***** Official 2022 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

5,318,599 Views | 83072 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Harry Dunne
EastCoastAgNc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Good to know he isn't injured
EastCoastAgNc
AG

Not sure if it was posted but he got a tribute pregame
agproducer
AG

Nice.
W
AG
checking in with George north of the border...(and it's been a while since we've checked in)...

Springer got off to a torrid start in April --- in part due to his 3 home runs vs. the Astros...but he has cooled off as the weather has warmed up.

OPS by month:

April ---> .947
May ---> .800
June ---> .771
July ---> .508

that adds up to a season OPS of .808 at the moment --- about 100 points below his OPS with the Blue Jays last year (.907)...and about 165 points below his last full season with the Astros (.974 in 2019)
Deluxe
AG
Farmer1906 said:

And just like that we have the best offense in baseball. And y'all were worried 2 weeks ago.

Never a doubt
MaxPower
I would still gladly take him back. He is a Stro all timer.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
EastCoastAgNc
AG
MaxPower said:

One thing you could always count on was him playing out of his mind in the postseason
spadilly
S
The Angels have fallen below the O's in the AL standings now.
n_touch
spadilly said:

The Angels have fallen below the O's in the AL standings now.

In all fairness, Joe wasn't wrong. They are close to the Astros, he just didn't specify that it was the 2013 team
LonghornDub
EastCoastAgNc said:

MaxPower said:

One thing you could always count on was him playing out of his mind in the postseason
I loved George Springer, but……..

……he played so hard he was always in danger of hurting himself and being our for long periods of time. Baseball contracts are mostly guaranteed regardless of injury. My priority for spending is pitching, but even there a mid-market team can't go crazy. So I agreed with the Astros decisions on Springer, Cole and Correa (who also missed time for different reasons). If they aren't playing it doesn't matter how good they are. I miss them all, but I love the continuity of excellence of this team and attribute it to the intelligence and knowledge of baseball of the owner.
God made the country, and man made the town. William Cowper

Furlock Bones
AG
Love Springer.
Prosperdick
AG
Question from last night...the Yordan sac fly put out at home, why didn't KC challenge? That play was VERY close and depending on when Maldy actually tagged him he could have been ruled safe.

I've seen plays that are way more definitive still go to New York so curious why no challenge or did it occur during the commercial break?
Mr.Bond
AG
It was pretty obvious from multiple angles
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

Satellite of Love
For those defending Odo's terrible start, Max Scherzer was able to return to the Met's rotation by striking out 11 and didn't give up a run…
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Satellite of Love said:

For those defending Odo's terrible start, Max Scherzer was able to return to the Met's rotation by striking out 11 and didn't give up a run…

MAROON
AG
From the reaction of the Royals batter on deck and Dozier it would seem it was the right call. Neither called for the headphones
What do you boys want for breakfast BBQ ?.....OK Chili.
texasaggie2015
AG
Satellite of Love said:

One of these guys is a future hall of famer. Really hope my sarcasm radar is broken this morning.

Even if he wasn't coming off an injury, Odo had been on fire. He was due for a rough outing. They happen. That's baseball.

Come on, people.
Big Al 1992
AG
TarponChaser said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

People seem shocked by his arm. Hell, with his size and athleticism I'd be shocked if he didn't have a canon.

That's what she said.
BMX Bandit
Satellite of Love said:

Exactly.

Did y'all see Yordan after he came back? Tell Max Stassi no more excuses!!
Deluxe
AG
Satellite of Love said:

If this is a troll, it's pretty solid. I was tempted to rebut.
Moe Jzyslak
AG
Prosperdick
AG
TarponChaser said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

People seem shocked by his arm. Hell, with his size and athleticism I'd be shocked if he didn't have a canon.
That play last night reminded me of Dave Parker's throw in the all-star game (of course it was right field and not a sac fly) but the size of Parker reminds me a lot of Yordan.

Heck, they even both throw right and bat left (although you would never confuse Parker's batting stance with Alvarez's).

Furlock Bones
AG
The stanks have played 43 games at home and 38 on the road including the last 3. So they amassed their lead playing at home. The Stros have played 37 at home. 43 on the road.

Their pitching staff are coming back to earth. The stanks setting a league record of even coming close was always fools gold.

Now the question is when do the Stros run them down? I say by the 2nd week of August.
Deluxe
AG
Furlock Bones said:

The stanks have played 43 games at home and 38 on the road including the last 3. So they amassed their lead playing at home. The Stros have played 37 at home. 43 on the road.

Their pitching staff are coming back to earth. The stanks setting a league record of even coming close was always fools gold.

Now the question is when do the Stros run them down? I say by the 2nd week of August.

I originally said we'd be within 4 by the all star break but I need to revise that down to 2. Or maybe catch them altogether.
chris93
AG
Big Al 1992 said:

TarponChaser said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

That's what she said.
Yordan's like my boy Johann Pachelbel -- he's got a canon on D.
bearkatag15
AG

cool look at Union Station then and now
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
bearkatag15
AG

Did not know the term "out of left field" came from a mental hospital just past left field at Wrigley...
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
Faustus
bearkatag15 said:

Did not know the term "out of left field" came from a mental hospital just past left field at Wrigley...
The mental hospital was at West Side Park, which apparently was in the medical district according to Wiki.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_Side_Park#:~:text=One%20of%20his%20first%20acts,survives%20today%20as%20Wrigley%20Field.

The move to Weeghman Park came in 1916, which was renamed Cubs Park from 1920-1926, and then Wrigley Field in 1927. It was named after chewing gum magnate William Wrigley Jr., who acquired the Cubs in 1921.

Wiki was doing work for me this morning.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wrigley_Field

I had no idea about the origination of the term "out of left field" either.

Big Al 1992
AG
Prosperdick said:

TarponChaser said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

That play last night reminded me of Dave Parker's throw in the all-star game (of course it was right field and not a sac fly) but the size of Parker reminds me a lot of Yordan.

Heck, they even both throw right and bat left (although you would never confuse Parker's batting stance with Alvarez's).

That's a great comparison to Yordan - Dave Parker - one of my favorites. Except for the whole coke in the clubhouse thing.
Johnsy3
AG

Where do we think Yordan ends up?
For his career he hits 1 HR every 3.53 games. This season, he's hitting one every 2.84 games.
Mathguy64
AG
If those idiots keep throwing changeups to him he should get to 100 in about a week. 10 days tops.
Ag_07
AG
Honestly seems like way more often that that.
TarponChaser
Big Al 1992 said:

Prosperdick said:

TarponChaser said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

That's a great comparison to Yordan - Dave Parker - one of my favorites. Except for the whole coke in the clubhouse thing.

It was the 80's, I'm pretty sure that was almost universal in MLB at the time. They still had a big clubhouse jar of amphetamines ("greenies") back then too.
agdaddy04
AG
Looking at going to Seattle for a game and then follow that up with Oakland if I can make the work travel schedule around it. I've been used to Rockies ticket deals but apparently neither of those clubs feel it's necessary to fill the stadium, just find that a little odd.

Any recommendations on where to sit in those stadiums?
First Page Last Page
Page 559 of 2374

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.