***** Official 2022 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

5,331,720 Views | 83072 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Harry Dunne
Mr.Bond
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Preface: before this turns political, take it to F16

I do not want the Astros to trade for anyone who isn't fully vaxxed. If we have to go to Toronto in the playoffs and we can't bring them with us, what a waste of resources to trade for them. I do wonder if that's why we didn't sign Graveman or Raley (both unvaxxed).

Ooooor..... the mlb can say FOOK YOU Toronto and move their playoff games to Florida
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

MaxPower
I really hope Toronto gets a home playoff game just to watch Manfred's head explode trying to handle this. I have to imagine every team has some players unvaxxed.
Ag_07
AG
What does Manfred have to do with it? Isn't it a Canadian government deal?
EastCoastAgNc
AG

Yuli hitting fifth. Let your rage flow
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Ag_07 said:

Yes. He has no say. I can guarantee you the Canadian gvmt won't take away their one MLB teams massive home field advantage.
TRM
AG
Ag_07 said:

They could have forced Toronto to play in Buffalo like last year.
Oyster DuPree
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Ag_07 said:

Yes. He has no say. I can guarantee you the Canadian gvmt won't take away their one MLB teams massive home field advantage.

He certainly wouldn't do it, but I would assume he could unilaterally move their playoff games anywhere he wanted them. He moved the All-Star Game last year on two months notice, right?
redline248
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Altuve
Pena
Tucker
Bregman
Diaz
Meyers
Yuli
JJ
Maldy

But Diaz reached base 4 times last night, so that's too much running for his poow wittle wegs, right Dusty?

Should we set an O/U for how many RISP Yuli leaves on base, tonight? 3.5 sound good?
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Oyster DuPree said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

Ag_07 said:

He certainly wouldn't do it, but I would assume he could unilaterally move their playoff games anywhere he wanted them. He moved the All-Star Game last year on two months notice, right?

One is an exhibition game. The other is not. Apples and Ferraris
tjack16
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

He's going to get plenty of RBI opportunities to not cash in on

(Hoping for a reverse jinx)
Oyster DuPree
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Oyster DuPree said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

Ag_07 said:

One is an exhibition game. The other is not. Apples and Ferraris

I'm simply saying that he wouldn't have to undermine the entire Canadian government… the idiot can administrate his league as he sees fit. Again, he would never move Toronto's playoff games to Houma, LA… but he could if he wanted to
Farmer1906
AG
W
AG
wow, what a boost for the slumping Blue Jays.

4 games at home vs. KC...

and the Royals will be missing Whit, Benintendi, Dozier, Melendez, Keller, Singer, et al
Farmer1906
AG
That is 100% bull crap.

This will never ever happen but here is how you make it right.

1. For every player out due to nonsense vax laws, the opposing team selects a player to remove from the game. If we play them and say Stanek & Tucker can't play then we would select Vlad and Bo to sit out as well.

2. The opposing teams gets all their games at their stadium.

3. the BlueJays host in at a US site like say Omaha.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
W
AG
and another nice thing for those 10 players...

their all-star break starts tomorrow.

will get a full 8 days of rest
Farmer1906
AG
Velo down

Mr President Elect
AG
Farmer1906 said:

That is 100% bull crap.

This will never ever happen but here is how you make it right.

1. For every player out due to nonsense vax laws, the opposing team selects a player to remove from the game. If we play them and say Stanek & Tucker can't play then we would select Vlad and Bo to sit out as well.

2. The opposing teams gets all their games at their stadium.

3. the BlueJays host in at a US site like say Omaha.
They should definitely do 2 or 3 if the BJ's get to host in the playoffs. They played in NY for a bit already b/c of this, so they should probably just host there. Too big of a punishment for the opposing team for something non-baseball related. Probably not going to happen though.
W
AG
Dusty needs to make sure Cole and Nestor pitch in the all-star game.

NYY might have to bring up a AAA guy to start the DH
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
The new bun b collection dropped today, the line was around the stadium, people lined up at 8:00am for 713 day. The A hat is Sick

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cf9A3J2gqKU/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

https://www.instagram.com/tv/Cf87VkEAmFI/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
Farmer1906
AG
I like the A one. I bought a similar one a few years back. Those patches all over it look silly to me.

https://www.neweracap.com/products/houston-astros-summer-nights-59fifty-fitted
MaxPower
TRM said:

Ag_07 said:

They could have forced Toronto to play in Buffalo like last year.
Yup, he *could* do something. Or he could do nothing. In either scenario, he will get obliterated. Either he takes away a team's home playoff game, makes a team play without players (some of which may be stars) or he effectively forced players to get vaxxed that clearly don't want to. Lose, lose, lose for the biggest loser of them all. Couldn't happen to a better clown.
Mathguy64
AG
I could have sworn Judge was not vaxxed and that he had played in Toronto.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Keeper of The Spirits said:

The new bun b collection dropped today, the line was around the stadium, people lined up at 8:00am for 713 day. The A hat is Sick

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cf9A3J2gqKU/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

https://www.instagram.com/tv/Cf87VkEAmFI/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

I agree. All the designed made me throw up in my mouth
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
I don't understand Houston. The city is constantly promoted like it's nothing but the hood. It's pretty damn annoying in my opinion…and despite a "line around the corner" how many folks that are actually Astros fans would buy those trash hats.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
W
AG
somebody break up the Mariners (47-42).

swept a DH from the Nationals today.

won 10-in-a-row
Farmer1906
AG
It's hip hop. If it's not your thing, fine.

Listening to Bun, he taking about diversity of people yet coming together. Doesn't seem "hood" to me.
shano0603
AG
This game ever gonna start? Shoot, it may not end until morning.
W
AG
lead walk for Altuve
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
I have most of the previous hats from the Bun B collections and love the style everything but the A hat is probably out of my range but I'm also not a new balance rocking cargo shorts and Aggie polo wearing type (not that theirs anything wrong with that)

To me Bun B is presenting Houston a lot like Anthony Bourdain did as a bad ass cosmopolitan super diverse working class city that is stylistically unique with black, whites, Hispanics and Asians all willing to throw down together over good food, cold beer and local music
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Farmer1906 said:

It's hip hop. If it's not your thing, fine.

Listening to Bun, he taking about diversity of people yet coming together. Doesn't seem "hood" to me.

I get that and it's not. It's just annoying to me how that is the main face of our City. Hip hop and rap, ugly a*s spinners Paul Wall, that horrible H hand signal etc. Houston's biggest draw of the year is the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo for goodness sake but the other 11 months of the year is that trash.

To each their own who like it good for them but I just don't see why on a large scale it's pushed so much. Especially for baseball
Marvin
AG
Everyone on the planet knew McCormick would offer on a slider away with two strikes.

Why he is still in an Astros uniform, much less batting second, is a mystery. Worth-less.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Lonestar_Ag09 said:

I don't understand Houston. The city is constantly promoted like it's nothing but the hood. It's pretty damn annoying in my opinion…and despite a "line around the corner" how many folks that are actually Astros fans would buy those trash hats.
That hardcore 49-year-old gang banger Bun B is a villain!

Life is better with a beagle
First Page Last Page
Page 607 of 2374

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.