***** Official 2022 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

5,327,166 Views | 83072 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Harry Dunne
EastCoastAgNc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Judge walked it off for the Yankees tonight against the royals, 1-0. The new guy went 0-fer.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
EastCoastAgNc
AG
AggiEE
EastCoastAgNc said:

Don't do it click
ttha_aggie_09
AG
I'm glad I am not a GM because I wouldn't feel good about trading Urquidy. Dude has good postseason experience and results. I also wouldn't feel good about trading Javier… especially after throwing a non-no (yeah - combined) and being a potential long relief guy in the postseason.
Deluxe
AG
It's total luxury and compliment to the organization that we can even consider trading a guy like him
BadAggie
AG
Shttty that Urquidy has to be dealt instead of Blisters Odorizzi.
agdaddy04
AG
I don't think any good could come from trading Urquidy. Dude had been fun to watch grow up in the Stros
EastCoastAgNc
AG
BadAggie said:

Shttty that Urquidy has to be dealt instead of Blisters Odorizzi.

I think if you polled this thread, we would all agree that Jake should be the odd man out. Sadly, his contract is so expensive and not in line with his production that we would be hard pressed to get anything at all for him. Certainly wouldn't get what we need. He was a panic signing because framber broke his finger, and I kinda wish they had traded him in the off-season.
agproducer
AG
Farmer1906 said:

agproducer said:

Chas and Jake are AAAA players.

Chas is nearing 600 PA in the bigs with a 107 OPS+ in both seasons. Not everyone that's not an All Star level players is bad or a AAAA player. He's still above avg at the plate and we'll above avg in the field.

As a corner OF, I buy it. CF, no. Chas is a 4th OF.
BadAggie
AG
I think the Stros can get what they need via trade to win the WS without dealing Urquidy but I'm just an ahole with a Wi-Fi connection
bearkatag15
AG
Anyone watching the Jeter documentary?
Farmer1906
AG
agproducer said:

Farmer1906 said:

agproducer said:

Chas and Jake are AAAA players.

Chas is nearing 600 PA in the bigs with a 107 OPS+ in both seasons. Not everyone that's not an All Star level players is bad or a AAAA player. He's still above avg at the plate and we'll above avg in the field.

As a corner OF, I buy it. CF, no. Chas is a 4th OF.

In somewhat limited opportunities he was 4 outs above average last year and 3 so far this year in CF. He's good enough to play anywhere in the OF defensively.
Farmer1906
AG
If we want to land an impact player with multiple years it's going to have hurt. Urquidy hurts.
EastCoastAgNc
AG

BadAggie
AG
Open Sore Odorizzi
Stanky Odorizzi
bearkatag15
AG
The trade market for Urquidy might be pretty thin. It would need to be a team that feels they are on the brink and think their window opens in the next 3 years. Orioles seems to fit that mold to me.

A team like the A's or Pirates doesn't seem like teams that would be interested.
Farmer1906
AG
bearkatag15 said:

The trade market for Urquidy might be pretty thin. It would need to be a team that feels they are on the brink and think their window opens in the next 3 years. Orioles seems to fit that mold to me.

I think Urquidy is just part of it. It's going to include some high end prospects too to pull a Reynolds.
redline248
AG
Astros need 1 of 2 things to happen. Brantley gets back in the lineup, or we acquire a big bat. In my view, both of those things need to happen. Here's why.

Without Brantley, by some metrics, Chas is our 5th best hitter. The big problem is he's much worse against RHP. What does the team do in the playoffs, if they don't add a big bat to the lineup that can hit RHP? Even with Brantley back, Chas is still pretty good, but where is he going to play? CF over Meyers? Unlikely.

And then you still have Yuli in there not driving in runs and Maldy doing nothing. That won't cut it in October

(I know this all obvious to everyone, I'm just doing a little thought exercise out loud)
FrioAg 00
AG
I think they have to both get Yuli out of the regular lineup AND get Brantly or another big bat into the lineup.

The Dodgers and Yankees are both very good teams and we cannot afford to rest on our heels while they try to get better
BadAggie
AG
Lol California Angels of Los Angeles at Anaheim 22 games back, having fired their manager and shopping the Japanese Babe Ruth
Jackal99
AG
Big night in OKC. After falling behind 6-0 after the fifth inning, the Space Cowboys pulled ahead 12-6 and ultimately won 12-7. Home runs by Jose Siri, Lewis Brinson, and Corey Julks.

Photos of my son with Julks, mascot Brix, and the foul ball he out-hustled two grubby kid Dodgers fans for. And the view from our hotel room.

bearkatag15
AG
Contreras up top of the 9th down 2 on MLB network
W
AG
if the Astros trade away Urquidy...then I hope (I assume) the front office is planning to make a hard push to resign JV.

otherwise the front office is placing a really big bet on Lance's health

Marvin
AG
BadAggie said:

I'm just an ahole with a Wi-Fi connection

I hear there's an MLB Leaks account available…
LonghornDub
Another reason I'd hate trading Urquidy is he's a fast worker, and I love'em. Remember Oswalt? It was part of wha made him good. It keeps everyone awake and paying attention - me, fielders, and, unfortunately, batters. You do need to slow it down in critical situations.
God made the country, and man made the town. William Cowper

EastCoastAgNc
AG
Ag_07
AG
Guess I'm in the minority but I'm perfectly fine trading away Urquidy.

We have too many pitchers. With the logjam we have and the needs we have someone has to go and he's the odd man out.
Deluxe
AG
Looks like we still haven't named starters for Sat/Sun yet
EastCoastAgNc
AG

Naquin got dealt
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Ag_07 said:

Guess I'm in the minority but I'm perfectly fine trading away Urquidy.

We have too many pitchers. With the logjam we have and the needs we have someone has to go and he's the odd man out.
Agreed, most on here were calling him the odd man out, needs to go to the pen etc etc but as soon as hes actually mentioned in a trade then he's too good to be traded...

To the poster who said we need to complete trades without him, the other option is Hunter Brown...not interested
KTAG05
AG
What is the date that Hunter Brown needs to be on the 40 man roster?
TRM
AG
December
texasaggie2015
AG
I've spent a lot of time trying to decide who, between Garcia, Urquidy and Javier, I would feel best about giving up.

I don't think Urquidy gets the credit he deserves. He's not flashy but hits his spots and gets the job done. He also has a lot of postseason success under his belt already which is extremely valuable. I'll never forget that start in 2019 in Washington during the WS. Huge balls.

Now, the counter argument to that would be his health. He's already had Tommy John and he had that shoulder issue last year. Is this going to be an ongoing thing throughout his career?

As good as Javier has been, I still see a ton of untapped potential. I also love his versatility. It's huge in the postseason when he can either start or give you multiple innings out of the bullpen. He does have a tendency to be wild sometimes and struggle to get deep in games. Will that limit his potential? Maybe.

And then you have Garcia who's been a great story for us. I think he also has quite a bit of untapped potential and he may have the most value between those three. The funny thing is... out of the three, I think I would trust Garcia the least in a big start. It's tough.

I love all three of those guys but I'm leaning towards Garcia being the guy I would be the most at peace with giving up. I can see a legitimate argument for all three though. I also think we can do better than a rental for a Garcia package and we would still have plenty of ammo to go get another piece on top of it.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

I've spent a lot of time trying to decide who, between Garcia, Urquidy and Javier, I would feel best about giving up.

I don't think Urquidy gets the credit he deserves. He's not flashy but hits his spots and gets the job done. He also has a lot of postseason success under his belt already which is extremely valuable. I'll never forget that start in 2019 in Washington during the WS. Huge balls.

Now, the counter argument to that would be his health. He's already had Tommy John and he had that shoulder issue last year. Is this going to be an ongoing thing throughout his career?

As good as Javier has been, I still see a ton of untapped potential. I also love his versatility. It's huge in the postseason when he can either start or give you multiple innings out of the bullpen. He does have a tendency to be wild sometimes and struggle to get deep in games. Will that limit his potential? Maybe.

And then you have Garcia who's been a great story for us. I think he also has quite a bit of untapped potential and he may have the most value between those three. The funny thing is... out of the three, I think I would trust Garcia the least in a big start. It's tough.

I love all three of those guys but I'm leaning towards Garcia being the guy I would be the most at peace with giving up. I can see a legitimate argument for all three though.
I personally see too much value and potential in Javier, hes not a trade option for me.

Urquidy has less team control, older and inconsistency/injury issues listed above which puts him at the top of the list.

Garcia I am exactly where you are (plus as mention previously he works so slow and his motion annoys me) but he has good team control and upside so it would take something major for him to be included...I dont see that trade out there but Im not in our front office
First Page Last Page
Page 762 of 2374

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.