***** Official 2022 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

5,311,754 Views | 83072 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Harry Dunne
Coby
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
OKCAg2002 said:

Any nerds on this thread? I've been using Uzzu.tv to stream games in OKC but the service looks like it went belly up. OKC is considered a Houston market for some reason, so the games are blacked out on the MLB.tv package. I went ahead and got a VPN service and signed up for an MLB.tv trial. It seems to work pretty well on the laptop, but I can't get the games to load on the phone because it says that I'm in an area under blackout restrictions. I turned off location settings and still it won't work.

Any advice? I suppose I can just use my laptop the rest of the season, but I'd much rather use my phone and cast it on the TV.

mlb66.ir

Go to that site. It works on the phone or a browser. It's super easy and honestly should be pinned on this entire board. You can go full screen on the phone or open on a Chrome based browser and cast the tab to a device.
texasaggie2015
AG
Does anyone know how to get Diamond Club tickets at MMP? Bouncing around ideas for my 30th birthday and this came to mind. I've never sat down there and think it would be a cool experience. I vaguely remember there being a special process.
Teddy Perkins
AG
OKCAg2002 said:

Any nerds on this thread? I've been using Uzzu.tv to stream games in OKC but the service looks like it went belly up. OKC is considered a Houston market for some reason, so the games are blacked out on the MLB.tv package. I went ahead and got a VPN service and signed up for an MLB.tv trial. It seems to work pretty well on the laptop, but I can't get the games to load on the phone because it says that I'm in an area under blackout restrictions. I turned off location settings and still it won't work.

Any advice? I suppose I can just use my laptop the rest of the season, but I'd much rather use my phone and cast it on the TV.
If you have a FireTV or SmartTV with the Fire OS, you can use the free ProtonVPN and a subscription to MLB.tv. Not sure what other platforms the ProtonVPN app is available (Xbox/Roku/Samsung/Chromecast) but I can confirm it works on the FireTV platform.
MAROON
AG
loma_vista78 said:

Tired of series losses to the mariners. I think that's 3 out of 4 series lost to them this year, right?
we've lost more series (2) to the Mariners in the same period, than the Angels have won games (0).
What do you boys want for breakfast BBQ ?.....OK Chili.
Ag_07
AG
Yordan getting some love

https://www.mlb.com/news/yordan-alvarez-best-hitter-in-baseball-2022
Deluxe
AG
MAROON said:

loma_vista78 said:

Tired of series losses to the mariners. I think that's 3 out of 4 series lost to them this year, right?
we've lost more series (2) to the Mariners in the same period, than the Angels have won games (0).
And both teams will be watching us on TV in October
EastCoastAgNc
AG

I'm not advocating violence...
The Porkchop Express
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

I believe is Astro legend Aurelio "Senor Smoke" Lopez on the mound!
Feels so good, feelin' good again.
spadilly
S

Off days…

baseballaficionado
texasaggie2015 said:

Does anyone know how to get Diamond Club tickets at MMP? Bouncing around ideas for my 30th birthday and this came to mind. I've never sat down there and think it would be a cool experience. I vaguely remember there being a special process.

You just have to find them on the aftermarket websites. I have seen them on Stubhub and Ticketcity before, but even weaker teams, on weekdays, are pretty expensive. I recall $1K+ a ticket.

The last time (pre-covid) I was in the Diamond Club, they had an awesome seafood tower, hot food, etc. and that is all free with the tickets.
texasaggie2015
AG
My dad and I always talked about how cool it would be to sit down there. Really want to splurge and buy a pair to spend my 30th with him before he gets too old to be able to do things like that.
baseballaficionado
texasaggie2015 said:

My dad and I always talked about how cool it would be to sit down there. Really want to splurge and buy a pair to spend my 30th with him before he gets too old to be able to do things like that.

It sounds like it would be well worth it and a fun splurge for you and him. I would check the big boys first for the exact game you want -- Stubhub, Vivid and Seatgeek. If I couldn't find them there, I have had good luck with Ticketcity for stuff, but they are an Austin company. They can do special requests if you call or go down to their office. Maybe Houston has something similar with even better access to premium Astros tickets. Someone else might be able chime in if they know of a Houston ticket broker.

Also, if you or your Dad have an AMEX card, try the concierge line.

Best of luck!
Texaggie7nine
Quick look at stub hub, they are very hard to find available but I found one game that has 4 available for $899 each.

https://www.stubhub.com/houston-astros-houston-tickets-8-25-2022/event/105054186/?sections=311203&ticketClasses=2408
7nine
n_touch
Texaggie7nine said:

Quick look at stub hub, they are very hard to find available but I found one game that has 4 available for $899 each.

https://www.stubhub.com/houston-astros-houston-tickets-8-25-2022/event/105054186/?sections=311203&ticketClasses=2408
Texaggie7nine
Yeah, and what sucks is seeing all the empty seats there in the less headliner games. So many corporate owners that just let them go empty.
7nine
redline248
AG
Next time Yuli strikes out can we update that gif with Click's face looking around for 1B help?
redline248
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

Just a heads up in case anyone is unaware... The "Houston Astros Ticket Exchange" on Facebook is where I've been getting my tickets. It's a bunch of season ticket holders who give their tickets away for games they can't go to. You can find some great deals and don't have to pay fees. You can post a date that you want to go to and you'll have 20-30 offers by the end of the day. I sat in the Crawford Boxes last night for $50/ticket. Not bad for dollar dog night with JV on the mound.
I don't Facebook, but you might want to see if any diamond tix are available here.
Farmer1906
AG
I sat there several years ago. It was a connection to some rich saudi oil guy. You're going to have to know someone most likely.
texasaggie2015
AG
Oh yeah, I have.

Thanks for the help guys. I knew it was a long shot and would cost an arm and a leg but figured it was worth a try.
EastCoastAgNc
AG

AA, 1B and catcher prospect
Farmer1906
AG
I saw that earlier. I wonder if he can leap-frog Lee in the pecking order for catcher.
MAROON
AG
The food is good but not that good. Drinks are still pricey.

Sat on the third row last night. I actually prefer the club sections right behind home for a better view of the action

Was giving Winker crap for sucking so hard on my fantasy team. He didn't seem to care!

FrioAg 00
AG
So you're the reason he got on base 3 times, with a run scored and an RBI? Great job.
n_touch
I agree on the Club seats. Just about the right height to see the whole field and not feel to far away from the action and about $1700 cheaper.
EastCoastAgNc
AG

These guys are gonna wish they had Maddon back
texasaggie2015
AG
I love the club level. Sit there all the time. My dad and I have just always talked about someday sitting in the Diamond Club "if we ever get rich" so I thought this would be a cool thing to surprise him with.
MAROON
AG
Food is great. Fried chicken is awesome. Ice cream sundays as well. Dangerous place if you like candy - great candy area. Everything is "free" except for booze
texasaggie2015
AG
Not a big sweets guy but I would probably need to be rolled out on a wheelchair from eating all that fried chicken
CFTXAG10
AG
I have seen the diamond club seats pop up on stubhub from time to time but they are usually pretty high. I think there is a # on the Astros website you can contact to purchase.

All those sections are dangerous with the food (Diamond, Gallagher, etc.). I sat in the Insperity Club Tuesday night and they definitely have a lot of options. You won't leave hungry.
LonghornDub
Dhelloimustbegoing said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

I believe is Astro legend Aurelio "Senor Smoke" Lopez on the mound!
Did Angel call two balls on one pitch?
God made the country, and man made the town. William Cowper

Big Cat `93
AG
I got to go to a game against SD (well, game plus: it started with the finish of the suspended game from Larry Dierker's seizure) in the equivalent of the Diamond Club at the Dome. The spread was legit back then, as well. Jose Lima was walking around before the game looking for kids to give T shirts to. That was a pretty fun day.
texasaggie2015
AG
Quote:

Jose Lima was walking around before the game looking for kids to give T shirts to.
Jose Lima was amazing. My personal Lima story...

My dad would take me to Astros games several hours before the game and we would wait outside where the players entered. Some would stop and sign autographs. Lima would stop every single time.

I was probably 9 years old when he pulled up to sign and I said I liked his car. He asked my dad's permission and let me sit in the front seat and drove me around the block. One of the coolest things ever for a 9 year old.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

Quote:

Jose Lima was walking around before the game looking for kids to give T shirts to.
Jose Lima was amazing. My personal Lima story...

My dad would take me to Astros games several hours before the game and we would wait outside where the players entered. Some would stop and sign autographs. Lima would stop every single time.

I was probably 9 years old when he pulled up to sign and I said I liked his car. He asked my dad's permission and let me sit in the front seat and drove me around the block. One of the coolest things ever for a 9 year old.
What was his car....?
texasaggie2015
AG
I was 8 or 9 years old. I honestly couldn't begin to tell you.

I'll need to see if I can dig up some old pictures. Regardless, he was a fun dude that's for sure.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Similar fun story, in college I lived behind the Best Buy and would occasionally walk to campus instead of drive...since my parking pass made me walk a mile anyways. Well, as I'm walking through the parking lot this bad ass bright yellow corvette pulls up next to me and rolls down his window offering me a ride. I declined.

He goes: "Come on man, you know damn well its hot as h*ll and you don't want to have to walk all the way to campus and then across to wherever your class is. Its not a bother to me I'm heading towards campus anyways" So I accept, and he goes great, "my names Terrance Murphy" I was quite blown away and asked why he was in town and not up north, as I recall he was back in town doing some classes and training...I think was not too long after his injury
First Page Last Page
Page 376 of 2374

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.