***** Official 2022 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

5,320,489 Views | 83072 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Harry Dunne
The Porkchop Express
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Randy Johnson is legit on photojournalism.

https://rj51photos.com/about/

His galleries are worth a look as well at the same site.

Feels so good, feelin' good again.
RED AG 98
AG
wildlife gallery looks like a Japantiger OB thread
bearkatag15
AG
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
BadAggie
AG
Have the Dodgers figured out Trevor Bauer's safe word yet?
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
I'm just hoping to get to watch tonight's game. I am out of country for work and the time works but we have events in the evening.

I followed along most of last game and finally had a chance to sit down and watch in the 7th…..I passed out sitting on the bed when Hensley was on deck, and woke up to my phone blowing up after the game. I've never been so disappointed in myself
tjack16
AG
Wouldn't hurt my feelings to see the Dodgers and Braves both out after this round
Wabs
AG
CFTXAG10
AG
Make no mistake, that Thunder you hear this morning, Hurricane Framber is coming
Marvin
AG
tjack16 said:

Wouldn't hurt my feelings to see the Dodgers and Braves both out after this round

Add da Yankees.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
cone
AG
Farmer1906
AG
Good morning you beautiful people plus Harry & Deluxe too.

It's gameday.
texasaggie2015
AG
My butthole is clenched.
RED AG 98
AG

txislandag86
Fantastic breakdown:

The Porkchop Express
AG
txislandag86 said:

Fantastic breakdown:

Meanwhile, over on ESPN ...

Feels so good, feelin' good again.
Frok
AG
I have a feeling Yordan will see a few walks today. Time for King Tuck to have his turn.
CFTXAG10
AG
Frok said:

I have a feeling Yordan will see a few walks today pitches dangerously inside
Servais is a *****
txislandag86
Cool camera shot of the bomb.

All I do is Nguyen
Marvin said:

tjack16 said:

Add da Yankees.
No, I want US to ruin the Jankees season. I want to decimate them so they know who daddy is and we can continue to live in their head rent free.
No matter what!
Epstein didn't do, you know, the thing...
I'm the rare Astros/Cowboys/Spurs fan. We do exist
All I do is Nguyen
Also.....

LETS GET THIS GAME TODAY BOYS!!!!!!
No matter what!
Epstein didn't do, you know, the thing...
I'm the rare Astros/Cowboys/Spurs fan. We do exist
Project Gemini
AG
I only want the ring. Dont care who we go through to get it. Heads will explode plenty no matter who we beat on the way. We need a second ring out of this squad to cement the national hate for us that we do it with less money and no trash cans.
JohnnyTexAg1995
Every time I watch the replay from fans cameras on the first base line, it is crazy how fast the ball gets to the second deck… like zero hang time! He literally his a line Drive rope straight to the second deck haha with any more Launch that's an easy 500 ft home run
FrioAg 00
AG
I want the ring, because it's ridiculous for us to get this close this many times and only have one to show for it.

However, at a minimum I want to make the LCS so that we move into 2nd place (solo) all time with a 6 year streak, and we'd be 2 just short of the overall record (Braves at 8 in the 90's)

Mathguy64
AG
117 mph and a 22 degree launch angle. That is tye very definition of a 2nd deck rope.
Ag_07
AG
FrioAg 00 said:

I want the ring, because it's ridiculous for us to get this close this many times and only have one to show for it.

So I see this sentiment a lot and not just here but also from the national media outlets.

They all say we need to win this year more than anyone because we only have one in this golden age.

However, what about the Dodgers? They have arguably more talent, spent WAY more money, have been to just as many LCSs as us, and they only have one WS to show for it. Which BTW was in the clown season of COVID.

Just sayin...
FrioAg 00
AG
That's fair. No one during this era has more than 1 ring.

But let's be honest - when you look at MLB payroll, this is more of a unique era for us than it is for Dodgers or Yankees who just buy their way back into contention.

What we have done over the past 5 seasons and counting is much more amazing that those team being there
RED AG 98
AG
Going from memory after ratholing on this a bit Tuesday evening but I believe:

• 116.7 MPH, Yordan's 2nd hardest hit ball of the year, just a scoche behind a 117.4 heater
  • 10th hardest hit ball in MLB in 2022. A couple of 119 outliers and a whole pile right in the 117 range.
  • 4th hardest postseason homer

Also not sure if this was already posted, there's a great article on mlb.com making the case this was the most valuable postseason performance ever (https://www.mlb.com/astros/news/yordan-alvarez-case-for-best-postseason-game-ever)

Obligatory Homer Simpson reference: Most Valuable Game so far. Let's do it again tonight.
KC_Ag14
AG
Ag_07 said:

FrioAg 00 said:

So I see this sentiment a lot and not just here but also from the national media outlets.

They all say we need to win this year more than anyone because we only have one in this golden age.

However, what about the Dodgers? They have arguably more talent, spent WAY more money, have been to just as many LCSs as us, and they only have one WS to show for it. Which BTW was in the clown season of COVID.

Just sayin...
As much as we all hate acknowledging it, the season we won does have a smear on it. The sustained success since then has validated the championship level of the organization, but I think the final step to putting all of that talk about 2017 to bed is winning another ring. Like Brady winning another Super Bowl after Deflategate. Just win.
Big Al 1992
AG
txislandag86 said:

Cool camera shot of the bomb.

Love how the Mariner's 3rd baseman leaps over the foul line on his way to dugout because we all know something bad might happen if you step on the line. Too late.
LonghornDub
II'm not good at utilities. I edited to correct errors and improve meter. Enlarge if you want to read it.

Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
KC_Ag14 said:

Ag_07 said:

FrioAg 00 said:

Just sayin...
As much as we all hate acknowledging it, the season we won does have a smear on it. The sustained success since then has validated the championship level of the organization, but I think the final step to putting all of that talk about 2017 to bed is winning another ring. Like Brady winning another Super Bowl after Deflategate. Just win.
I dont feel this way at all. Its not like 95% of the criticism we receive about it is based in fact or logic, its just people trying to wind us up. Every team we beat to win the world series was taking advantage of the same exact thing we were. It doesnt bother me in the slightest.
Texaggie7nine
Probably will go over better on Facebook
7nine
EastCoastAgNc
AG

Who could have possibly seen this coming
Ag_07
AG
Can he play CF?
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
SIAP

SI did an article about Luhnow because they just cant let a post season go by without bringing it up.

Astro in Exile

Click hasnt signed a new contract, just saying....
First Page Last Page
Page 1422 of 2374

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.