***** Official 2022 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

5,316,921 Views | 83072 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Harry Dunne
Mathguy64
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Stassi and Straw ahead of the defending AL batting champ.

Did the Atlantic forget to post this 5 days ago?
Oyster DuPree
AG
bullard21k said:

Tony Eusebio in rumored to be hired in the next few weeks as a hitting consultant FYI

Former Astros hitting streak title holder
Coog97
Red Five said:

Ragnar Danneskjoldd said:

i had an irrational love for jason lane.
I had a fully rational hatred for Jason Lane. The man threw left and batted right. WHY!?
Worked okay for Rickey Henderson.
Texaggie7nine
7nine
Beerosch
AG
bullard21k said:

Tony Eusebio in rumored to be hired in the next few weeks as a hitting consultant FYI
Dude knew how to utilize the whole field for hitting. I remember watching him hit 2 grand slams in one season in person. He didn't hit many home runs...maybe that's why I randomly remember that.
zgood10
AG
LFG boys!
Proudag06
AG
IN!

The Porkchop Express
AG
Beerosch said:

bullard21k said:

Dude knew how to utilize the whole field for hitting. I remember watching him hit 2 grand slams in one season in person. He didn't hit many home runs...maybe that's why I randomly remember that.
I'll never forget hearing Tony on the radio post-game one time when they asked him about catching Randy Johnson and he said, "He's so intimidating because he's so tall, man. He's like 6'6 or 6'7."

I'm not sure what was funnier, that it was such a well-known fact that Randy Johnson was 6-10 and Tony had no idea.
Or the fact that Tony himself was 6-4,and somehow thought Randy Johnson was only 2-3 inches taller.
Feels so good, feelin' good again.
All I do is Nguyen
Man all of the "experts" are super high on the blue jays this year. Are they seriously that good? Outside of Vlad jr and Springer idk anyone else on their roster
agproducer
AG
All I do is Nguyen said:

Man all of the "experts" are super high on the blue jays this year. Are they seriously that good? Outside of Vlad jr and Springer idk anyone else on their roster

Offense is strong with Bichette, Vladdy, Gurriel, Teoscar, Biggio and Springer. Pitching is better than average. Bullpen is ok.
Ag_07
AG
They were right in the thick of it last year with TB and NY.

Lineup with Vlad, Springer, Bichette, Biggio, Teoscar, and adding Chapman. And yeah forgot about Gurriel.

Plus their rotation of Berries, Gausman, Ryu, and Kikuchi plus a 5th is pretty stout.

On paper they're stacked. Can they put together on the field and compete with the boys? We'll see but there's a ton to be optimistic about when it comes to the 2022 Blue Jays.
Farmer1906
AG
All I do is Nguyen said:

They have good bloodlines on that team.

Farmer1906
AG
Ag_07 said:

They were right in the thick of it last year with TB and NY.

Lineup with Vlad, Springer, Bichette, Biggio, Teoscar, and adding Chapman. And yeah forgot about Gurriel.

Plus their rotation of Berries, Gausman, Ryu, and Kikuchi plus a 5th is pretty stout.

On paper they're stacked. Can they put together on the field and compete with the boys? We'll see but there's a ton to be optimistic about when it comes to the 2022 Blue Jays.
They were very good last year but ran into the **** luck (opposite of SEA). They probably should have won another 8 games. They were 5th in baseball in RD.

texasaggie2015
AG
All I do is Nguyen said:

They're damn good
Farmer1906
AG
I don't like giving Jomboy eyeballs but this preview is decent. They struggle to give us credit without giving too much. You can tell it hurts. The non Yankee homer loves us.

Deluxe
AG
I like Plouffe's quote about how the Astros don't even have a window anymore. They're a total open-air concept with the breeze always flowing through.
bearkatag15
AG

Someone was asking about where LMJ is at in his recovery earlier. Looks like he starts throwing later this week

He might be ready in about 8-10 weeks?
Farmer1906
AG
I considered stealing it and just using it on here. But the video was worth sharing. The internal struggle was classic.
amercer
AG
Let's go
OPAG
AG
Late but in!
"only one thing is important!"
CFTXAG10
AG
I have spoken to Maz, the overlords issued him a perma, but he has given Nguyen his blessing and is glad to see he got the thread started

And he addsโ€ฆ.

cap-n-jack
CFTXAG10 said:

I have spoken to Maz, the overlords issued him a perma, but he has given Nguyen his blessing and is glad to see he got the thread started

And he addsโ€ฆ.

Maz I saw these gals out on the road today. They asked about you. I told them to pray mightily.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Farmer1906 said:

I don't like giving Jomboy eyeballs but this preview is decent. They struggle to give us credit without giving too much. You can tell it hurts. The non Yankee homer loves us.

They just have to add every jab possible. WTF is he smoking saying we cheated in all of 18 and some of 19. And Jake just wants to stay down on us so much. Its actually really entertaining to hear. Id be interested to see what they unicorn farts and rainbows take is for the yankees
Mathguy64
AG
Can we just all read the Yankees memo and shut these mouth breathing chodes up?
EastCoastAgNc
AG

linkdude
AG
Scoop'd!

I'm really happy about this extension. Shows their confidence in him moving forward.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Quality start to the thread
mAgnoliAg
AG
Missed this all day
linkdude
AG
agdaddy04
AG
Let's. Do. This.
Harry Dunne
All I do is Nguyen said:

You know Matt Chapman.
Farmer1906
AG
So much red.

Over the last 4 seasons Pressly only trails Liam Hendricks & Josh Hader in WAR for relievers.

He's pitched in 31 postseason games. In 25 he gave up zero runs. In 16 he gave up zero hits.

Over the last couple of years his velo was slightly ticking down until 2021 when it spiked back up. Hopefully that means he'll age well.
Farmer1906
AG
Farmer1906
AG
Call me kitty kat

EastCoastAgNc
AG
Hopefully yuli is up next in the extension line
First Page Last Page
Page 3 of 2374

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.