***** Official 2022 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

5,326,874 Views | 83072 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Harry Dunne
Mathguy64
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yordan leads the league in ISO at .365. Judge is next at .360, then Trout at .330 and Buxton at .319. No one else in the league is above .300 and the league average is .153.

That's power. Plain and simple raw bone crushing power.
Farmer1906
AG
The MLB trade deadline deals we'd like to see

Quote:

The Chicago Cubs should trade Willson Contreras to the ...

Doolittle: It's pretty clear teams like the Houston Astros and Tampa Bay Rays don't assign value to the catcher position with the same methodology that goes into the calculation of WAR metrics. Because both of those teams seem to always have a glaring hole behind the plate according to WAR and yet they win and continue to be considered among the smartest organizations around. With that caveat: An Astros lineup that has the potential for near perfection ranks dead last there, according to any kind of consensus WAR measure.

With recent rumors suggesting Houston might be willing to move a controllable starter like Jose Urquidy, the Astros and Cubs start to match up nicely. This assumes Houston really does feel like it can do better than Martin Maldonado behind the plate.

---

The Washington Nationals should trade Josh Bell to the ...

Doolittle: Bell also makes a lot of sense for the Astros, but I'm trying to spread things around, so I'm sending him to the Cleveland Guardians. Any team acquiring Bell has to go in with its eyes open, knowing it is more likely to get the player Bell is likely to be going forward than the player who had an All-Star-level first half.

For Cleveland, Bell is an upgrade at first base in either scenario, and the Guardians would not have any trouble in meeting Washington's asking price. And if Bell is actually able to replicate his first-half production, that could be enough to get the Guardians over the top in what figures to be tight races for the AL Central title and/or the sixth playoff slot in the AL.

Farmer1906
AG
linkdude
AG
Hmmmmmmm
LonghornDub
We've been resting guys so they'll be fresh for the off season. Don't trade them (specially pitching) for some that have already peaked out. Bregman, Yuli, Maldanado and Urquidy are all doing better lately. I hope Quick isn't trying to impress the sportswriters who basically know nothing.
God made the country, and man made the town. William Cowper

BadAggie
AG
Sellers want 'high return' for impending free agents 4 days before deadline.

Sellers will in reality get a team's 14th best prospect in return and like it at the deadline.

Again sports journalists and commentators are the dumbest MFers out there.
BadAggie
AG
linkdude said:

Hmmmmmmm

Maybe there's something immediate to be announced or the team told him he would be traded by the deadline.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
LonghornDub said:

We've been resting guys so they'll be fresh for the off season. Don't trade them (specially pitching) for some that have already peaked out. Bregman, Yuli, Maldanado and Urquidy are all doing better lately. I hope Quick isn't trying to impress the sportswriters who basically know nothing.
Im assuming you mean *post* season not off
EastCoastAgNc
AG
astros4545
AG
BadAggie said:

linkdude said:

Hmmmmmmm

Maybe there's something immediate to be announced or the team told him he would be traded by the deadline.

There is still another series before deadline
Makes me think something is imminent
BadAggie
AG
If Urquidy is going to Chicago it means more then just Contreras in return.
BadAggie
AG
Good point.

Everyone's different, sure he's heard the rumors, but hearing it 'officially' that he will be traded could've set him off.

Or yes trade is imminent. I hope the latter
BadAggie
AG
Could Urquidy help land Happ and Contreras?
Farmer1906
AG
One thing to keep in mind on these deadline deals - the QO is back in play. The offer for these guys has to be well over a end of first/ start of second draft pick. That pick also grows the bonus pool and provides more flexibility in the drafts.
AggiEE
Is Contreras a head case?
redline248
AG
LonghornDub said:

When you go on a hot streak and raise your average to .170 what happens when you cool back off?

Granted, of Maldy's 39 hits this season 15 of them have been in July. That gives him a .250 average for the month. Can he keep up that pace for 3 more months? Would you bet on that (hypothetically)?
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Farmer1906
AG
Remember yesterday (Two days go maybe?) when we signed all our key draft picks to 4.8 % over the bonus pool. The real penalties don't kick in unto you hit 5%.

Now compare to one of the worst run orgs.

I love our Nerds and Ownership. It annoys me when someone compared the Texans rebuild to the Astros one. I'd argue the Texans are much closer to the Rockies or Tigers than Astros.
FredMc92
BadAggie said:

I mean, have you read the posts on this thread? Some posters give those guys a run for their money!
astros4545
AG
EastCoastAgNc
AG
They could just be trolling, who knows
wangus12
AG
Farmer1906 said:

I assume they plan to let him own the franchise with their final offer
EastCoastAgNc
AG
KTAG05
AG
I see no such insta story
Deluxe
AG
Farmer1906 said:

I love our Nerds and Ownership.
redline248
AG
FredMc92 said:

BadAggie said:

I mean, have you read the posts on this thread? Some posters give those guys a run for their money!
go ahead and give names, buddy
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
FredMc92 said:

BadAggie said:

Major difference I think is on here at least people are passionate for their own reasons. And know about our own organization at least. Sports writers literally put out trash and BS just to get content and people talking.

This thread at least doesn't have a many trolls saying stuff just to stir the pot
Farmer1906
AG
Lonestar_Ag09 said:

FredMc92 said:

BadAggie said:

Major difference I think is on here at least people are passionate for their own reasons. And know about our own organization at least. Sports writers literally put out trash and BS just to get content and people talking.

This thread at least doesn't have a many trolls saying stuff just to stir the pot
I can change that. Just say the word and I'll start posting.

IF THE HOUSTON STROS DO NOT GO AND GET CONTRERAS AND BELL THEY MIGHT AS WELL SELL THE TEAM. THEY'RE NOT IN IT TO WIN IT ALL. HOW DO YOU LET CARLOS CORREA AND GEORGE SPRING WALK WITHOUT GOING OUT AND FINDING BIG BAT REPLACEMENTS? THEY HAVE NO PRODUCTION AT 1ST AND CATCHER. FIRST THEY'RE CHEATERS. NOW THEY'RE PRETENDERS.

AND ILL HOLLA
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Lonestar_Ag09 said:

FredMc92 said:

BadAggie said:

IF THE HOUSTON STROS DO NOT GO AND GET CONTRERAS AND BELL THEY MIGHT AS WELL SELL THE TEAM. THEY'RE NOT IN IT TO WIN IT ALL. HOW DO YOU LET CARLOS CORREA AND GEORGE SPRING WALK WITHOUT GOING OUT AND FINDING BIG BAT REPLACEMENTS? THEY HAVE NO PRODUCTION AT 1ST AND CATCHER. FIRST THEY'RE CHEATERS. NOW THEY'RE PRETENDERS.

AND ILL HOLLA
Sir this is a Wendy's
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
That's way too close to some on here I guess. But I appreciate your radio caller impersonation
CFTXAG10
AG
Quote:

AND ILL HOLLA
I read this in "Larry in Stafford's" voice btw
BadAggie
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

L already penciled in for Sunday.
Ag_07
AG
Farmer1906 [b said:

IF THE DEM NERDS DOWN THERE ON CRAWFORD SKREET DO NOT GO AND GET CONTRERAS AND BELL THEY MIGHT AS WELL SELL THE TEAM. THEY'RE NOT IN IT TO WIN IT ALL. HOW DO YOU LET CARLOS CORREA AND GEORGE SPRING WALK WITHOUT GOING OUT AND FINDING BIG BAT REPLACEMENTS? THEY HAVE NO PRODUCTION AT 1ST AND CATCHER. FIRST THEY'RE CHEATERS. NOW THEY'RE PRETENDERS.

AND ILL HOLLA

FIFY
FredMc92
redline248 said:

FredMc92 said:

BadAggie said:

go ahead and give names, buddy

Just read any game thread - they aren't hard to spot!
First Page Last Page
Page 765 of 2374

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.