***** Official 2022 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

5,333,962 Views | 83072 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Harry Dunne
CFTXAG10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
End of the day it's name recognition and the major networks marketing the **** out of Ohtani
Oyster DuPree
AG
BCEDAg said:

The Astros are 17-4 since the 6/14 game at Arlington against the Rangers. That's the game when Seager decided to throw home to get an out instead of turning an easy double play. The throw home resulted in a botched pickle play that allowed the Astros to score four runs in the eighth inning and eventually win the game

I forgot about that
EastCoastAgNc
AG

The angels can have the all star game... We'll continue to own them on the field where it matters
Mathguy64
AG
I wonder if Ohtani will pitch as well. I can see him being named the starter and DH so that MLB can milk it.

I wonder now if Yordan will tell MLB to pound sand over the home run contest.
BCEDAg
AG
Even thought it would be awesome to see Alvarez participate in the HR derby, I hope he doesn't because a lot of players screw up their swing so much it has a negative effect in the second half of the season. Rather see Yordan rest during the break and come out blazing.
MaxPower
Beau Holder said:

I am already so weary of seeing Diaz and Dubon in the same lineup
No love for machete?
Max Power
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

The angels can have the all star game... We'll continue to own them on the field where it matters
They can put their MVP trophies right next to their 4th place divisional pennants.
EastCoastAgNc
AG

EastCoastAgNc
AG
EastCoastAgNc
AG
KTAG05
AG
Mathguy64 said:

I wonder if Ohtani will pitch as well. I can see him being named the starter and DH so that MLB can milk it.

I wonder now if Yordan will tell MLB to pound sand over the home run contest.

If JV isn't the starter then fire Dusty
Mathguy64
AG
I didn't think the manager made that choice any more.
Mathguy64
AG
Actually thinking about it, participating in the contest and launching Cuban Puss Missiles out of the stadium would do wonders for his brand.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Ag_07
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

End of the day it's name recognition and the major networks marketing the **** out of Ohtani

When the whole country of Japan is voting for Ohtani Yordan never stood a chance.
Mathguy64
AG
Ag_07 said:

CFTXAG10 said:

When the whole country of Japan is voting for Ohtani Yordan never stood a chance.

Yeah but Yordan has the whole country of Cuba voting for him.

Yeah Nevermind.
f1ghtintexasaggie
BoSox RF just lost a pop fly in the lights and was freaking out. Got a good chuckle. And they gave up what ended up being the game-winning run yesterday on an infield fly missed by their 1B!
BCEDAg
AG
Arroyo misplaying that fly ball hit by Gallo resulted in a triple. Lol still not a sacrifice fly by Gallo.
Ciboag96
Get rid of fan voting. All star games mean something contractually for the players.
Kashchei
AG
Maybe it's because I'm an Astros fan, or maybe it's because I'm a bad baseball fan, but I couldn't care less about Trout and Ohtani. Particularly the latter.

Yeah, they may be generational talents, but if you're on a suck team (and CHOSE to be on a suck team), and you're not competing for championships, who cares?

The media can slobber all they want over Ohtani, I'll take another division crown and chance at the WS again, thank you very much.
Mathguy64
AG
Hey Tucker. Sign an extension and Scott will get you out of a crappy windshield gig and into a real commercial.
BCEDAg
AG
Trout and Ohtani play in LA so get a lot of media slobberness. Bet if they played in Milwaukee, Miami, Pittsburgh or Kansas City the media would hardly ever talk about them.
W
AG
Blackburn has had a good season, but the Astros roughed him up earlier this year
BCEDAg
AG
Anyone notice TK referring to Julia as Julia Brown in stead of Morales?
CFTXAG10
AG
Not this **** again
MAROON
AG
There can't be more than a few thousand fans at this game
Mathguy64
AG
Nice strike call to open the game.

Not.
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
Farmer1906
AG
Trout has been the best player for the last decade. He's special and if he ages well then he'll be an all timer among all timers.

Ohtani is doing something that has never been done. Its not overhyped in my mind.

Just because they don't have October success doesn't erase the rest. We still recognize the greatness of Baggy and Bidge, don't we?

That said it's sweet to continually beat their future HOF asses.
Beau Holder
AG
Don't throw Diaz a fastball and you'll strike him out. That's the entire scouting report.
Mathguy64
AG
And this zone is already comical.
BCEDAg
AG
I know her husband's last name. That's why it's strange TK called her Julia Brown not once but twice.
W
AG
yeesh, 3 rough at-bats --- not picking up the offspeed
Post removed:
by user
First Page Last Page
Page 576 of 2374

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.