***** Official 2022 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

5,316,732 Views | 83072 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Harry Dunne
Teddy Perkins
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
All I do is Nguyen
dshedd41 said:

No what I'm saying is usually the person who starts the thread from last year continues with it through the next year lol
My bad, I didn't know that. Mazag had started the previous few year's threads but you started last year so I thought it was just open to whomever.
CFTXAG10
AG
All I do is Nguyen
CFTXAG10
AG
Tomorrow night gents

Lets get April started off right with a W

dshedd41
S
It's cool, let's ride!
astros4545
AG
dshedd41 said:

No what I'm saying is usually the person who starts the thread from last year continues with it through the next year lol

If that was true
There would only be one thread starter in history
dixichkn
AG
In. P5 beeyatches. Let's gooooooooo

Good health, good times and good results this year

I would also like the Yankees letter opened but I'll believe that when I see it
Farmer1906
AG

Haven't read it yet but it's TED and written by Martin so it's great.
ChAg1799
AG
It's about funking time!!!
All I do is Nguyen
This is one thing that has always bothered me about the Astros FO. They tend to let the good talent leave (Correa, Springer, Graveman, Morton) rather than keep them. I get it, it's a business and business decisions have to be made, but damn I wish we could keep some people including Tucker, Bregs, etc.
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
I want to believe in my heart that those decisions are based into the market in general over valuing those players. Every teams knows how many runs they need to to save and generate to make the playoffs, I have to believe the astros models say they will succeed without those players you just listed with other alternatives. Once you make the playoffs its a craps shoot, and you miss a player like springer.

I still think there was more going on with correa than we know on the short term deal. It just doesnt make sense. I get why they didnt want to lock him in for a long term contract.

Locking up Presley for 2 more years at a very high salary is a good sign the club intends to compete. Based on our farm system, at some point we're either going to have to kill it in the draft or stop losing players and getting nothing back. I dunno, I have been playing the show alot so Im kind of an expert now.
Beerosch
AG
All I do is Nguyen said:

This is one thing that has always bothered me about the Astros FO. They tend to let the good talent leave (Correa, Springer, Graveman, Morton) rather than keep them. I get it, it's a business and business decisions have to be made, but damn I wish we could keep some people including Tucker, Bregs, etc.
They've done a pretty good job at balancing everything to keep the streak of 5 ALCS appearances running. Morton is the only one I think they screwed up on. They signed Bregman to about as long of a deal they should've at the time. We have him for 3 more seasons. We've had Altuve 10 seasons already and we have him for 3 more. They'll do what they need to.
htxag09
AG
All I do is Nguyen said:

Not going to lie, seeing this as the first image on page 1 sucks major donkey balls.

Also, surprised staff hasn't removed your last Bregman gif.
All I do is Nguyen
Changed it just in case
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
Dont think Tucker or Yordan would sign new deals right now, to be fair.
RO519
AG
I feel like we probably need to stop changing the initial post at this point... The thread has taken off and we are rolling. Too close to the season to be changing things now!
All I do is Nguyen
Normally I'd agree, but I'm not trying to catch the ban hammer lol
agproducer
AG
All I do is Nguyen said:

Blaze of glory
shano0603
AG
dshedd41 said:

Well I was going to start one but oh well…. I have a son now so I guess that's higher priority

Congrats on the sechs
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
All I do is Nguyen said:

You wanted to start it so you take what you get lol. It's the cross you bare
tjack16
AG

This is nice
EastCoastAgNc
AG
tjack16 said:

This is nice
That's almost right in the hitters view of the batters eye. Wonder if that'll end up being distracting.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Buck Compton
AG
Ragnar Danneskjoldd said:

I want to believe in my heart that those decisions are based into the market in general over valuing those players. Every teams knows how many runs they need to to save and generate to make the playoffs, I have to believe the astros models say they will succeed without those players you just listed with other alternatives. Once you make the playoffs its a craps shoot, and you miss a player like springer.

I still think there was more going on with correa than we know on the short term deal. It just doesnt make sense. I get why they didnt want to lock him in for a long term contract.

Locking up Presley for 2 more years at a very high salary is a good sign the club intends to compete. Based on our farm system, at some point we're either going to have to kill it in the draft or stop losing players and getting nothing back. I dunno, I have been playing the show alot so Im kind of an expert now.
Guys, this isn't difficult. He wanted opt outs every year, but only one-sided in his favor. **** that. You can't let a single player hold you hostage where if he has a great year he leaves but if he gets hurt or regresses, then you're stuck with him at another astronomical salary year.
Buck Compton
AG
All I do is Nguyen said:

What a post. Morton is the only "mistake" on that list, but everyone forgets how much injury risk there was there. It wasn't a slam dunk decision.

We had Graveman for half a season. Springer was old and injury prone. Correa wanted to hold us hostage.

We haven't even lost Bregs or Tucker yet, so not sure what's going on with that part of the rant.

It's the beginning of a new season. This should be a hopeful and exciting time. Not melancholy.
CFTXAG10
AG
CFTXAG10
AG
Also….

Buck Compton
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Also….

Going to be a long and late start to the season. Really bull**** to start the season with a 10 game road trip, all on the west coast.
bearkatag15
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Also….

Love it. My favorite games are ones that start after my kids and wife are asleep
cap-n-jack
I ain't got no job and I still can't stay up that late. I'll check on it every time I get up to pee.
Hate those left coast games.
tjack16
AG

This was hilarious

(for reference, Plouffe correctly predicted Braves over Astros in 6 games this time last year. So his prediction this season has been much anticipated)
Mathguy64
AG
Astros after Dark right out of the box. Gonna be some tatas after midnight.

Of course if you need some coffee to stay awake that late you can always pour a cup.

TRM
AG
That's the old schedule.
Ag_07
AG
So WTF was his prediction?

No shlt the Yankees aren't winning the WS.
First Page Last Page
Page 5 of 2374

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.