***** Official 2022 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

5,312,772 Views | 83072 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Harry Dunne
Beat40
How long do you want to ignore this user?
W said:

Altuve better borrow the Biggio armor for his 9th inning at-bat

They won't hit him tonight. Not with the warnings.

If they hit anyone, it will be tomorrow or Wednesday.
Marvin
AG
Altuve, Bregman or Alvarez will get beaned... maybe not tonight, but before Seattle leaves town.

Not a fan of the Astros getting a reputation for throwing at guys- not deserved I know, but still.
BadAggie
AG
Losing to shltly teams before the All Star break, must mean a return trip to the WS
BadAggie
AG
Marvin said:

Altuve, Bregman or Alvarez will get beaned... maybe not tonight, but before Seattle leaves town.

Not a fan of the Astros getting a reputation for throwing at guys- not deserved I know, but still.

Pretty sure the bad rep ship has sailed.
Marvin
AG
BadAggie said:

Marvin said:

With fans, sure. Don't need with umpires.
Mathguy64
AG
This team needs to come out tomorrow with a chip on its shoulder and bury the Ms
EastCoastAgNc
AG
BadAggie said:

Losing to shltly teams before the All Star break, must mean a return trip to the WS

It's long past time to embrace the villain role and steer into the skid. Correa was that guy for us, and no one has stood up to take his place.
W
AG
let's see if we have any bottom of the 9th drama...one way or the other
baseballaficionado
EastCoastAgNc said:

BadAggie said:

It's long past time to embrace the villain role and steer into the skid. Correa was that guy for us, and no one has stood up to take his place.

Nerris tried, until he thought it over and back tracked a bit. I know, nobody wants that suspension.
agproducer
AG
I'm just here for the Yordan walk off grand slam.
Beat40
Marvin said:

BadAggie said:

Marvin said:

With fans, sure. Don't need with umpires.

I don't think the umps feel that way at all. Anyone with a brain knows the situation yesterday was ridiculous. Also, they didn't eject Neris immediately.
Mathguy64
AG
7-4. This is about where it got fun last night.
n_touch
EastCoastAgNc said:

BadAggie said:

Ags #1
AG
So do we move bregman or yuli down? And move tucker and pena up? Or just hope bregs and yuli figure it out or alex finds a trash can?
Beau Holder
AG
Assuming Dusty will move anyone, bold.
bearkatag15
AG
Ags #1 said:

So do we move bregman or yuli down? And move tucker and pena up? Or just hope bregs and yuli figure it out or alex finds a trash can?
Bregman absolutely has to be moved down. Can't put Tucker there though so it would be Pena
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
W
AG
no drama
bearkatag15
AG
Now to watch Boston finish off a win over the Angels.
BadAggie
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

BadAggie said:

His replacement costs 97% less.

Though I agree.

Trash can? We're gonna gold plate that mfer.

Mathguy64
AG
Almost 4 hours for this **** show.
bearkatag15
AG
Wacha might be going for a CG for Boston
Beau Holder
AG
This team has been so abjectly awful with RISP that it's staggering the lineup has not changed. What's it going to take?
EastCoastAgNc
AG
As much as everyone clammers for trades or call ups to fix first base and catcher and center field, I'm starting to wonder how much longer bregman can remain without his offensive numbers improving significantly. His contract is an albatross and he has limited no trade. I know he's great defensively, but that can only make up for how awful he is at the plate for so long.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Beau Holder said:

This team has been so abjectly awful with RISP that it's staggering the lineup has not changed. What's it going to take?

Dusty getting fired, which ain't gonna happen.
BadAggie
AG
Messing around, 4th best record in baseball. Lost one of 162, back at it tomorrow.
bearkatag15
AG
Angels lose 12 in a row.

Wacha gets the CG with just 3 hits
EastCoastAgNc
AG

Remember Brooks Raley hitting one of their guys after giving up a grand slam and getting tossed
Beau Holder
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Angels lose 12 in a row.

Wacha gets the CG with just 3 hits

Love that for Wacha.

I'm sick of losses to the Mariners but imagine being an Angels fan right now. It's just losses to everybody.
Beat40
BadAggie said:

Messing around, 4th best record in baseball. Lost one of 162, back at it tomorrow.

Just win series.
BadAggie
AG
Lol so Robel got the Cubs to re-sign him but he found out there's suckers willing to part with more money on the other side of the world

https://www.bleachernation.com/cubs/2022/06/04/farewell-robel-garcia-hes-been-released-to-pursue-opportunities-abroad/
TRM
AG
Ags #1 said:

I was thinking
Altuve
Tucker
Pena
Alvarez
Bregman
Brantley
Yuli
CF
Catcher

If Brantley was hitting .300, I'd keep him in the 2 spot, but I'd like to see Tucker get an extended look there.
bearkatag15
AG
Brantley is hitting .287 and just went 3 for 5 tonight and has the 2nd highest batting average on the team right now. Why move him down?
TRM
AG
I guess I wasn't paying attention to the stat line much today, but last I remembered looking/watching he was around .270.
Beau Holder
AG
Well, his OPS is well below Tucker's despite having a 40-point advantage in average, for one. He feels like a weak ground ball machine most games despite this good one.

Also, maybe he could do more damage with his singles lower in the order with RISP. Since no one else who hits with RISP does anything with them.

Should say, I'm a fan of his as we all are. But no harm in trying something new.
bearkatag15
AG
He's been on a heater lately. 7 for his last 13 ABs
First Page Last Page
Page 359 of 2374

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.