Super Bowl after Deflategate. Just win.
I dont feel this way at all. Its not like 95% of the criticism we receive about it is based in fact or logic, its just people trying to wind us up. Every team we beat to win the world series was taking advantage of the same exact thing we were. It doesnt bother me in the slightest.
That might be the case, and I never said we were the only team. But we won it all in 2017, they didn't. The Astros had the nationally headlined scandal and fallout, they didn't. Whether that was fair or not, or if everyone else was doing it too is irrelevant at this stage. I was responding to Ag07's point: want to silence the pundits from the national media? Win another one.
n_touch
KC_Ag14 said:

Ag_07 said:

FrioAg 00 said:

I want the ring, because it's ridiculous for us to get this close this many times and only have one to show for it.

So I see this sentiment a lot and not just here but also from the national media outlets.

They all say we need to win this year more than anyone because we only have one in this golden age.

However, what about the Dodgers? They have arguably more talent, spent WAY more money, have been to just as many LCSs as us, and they only have one WS to show for it. Which BTW was in the clown season of COVID.

Just sayin...
As much as we all hate acknowledging it, the season we won does have a smear on it. The sustained success since then has validated the championship level of the organization, but I think the final step to putting all of that talk about 2017 to bed is winning another ring. Like Brady winning another Super Bowl after Deflategate. Just win.
I had a lot typed out for this, but it was more of a rant since I am in a crappy mood today, so I will just put it quick and simple.

The Porkchop Express
AG
Historically, it's a great day to win a playoff game!

October 13, 2005. Astros 4, Cardinals 1, NLCS Game 2

This clip is like a magic unicorn flying on a rainbow - RBI singles by Chris Burke and Adam Everett, plus Reggie Sanders playing left field like he's never experienced Earth's gravity before.

October 13, 2017. Astros 2, Yankees 1, ALCS Game 1

Gary Sanchez doing Gary Sanchez things. Marwin with a huge throw out at the plate from LF.

October 13, 2018. Astros 7, Red Sox 2, ALCS Game 1

Forgotten highlight: Umpire Joe West gets drilled by an errant throw as Marisnick steals 2B. Josh Reddick turns into Yaztremski with a 407-foot homer to dead center.

October 13, 2019, Astros 3, Yankees 1, ALCS Game 2

Feels so good, feelin' good again.
MAROON
AG
I would love for Jeff to come back but it will never happen. He is very busy managing his new company and all the soccer investments they have made. He actually lives in Spain right now.
What do you boys want for breakfast BBQ ?.....OK Chili.
The Porkchop Express
AG
KC_Ag14 said:

Ag_07 said:

FrioAg 00 said:

Just sayin...
Now do I negative star a post?
Feels so good, feelin' good again.
KC_Ag14
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

KC_Ag14 said:

Ag_07 said:

FrioAg 00 said:

Just sayin...
Feel like I need to clarify this post. I was responding to Ag_07's point. We don't need to win another ring to validate anything to US (Astros fans). But that is what it will take to silence the national media. I am fully confident we were the best team in 2017 and won the series fair and square. But the national media doesn't see it that way after the fallout that happened. They'll have to win another one to change their opinion, not mine or ours. I'm on our side here lol.
cap-n-jack
EastCoastAgNc said:

He is turning out to be a cancer.
cone
AG
Quote:

But the national media doesn't see it that way after the fallout that happened.
the nice thing is that they can go **** themselves
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
cap-n-jack said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

He is turning out to be a cancer.
i mean, we functionally replaced him for league minimum.
n_touch
KC_Ag14 said:

The Porkchop Express said:

KC_Ag14 said:

Ag_07 said:

FrioAg 00 said:

Just sayin...
Feel like I need to clarify this post. I was responding to Ag_07's point. We don't need to win another ring to validate anything to US (Astros fans). But that is what it will take to silence the national media. I am fully confident we were the best team in 2017 and won the series fair and square. But the national media doesn't see it that way after the fallout that happened. They'll have to win another one to change their opinion, not mine or ours. I'm on our side here lol.
Can guarantee that will not do anything with the national media or the fans of other teams. The scandal is what it is. They along with countless other teams cheated, but that is not the point. Let them hate us. I am fine with it, and I can almost bet that no one in the clubhouse really gives 2 sh*** about what fans think outside of Houston.

It is no different than the steroid era. Bond's cheated, he should have an asterisk. Ok fine then all players should have one. I would be that a high numbers of players used during that time. Just like I can bet a high number of teams did something to try and steal signs. Its baseball, this is nothing new and frankly just part of the game.
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
There is no scenario in which the national media will praise the astros again. We could win 5 in a row and they would say the dynasty is tainted. Embrace being the heel.
Ag_07
AG
PrestigeWorldwideAg12 said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

Nobody is going to pay him the $30mm-$35mm a year that he wants.

Shlt...He had a $35mm contract from the Twins in his hand. All he had to do was say 'OK...Let's run it back'.

Problem is it isn't just the money he wants but he wants the money AND the spotlight.

And LOL at the Twins
CFTXAG10
AG
texasaggie2015
AG
Who's going to the game today? I'll be at Woodrow's downtown until 1:45ish. If you find me, we're taking shots on me to get the good vibes going. If you don't take shots, I'll buy you a beer.
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
"I am 28. Give me a contract until I am 38"
Cobra39
EastCoastAgNc said:

It was 100% unless he got hurt.

Cobra39
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
texasaggie2015 said:

Who's going to the game today? I'll be at Woodrow's downtown until 1:45ish. If you find me, we're taking shots on me to get the good vibes going. If you don't take shots, I'll buy you a beer.
If we lose because somebody turns down the shots, I will be pissed!
KC_Ag14
AG
100% agreed. I personally don't give a damn about what the national media thinks about 2017 or the past 6 years. Again, I was just providing what I think it will take to shut them up. Maybe it will, maybe it won't, I'll feel the same way about it.
Cobra39
Project Gemini said:

I only want the ring. Dont care who we go through to get it. Heads will explode plenty no matter who we beat on the way. We need a second ring out of this squad to cement the national hate for us that we do it with less money and no trash cans.
I sent you a PM about your tickets for today.

Cobra39
Mathguy64
AG
Can't blame Carlos for wanting to bet on himself. It's just a dumb bet. He's got 2/70 sitting in his pocket for the rest of this contract. He's not getting anything long term that will have 2/70 in it.
BadAggie
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Good Bull.
BadAggie
AG
That Correa for Peña trade (effectively) worked out so well.
EastCoastAgNc
AG

Mariners are gonna try to run all over Jake in center field
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
CoachRTM
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

When the deal happened, I thought it was fairly obvious that they were going to trade him at this year's deadline for decent prospects. I guess they were close enough to a playoff run where they thought it was worth a shot?

Everybody saw this coming.
gigemJTH12
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

this lineup is not good enough to handle Machete in it. not with Vazquez on the bench.

I do not understand.
Ag_07
AG
So the conversation on the radio this morning was Yordan and his contract. Click deserves a lot credit for locking this man up.

Yordan's deal is for 6 years $115 mm. That will go from age 26-31.

Judge will hit free agency and sign a record mega deal probably somewhere around twice as much as Yordan's and it will start at age 31 and probably go to what age 38 maybe even longer? Point being...Judge is gonna sign a contract that dwarfs Yordan's.

So we're getting Yordan at around half the price at a younger age. He probably won't get the credit he deserves but this was masterfully incredible by Click. It'll be a joy to watch Yordan play out that contract in orange and blue.
BadAggie
AG
Having reviewed various reports, player tweets, etc regarding use of video to steal signs it's clear that the Yankees and Dodgers did the same as the Astros and Red Sox.

Baseball media is a joke. The existence of a private letter from the Commissioner giving the Yankees a slap on the wrist for the same thing the Astros were crucified for was effectively ignored.
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
Am I the only one who thinks Yordon might be older than he says he is?
3B Paul 97
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

this lineup is not good enough to handle Machete in it. not with Vazquez on the bench.

I do not understand.

That seals it. Maldy will have 2 XBH, 2 RBIs and a run scored today.
BadAggie
AG
The 2018 Red Sox did it. How about the 2016 Cubs? Is there another private letter which might put an asterisk on their ring?
First Page Last Page
Page 1423 of 2374

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.