***** Official 2022 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

5,326,714 Views | 83072 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Harry Dunne
texasaggie2015
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
You know we're spoiled rotten when this many people hate a guy who is our 5th or 6th starter and has a 4.20 ERA
BadAggie
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

You know we're spoiled rotten when this many people hate a guy who is our 5th or 6th starter and has a 4.20 ERA

Blisters Odorizzi?
EastCoastAgNc
AG

Chas and Jake sit
GigEmMortis
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

Odorizzi is a$$
texasaggie2015
AG
He's our 5th or 6th starter. Is he performing up to his contract? No, and that's definitely a reason to be disappointed. But he had that really good stretch before he got hurt and has only had, what, two starts since coming back? I really don't understand the hateful obsession with this guy.
Deluxe
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

He's our 5th or 6th starter. Is he performing up to his contract? No, and that's definitely a reason to be disappointed. But he had that really good stretch before he got hurt and has only had, what, two starts since coming back? I really don't understand the hateful obsession with this guy.
Odo and Maldy are two of the most polarizing/divisive Astros Thread topics in a long time. Maybe dating back to the Ted debates.
texasaggie2015
AG
Haha you're not wrong. Do I get excited to watch Odo pitch? No. Is there a 5th starter anywhere in the league that I would be excited to watch pitch? No.
BadAggie
AG
GigEmMortis said:

texasaggie2015 said:

Odorizzi is a$$

+1
redline248
AG
Real quick...I'll just check Seattle's starter...oh he throws with his left hand, cool. Oh...Chas is 2-4 with a homer vs him? That's nice...let's put him on the bench.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Deluxe
AG
redline248 said:

Real quick...I'll just check Seattle's starter...oh he throws with his left hand, cool. Oh...Chas is 2-4 with a homer vs him? That's nice...let's put him on the bench.
I'm not much of a day-to-day lineup complainer, but not playing Chas against lefties is my exception
Mathguy64
AG
I can't imagine what level of unglued some of you would be at when Fiers was the 5th in 2017 and he threw a no hitter that year. Or Fister in 2016. Or god help us anyone pitching in 2013.
Farmer1906
AG
Robbie Ray is a lefty. He throws the 4 seamer ~43% of the time. Almost 60% fastballs if you include his sinker usage.

So lets look at Astros vs lefty fastballs (all types).

Chas is basically Mike Trout in this scenario.
Mathguy64
AG
And somehow Dubon gets the nod.
texasaggie2015
AG
Maybe we're about to trade Chas
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Good ole Dusty!
Farmer1906
AG
He throws a slider ~38%. Slider from lefty #s

Chas is still better.

On another note, let's see how many fastballs Yuli gets vs sliders. Such a huge difference.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
redline248
AG
Again, this is the sort of thing that I have to believe Click and the nerds know, Dusty should know, and about which Dusty doesn't care.
Farmer1906
AG
redline248 said:

Again, this is the sort of thing that I have to believe Click and the nerds know, Dusty should know, and about which Dusty doesn't care.
Agreed.

It looks me just a few seconds to pull the data from a public source. I would hope they have better info with tools to write an optimized starting lineup (not so much the order, but just the 9 guys who fair best with positions optimized)

Edit: Or maybe they have a piece of info that says Chas shouldn't play. His GF dumped him, he stubbed his toe, he stayed up playing CoD all night, etc.
Farmer1906
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Assuming all goes well.

8/2 - Rehab Start #3
8/7 - Rehand Start #4
8/13 - Back in the Bigs vs OAK

This means he should be able to get in ~10 starts to help during the stretch run and be ready and fresh for the postseason.
BadAggie
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Great troll
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

This makes zero sense?
AggiEE
Throws with his good arm to keep it strong

Doesn't want to potentially hurt his bad shoulder
redline248
AG
Odorizzi is not that bad. It's just that, generally, we can't come back from 4, 5, 6 run leads...which he's given up a number of times. There might be a borderline wild card team out there in need of a veteran pitcher to shore up a rotation, or to next year help push a team rebuild up...

one can hope, right?
EastCoastAgNc
AG
MaxPower
Nope, don't like that
EastCoastAgNc
AG
I agree. It's like handing dusty a fully loaded gun.
texasaggie2015
AG
Derek Bell hits a walk-off home run in the 12th - YouTube

This popped up on my suggested videos and wow what an incredible watch this is
Mr.Bond
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

Derek Bell hits a walk-off home run in the 12th - YouTube

This popped up on my suggested videos and wow what an incredible watch this is

Biggio could pass for a young Tom Brady in this video
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

scrimp
AG
It's interesting the personal hate that athletes and other celebrities get online and in the stadiums. Fiers, Maldy, Odo, Taylor all got some hate in the last couple of pages here. I can understand being frustrated in how Maldy, Odo, and Taylor perform during games, but some people act like these players are intentionally not performing and would only be happy if said player committed seppuku immediately after striking out or getting tagged for a HR.....
LonghornDub
Right. I'm old.
God made the country, and man made the town. William Cowper

redline248
AG
scrimp said:

It's interesting the personal hate that athletes and other celebrities get online and in the stadiums. Fiers, Maldy, Odo, Taylor all got some hate in the last couple of pages here. I can understand being frustrated in how Maldy, Odo, and Taylor perform during games, but some people act like these players are intentionally not performing and would only be happy if said player committed seppuku immediately after striking out or getting tagged for a HR.....
There is a difference in wanting to bench a player for someone else and what BadAggie said. Most of the stuff is not real hate.
LonghornDub
Deluxe said:

Farmer1906 said:

I love our Nerds and Ownership.

Me too.

LonghornDub
redline248 said:

YesOdorizzi is not that bad. It's just that, generally, we can't come back from 4, 5, 6 run leads...which he's given up a number of times. There might be a borderline wild card team out there in need of a veteran pitcher to shore up a rotation, or to next year help push a team rebuild up...

one can hope, right?
Yes

First Page Last Page
Page 766 of 2374

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.